It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is just off....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is it just me? or does anyone else feel like something just feels odd or slighlty off as far as date and time goes...

For example, back in June in my part of the world when the sunrise was between 5:08 a.m. to 5:11 a.m. through out the month, on two or three mornings I woke up at about 4:30 a.m. and it was completely light out. Also, every single year I plant my garden on Memorial Day weekend and by July 4th I have a bunch of red cherry tomatoes, medium size eggplant and a a bunch of peppers... This year I planted exactly as I always do, the plants are healthy and starting to produce but they seem like they are about three weeks behind...

It just seems like we are a month behind for some reason. I can't explain it... does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow I have also noticed this too! I planted my tomatoes and peppers the same time as always, they are just now producing. I also have noticed daylight at 4:30am and Saturday it was still light at 9pm...WHAT?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

For example, back in June in my part of the world when the sunrise was between 5:08 a.m. to 5:11 a.m. through out the month, on two or three mornings I woke up at about 4:30 a.m. and it was completely light out.

Unless there's thick cloud cover, it will be.

Well I am the sun actually rose today at 5.00 but daylight started at 4.13. You'll also notice that in the evening in summer it can stay perfectly light up to an hour after sunset - or longer depending on your latitude.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
yes ive noticed it. i was in my garden watching planes and looking for ufos @4.15am the other morning and it was getting light ?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Same here. only a few peppers, a couple cucumbers so far, a few tomatos. Plenty on the way, just not wanting to "finish up" it seems like. Also noticed the same thing with the sun. My wife and I have talked about how early it was becoming light outside on more than one occassion. Definitely not just you, there's plenty of people on here talking about wierd feelings or things just not seeming right, and I'm right there with them, though I rarely post. You brought up veggies, i could confirm that for you. Have a good one bro.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Strange, right? It's very subtle yet I keep noticing little things like that... I have no idea why. I am not saying anything is up, I just wanted to see if others noticed this too.

It's July but it feels like June. I mean the weather, the insects that are out, the tides, everything... feels like we are a month ahead for some reason.

I mentioned it to someone before and he said, with regard to my garden, that it's because we had a few weeks of rain and cooler weather and that slowed things down. But we always have that kind of weather in the spring... it's never slowed things down before.

Anyway, thanks for the reply...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Yeah... this is actually the kind of answer I expected to see here...
I wasn't looking for UFO's, I wasn't even inside, I just happened to wake up at that time and said "wft is that light coming in my window?!"
edit on 11-7-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: none

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

If the New Age 'scientists' would have their way, then this is what they mean by a polar shift and changes occurring on the Earth. I honestly don't know what to make of it. It could also have something to do with Climate Change, Not Global Warming (these are different btw)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yes, I get that, after the sun goes down it stays light out. I just never noticed it being light out that early around here.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ive also noticed that is seems to be hotter about 6pm rather than midday? it used to be boiling midday then cool down during the evening but now its warm most the day then stupidly hot and sunny about 6pm ish?
or is it just here in wales ?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
Is it just me? or does anyone else feel like something just feels odd or slighlty off as far as date and time goes...

For example, back in June in my part of the world when the sunrise was between 5:08 a.m. to 5:11 a.m. through out the month, on two or three mornings I woke up at about 4:30 a.m. and it was completely light out. Also, every single year I plant my garden on Memorial Day weekend and by July 4th I have a bunch of red cherry tomatoes, medium size eggplant and a a bunch of peppers... This year I planted exactly as I always do, the plants are healthy and starting to produce but they seem like they are about three weeks behind...

It just seems like we are a month behind for some reason. I can't explain it... does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

I've noticed this for the last couple years. I live in Minnesota and April acts like March. May acts like April, etc. The sunlight is different too.

I always chocked this up as normal because I am only 33 years old...who knows if it has been like this in the past. I asked my parents and they have noticed the changes and I had a pretty lengthy discussion with my Grandpa (who is a farmer) about it too.

Everyone is noticing the slight changes as "different" weather.

