It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stressed out? Anxious? - DiY: Stress & Anxiety Relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Do it Yourself Stress & Anxiety Relief

A lot of people are stressed out in our current society. That is perfectly understandable considering the amount of social pressures anyone in a materialistic corporate nation faces. But are these stresses and pressures even warranted? For the most part, no. They are not. Allow me to elaborate.

A lot of the factors that stress people out in day to day life are trivial at best. Whether you are worried about what other people think of you or whether or not you are going to be able to afford the new Xbox game. For the most part our stresses and anxieties hold no real threat to our health or well being except for the fact that we are stressing over them in the first place. In this guide I am going to present to you some of the tips and techniques that have helped me to relieve some of the many stresses and anxieties I used to face. When you begin to feel anxious or stressed out, consider doing the following.

Stop what you are doing, breath and prioritise: Take a moment to relax. Take some deep breaths, doesn't matter if they are in through your nose and out through your mouth, as long as you suck in that sweet sweet oxygen! Now think rationally about the things that are causing you stress. Why are they stressing you out? What are the ramifications of forgetting the problem altogether and moving on? (Often you will find that you are stressing over something trivial and it would be easier to just let the problem go instead of running around in circles).

If there is something that desperately needs to be sorted out, get a piece of paper and a pen and explore all possible ways in which you can resolve this problem. (Writing things down is a much more organised and stress free way of dealing with problems. It allows you to go back over your thoughts and improve ideas) Once you have found a viable solution make a detailed plan and work towards achieving that goal. Sort out the most important big problems first and the smaller ones should look after themselves.

Step outside yourself and enjoy the little things: Whether this means taking the dog out for a walk in the woods or looking at the stars. Take a moment (or ten) to appreciate the many beauties around you. Nature is full of wonder if only you take a minute to appreciate it. Notice the birds defying gravity.. Trees that have been there for hundreds and hundreds of years! There are so many wonders in nature that can take your breath away. All you need to do is observe.

Start playing a musical instrument and start making music: Music is a great medium to express emotions whether directly or indirectly. Playing an instrument really helps to relieve stress and anxieties. It is truly therapeutic! Definitely worth giving instruments a go and if you used to play an instrument back in the day then why not start up again?

Take a vacation: You don't need to leave country or spend a lot of money to take a vacation. All it takes is a remote location, you, food and maybe your favourite music or book. Turn off your phone, cut off all contact with the outside world and be at one with yourself. You may have a profound spiritual experience!

And overall..
Don't worry... be happy!

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I used to go to work, come home sit down in front of the tube and watch re-runs. I used to be bitter, stressed, anxious, always eager for the next adventure and because no adventure was around i persecuted close family members for my own disappointments.

One day I decided enough was enough, bought a drum kit and committed to being a drummer. 5 years later I am good at what I do, never watch tv like i used to and am happier then ever.

Music saved me, it saved my mind and will ensure it will remain active no matter how old I get.

This piece of advice in the OT is truth, everyone should consider it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

You forgot to add MASTURBATION to the list its a natural way to relive stress i believe. Im not to sure though i have never done such a thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
stress is considered to be main cause of all diseases. all life we run ourselves here & there. without worrying about our health & the long term impact of stress on our body.
if you can avoid stress learn to manage stress properly & relax instantly.

24x7meditation.blogspot.com...

top topics

join