Native Family Attacked by Skinheads: then the beaten and bleeding victim is the only one arrested!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+42 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gotta love hate crimes...but this one also includes the worse form of police brutally too...
Full Story here

Johnny and Lisa Bonta, a Native family from the Reno Sparks Indian Colony, became the latest victims of a hate crime on May 24 when they were attacked at a gas station along I-80 in Fernley, Nevada, a border town between the Fallon and Pyramid Lake Indian reservations.

“I was pumping gas at Quick Stop on our way to Reno to look for another job when these skinheads in a blue car drove by real slow and checked us out. The driver jumped out with a baseball bat, and I asked them ‘why you holding a bat?” said Bonta. “He said ‘let’s do this’ and tried to pick a fight. I don’t know how to explain what happened—we didn’t do anything to them.”

Trying to avoid the confrontation Bonta gets his family back in the car and off they drive... yup you guessed it, those skin heads were hot on their heels. before they could make it to the freeway on-ramp, and safety those skinheads cut Bonta off forcing him to crash into them...

“They all jumped out of the car with baseball bats, knives and a crowbar, and we knew they were going to hurt us,” said Lisa Bonta, in an interview from Washoe Medical Center, where she was in treatment for seizures she suffers.

Now this fight broke out at 1pm just as people were returning from lunch, on the side of a very busy interstate mind you... No One... stopped to help...

Lisa and her daughter, Alyssa, were terrified watching the brutal and bloody fight as her unarmed husband and son-in-law tried to fight off the three young men in their 20s.

“I saw one of them hit my husband in the head with a bat, and the other one was trying to cut off his braid with a knife. Johnny was covered in blood and they just kept hitting him with a crow bar. They even tried to slit his throat,” she added.

Lisa Bonta is outraged that their attackers were all released at the scene of the crime and were not charged despite the fact they bragged about it on Facebook on May 24, the day of the attack.

Johnny Bonta, (Lisa's Husband) bleeding and barely standing after being hit in the knees with a bat, was arrested on the scene and taken to jail. He said he was not allowed medical treatment for six days while he was in the county jail, all the while uncertain about what charges had been filed against him.

At first they said there was a bench warrant for an unpaid $367 fine, and when we made arrangements to pay that, they charged him with battery with a deadly weapon, even though it was those boys who had the weapons. The booking papers say we owe $30,367.00. ”

The Bontas said since this happened, at least four other Native families have told them they too were harassed and attacked by skinheads in nearby border towns. But people told her they don’t report the incidents because they don’t believe police will help them. These follow an April 2010 attack on Vincent Kee, Navajo, in Farmington, New Mexico, where three men took Kee from a McDonald’s and shaved a swastika symbol on the back of his head and branded him with the symbol using a coat hanger.

Since the story broke supporters have started a petition at Change.orgfor the Governor of Nevada to address the situation along with other hate crimes in Nevada. A Facebook page was also created in support of the Bonta family.Justice for Johnny Bonta and Family

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is exactly why we have the Second Amendment because, cops can't PREVENT crimes only you can do that.
The only thing police will do is investigate the crime after you are already DEAD...
Check out this video with Mike Maloney and Robert Kiyosaki These guys are warning of what is coming our way...
Peace out ATS

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

a horrible and tragic story. what can be done against such hate, ignorance and injustice, or are we condemned as a species to endure such madness?

many of us do not deserve this gift of life.

peace be to those who suffer at the hands of hate. may life and love heal their wounds.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is so easy for little stupid crap to turn into big stupid crap like this. It's crap like this why I support open-carry. I get infuriated by crap like this. I hate bullies. It's 1 of those situations where you want to go hunt these slime down and show them what fear is. Sorry ya'll. My mother was cherokee and this really pisses me off. I know crap, crap crap. It's the nicest thing I can think to say with the mood this story put me in.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAKE13X

As a veteran (albeit retired) police officer I second that notion in it's entirety.

The police are NOT there to protect you and have NO duty to do so. There is even Supreme Court ruling on this. Castle Rock v. Gonzalez IIRC.

Unfortunately the population has been conditioned to believe that the police will protect them from all kinds of criminal activity in order to suppress the self-reliance that once characterized Americans as being unique. Best to let Big Daddy Government ensure your safety- after all they know what is best for you.

Originally posted by mythos

a horrible and tragic story. what can be done against such hate, ignorance and injustice,

It's called a "Failure to Stop Drill"

Two rounds center of mass, one round cranio-ocular.
edit on 11-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The whole story sounds like BS. I guess Native American's need attention, too.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is absolutley disgusting!