So no, you are not alone in this.

So the question should be "why" etc these changes are happening. Is it natural? Are we alive in a time where the world undergoes great changes?

Who knows eh?

Not like our government will tell us anything they know.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Weather wise it's been completely ridiculous in MA.

No Spring, we just go from freezing cold Winter to miserable cold rain to 100 degrees and humid just like that.

Early Spring we had almost two weeks of hot and humid, totally not ready as my summer clothes were still packed away. Then it got cold again. It's been very erratic. I love it when people say they like living in New England for the four seasons... There are only three seasons, freezing cold winter, hot and humid summer and the rainy season

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ever heard of the term "climate change" , LOL!

It's happening, and at an accelerated rate from our limited perspectives.

Same for the background rate of extinctions of species. It's 3 deviations outside the norm.

Welcome to the anthropocene extinction event.

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

... And what did your grandpa have to say about it?

It could be completely natural and normal, but I don't buy that. It seems too sudden. And yes, I've noticed the feeling of being a month or so behind for a few years as well but this year, in the past several months in particular, things really seem to have accelerated! Everything is shorter and everything goes by quicker.

And no, it has nothing to do with my age... so please save the jokes for another time

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I live in Northern Europe and this spring I noticed that the wood sorrel had bloomed about six weeks early, blueberries already had fruit but still even now have not ripened. It most certainly doesn't feel like mid-July, but then April felt strangely summery.

We had an absolutely murderous winter, which started with our first snowfall in early-October and just continued blasting us straight through to late-March. The really odd thing was that I could smell spring in February. I can't imagine where the scent came from, but it was there and very strong.

My houseplants paid no mind to the fact that the sun hadn't returned yet. They were starting their spring growth in March. I've been here for 25 years and I've never seen a year like this one. Definitely one for the books.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Question: do you actually see the sun over the horizon at 4:30AM, or is it just "light out?" When does the sun actually make its appearance?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

No I can't actually see the sun just yet but I do see sunlight on the tops of the 80 foot pines in my back yard... then it's only a matter of minutes. I'm thinking if I actually went outside and down the street a little bit I'd see the sun just barely over the tree tops.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was up late the other night (and have been for the past 13 years (bartender))

I found it quite odd that it was getting light out just after 4 am

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
pre-sunrise light in late june and early july isn't uncommon to be seen around 4:30 am, at least where I live. as far as things seeming "a month" ahead, I have noticed something. in the summer we get the monsoonal flows here, thats not the problem, the thing is they usually don't exhibit significant amounts of moisture build-up, storms, and wind untill late august. this past week we had a few freak storms already.

and another odd thing is well after sunset and the skies are dark aside from directly over the strip, the clouds from the south and east have a very noticable orange color to them. never seen that before unless there was a prominent brush fire around the valley.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Since we are almost neighbors I will reply as well since Im in Providence RI. I have to be to work by 4am and since I drive a cab, I can definitely back you up about the early light. I have really noticed it the last few weeks.

Weather wise I have always said about last summer that I felt like we basically just skipped it. I didnt even put my ac's in the windows until late july if I recall correctly, and then I only used them very little because there just wasnt really a need for them. It was cool enough at night.

The other thing I have noticed is the thunder storms. Im from Fla. originally and I have always said I miss the good thunder storms we had down there. Sure not missing them this year at all. I think I have heard more thunder this year then all the ten years I have been here. I certainly haven't had to water my garden much either. I have yet to set up my sprinkler system I use with hoses, it just hasnt required it yet. Just a little watering of the veggies I have planted, no big deal at all.

Last but not least, I have two huge butterfly bushes that are usually active by now with butterflies yet I have yet to see one so far. I was happy in spring that I still had a few bumblebees at least, but no butterflies as of yet. Can't even say as I have seen any while driving around town.

Seems the baby birds were late this year as well. I feed the birds and Im pretty used to their patterns. Just this last week have I noticed the baby birds finally coming to eat with the parents and this is around town as well.

lol So there is your update from Rhode Island at least!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join