It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Origins of Niburu/2012/Planet X!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
People always wondered where the whole Niburu 2012 end of days idea came from,so I thought I'd make thread about it.

There is a little copy and paste,but I'll make it short and ad my own theories.

Yahoo is saying something and acting like this is where it first originated from..

The idea that doomsday will result from a planetary collision was first proposed in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, a self-described "contactee." Lieder claims she has the ability to receive messages through an implant in her brain from aliens in the Zeta Reticuli star system. On her website, ZetaTalk, she stated that she was chosen to warn mankind of an impending planetary collision which would wipe out humanity in May 2003. (When no such cataclysmic event occurred, Lieder's followers chose 2012 as the new date for the Nibiru collision, which coincides neatly with other doomsday prophecies focused on the ending of the Mayan calendar."Lieder originally called the bringer of doom "Planet X," and later connected it to a planet that was hypothesized to exist by a writer named Zecharia Sitchin in his book "The 12th Planet

ca.news.yahoo.com...

The article does go on to say..

According to Sitchin (1920-2010), the ancient Sumerians wrote about a giant planet called Nibiru — the "twelfth planet" in the solar system, after the other planets (including Pluto), the sun and moon — which has an oblong orbit that swings near Earth every 3,600 years. Humans actually evolved on Nibiru, he said, and colonized this planet during a previous flyby.

But where it really originated from is the bible and the Sumerian text.And they don't even mention that!Which is odd if you are trying to explain the actual origins of it!

Here's a video about the Sumerian text!I don't know how to embed google vids so..
conspiracyrealitytv.com...

Also here's an article about scientist James M. McCanney and how he exposed NASA about the Niburu/planet X so-called myth!
www.escapeallthesethings.com...

I want to add Human_Alien's thread to this too because of all the useful information on planet X/Niburu there.So check that out!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My point is the story wasn't made up by conspiracy theorists like the government is saying.So why are they saying that?Think about it!If you say conspiracy theorists made it up then who's going to believe it?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.

edit on 11/7/11 by argentus because: added ex tags to sourced material.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

They did make up Niburu. At least it being a planet. Babylonian astronomy (as there is no actual writings from Sumer on astronomy) claim it as the highest point of the ecliptic and the constellation corresponding to this point. Occasionally it will also correspond to a planet. Usually Jupiter or Mercury.

As for Planet X, it was a term coined by Percviall Lowell in the early 20th century. At this time Neptune had recently been discovered and astronomers were noticing perturbations in its orbit as well as Uranus'. This lead them to believe that there was another planet in the solar system. The search for Planet X continued on and off for the next few decades until Voyager II's fly-by of Neptune, at which point its mass was reclaculated and the perturbations disappeared. Lieder merely chose this name to give her "theories" a sense of legitimacy, but astronomers had given up the hunt for Planet X for more than a decade before she started using it.

As for 2012, there are very few Long Count calendars that end after 13 baktun. On top of that all of the ones that do are from the Post-Columbian period. When one looks at Mayan beliefs from this period it becomes clear that they were being influenced by Christian missionaries. Finally, recent research has lead archaeologists to believe that the correlation used to match the Long Count up with our current Gregorian Calendar is wrong. So, even if the Long Count ends after 13 baktun, it still won't correspond to December 21, 2012.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
this is where nibiru originates..

Zecharia Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki, which he states was a race of extra-terrestrials from a planet beyond Neptune called Nibiru. He believed this hypothetical planet of Nibiru to be in an elongated, elliptical orbit in the Earth's own Solar System, asserting that Sumerian mythology reflects this view.

but this is the most important part..

Sitchin's hypotheses are not accepted by scientists and academics, who dismiss his work as pseudoscience and pseudohistory. Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.

as is this..

Sitchin's books have sold millions of copies worldwide and have been translated into more than 25 languages.

link
edit on 11/7/11 by Misterlondon because: link not working

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/7/11 by argentus because: changed quote tags to ex tags

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thats enough proof of a farce for me:"Humans evolved on a planet with a 3600 year elliptical orbit"?

I submit: A planet like that would spend a majority of its time in the cold and dark outside of a habitable temperature zone. With hard frozen liquids and gasses. (for sure no vegetation(food!) as we know it).
flame on!
edit on 11-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Finally, recent research has lead archaeologists to believe that the correlation used to match the Long Count up with our current Gregorian Calendar is wrong. So, even if the Long Count ends after 13 baktun, it still won't correspond to December 21, 2012.

Did someone say October 28, 2011?
dun dun duuuuuun!!!!!
I have no clue wether any of this stuff will come true. But You can bet your patooty I wont be near any large population centers around the end of October. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Nope. The October 28, 2011 date comes from Calleman and is even more incorrect that the current date. But why take my word for it? Here is archaeologist and Mayan expert John Normark to explain to us why Calleman is completely and utterly wrong.

Calleman's "2011 correlation"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks Xcalibur254~
I dont have time to read through it right now but I will definetly read it when I get home.
Thanks again,we can never have enough info and insight on this matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

all this is said to have started with zeta-talk

The Planet X, Nibiru Psyops Keeps Going, & Going, & Going, & Going.....

Nibiru was seen by the Sumerian astronomers 3850 BC. It was huge in the sky with a comet tail covering more than half the night sky. Anu and his wife, rulers of Nibiru made a state visit to Earth to view the spectacle. They later went
to Mars to view Nibiru from that planet. At closest approach Nibiru is in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, its orbit never crossed
Earth's orbit.

With 3600 year orbit it should have returned about 150 BC. There is no astronomical record of its return.

If it were somehow missed by the sky watchers of Alexandria, Babylon, Rome, Persia, India and China by showing up on the opposite side of the
sun and it were to return in another 3600 years then it should show up 3450 AD about 1439 years from now.

I was told in 1971 by the Melchizedek teachings that the people of"Maldek" had destroyed their own planet. Maldek/Marduk/Nibiru are the same planet. I believe the destruction happen[ed] about the time of Abraham circa 2000 BC.

follow the links at the bottom of the page to go further down this rabbit hole

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The mayan calendar is an attempt to explain an internal mechanism of the human brain, apart of an advanced "school" - however, the "new system" is a "GUI" of the true system, kind of like windows operating over MS-DOS.

If you really really want to know - it was designed originally for an already advancced and spiritual race, there were a variety of puzzles and tests that were designed to question certain thoughts in a controlled environment, until an individual was able to match thier own polarity and discover the "next level" aka true selflessness, and once the "choice" is made a kind of "switch" activates.
edit on 12-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join