Further more, everyone that passed them on the freeway are just as guilty of this crime as the skinheads that did this. People may say that there is rampant racism where I live in Ky, but I promise you, had this happenned on I65 near my area, I would have stopped and opened fire on those thugs. And just for reference, I am a 6'1 260lb shaved head caucasion. NOT a skinhead!
edit on 11-7-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That is absolutely disgusting and intolerable. How these thugs got away with such a blatant crime is beyond me. What it shows is that the justice system in broken, severely. It was completely obvious who was the victim and who was the attacker, three guys with baseball bats chasing down and ruthlessly assaulting these innocent individuals with blunt objects is most definitely a crime and one which should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I agree with the posters above who said if we were allowed easier access to carry fire arms these crimes would diminish, would these thugs have tried to attack this man had there been a gun in his hand? I highly doubt it.

What angers me even more is that these are Native Americans being targeted for hate crimes. Absolutely despicable, do these morons not know that this land is originally theirs? Even if we do own it now I still give much respect to the Natives not only because this is originally their land but also because I have a very deep respect for them. Had it been any other race I would not have even posted a response but attacking Native Americans makes my blood boil. Yes I am bias and do not apologize for that.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
THANK GO FOR REAL GUARDIANS! How the beaten was the only arrested
smh...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This story is truly despicable and infuriates me. The racists skinheads should have been arrested on the spot for this crime. I would have liked to see them beaten like they beat their Native American victims.

I am not Native American nor do I have any relatives that are, but I have a deep respect and love for these people. I have a couple of friends who are Cherokee and they are the best in the world. This was clearly a Hate Crime.

It blows my mind that stuff like this is still happening in today's time....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What angers me even more is that these are Native Americans being targeted for hate crimes. Absolutely despicable, do these morons not know that this land is originally theirs? Even if we do own it now I still give much respect to the Natives not only because this is originally their land but also because I have a very deep respect for them. Had it been any other race I would not have even posted a response but attacking Native Americans makes my blood boil. Yes I am bias and do not apologize for that.

No one owns the land and I think most native Americans would agree that at the time and even now we are nothing more than care takers of this garden world.

As for the story, though I'm in agreement that open carry would help prevent these horrifying events, not everyone is going to open carry so they will still happen. We should focus alley on the miscarriage of justice in this instance rather than calling for vengeance from our computer screens by turning this into a debate about gun rights. This story is about hate, racial divides and injustice.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I want to think signing the petition and sending note of support to the family will help.
I'd like to think that.

Thank you

Peace to you and yours

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
More info on the case. I am still surprised that the guy wasn't given medical treatment. This alone speaks volumes of the Sheriff department if this turns out to be the case.

“The allegations made to say we have not investigated this properly are just not true,” Veil said. He described the accounts of the incident given on the Indian Country Today website as “awfully one-sided and without merit.”

www.mydesert.com...

District Attorney in Lyon County, Bob Auer and he says the facts don't necessarily point to a hate crime, but he says it was "a mutual fight."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Dee Cassell charges Bonta smashed a ratchet into her son's window, beat him with a golf club while he was still sitting in the car, and none of the younger men had weapons.

www.rgj.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow...sometimes it baffles me at what people can get away with even after they brag about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

So lets look at each of your story sources...
MSN said,

The Native American family said, the local sherriff’s office never asked them for a statement on the alleged attack, until now.

The local sheriff's office said they also spoke with the group of white men involved in this incident who agreed, they did not investigate anything.

RGJ reported

Dee Cassell charged the incident began between Bontas son-in-law and Janiszewski who "don't like each other," and she maintains it had nothing to do with either race or the Bontas.

She also charged that Bonta's stepdaughter hit her son in the head with a wrench ten times.

Yet the father, J, Bontas and his son were the only ones injured, the father bleeding..

My Desert had this tidbit to add to the puzzle...

The Lyon County Sheriff’s Office might not be a neutral party since one of the people who fought with Bonta is the son of a former deputy, Melendez said.

Son of a former deputy... and released at the scene... does that sound fair and impartial to you???

Here at ATS we always warn about how bad life would be under a totalitarian rule... well it looks to me like that day is now...At least there in Nevada

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I just posted the extra stuff so people can see what others are saying. I find the sheriff department and DA being very defensive and I can't blame the family for not cooperating.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Naw I wasn't ragging on ya...
I always find your comments useful and sometimes insightful ... or at least inciting

rather I'm thankful for the extra links you dug up...
when reading over those stories you linked to... these lines were the ones to just pop out at me...
good find and thanks for taking the time to add

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The best way to protect against this scum is to have a gun, and also a camera (even on a phone) in general vicinity to collect some evidence.

There was a similar case here in Slovakia (not racially motivated, tough) where a man was beaten, and after the police arrived, they did not even stop the fight for a while, and after that they shook hands with the attackers (obviously their friends) and went to charge the victim with an assault. Unknown to them, the whole thing was caught in a nearby security camera, and they found themselves on the frontpage of newspapers the other day.
Bottom line is, police may not help you at all.
edit on 11/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thanks for posting...it's a pretty tawdry story, and deserves to be heard.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Got news for you... what if this was a publicity stunt for the police department to get more funding.
Hmmmm ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join