It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministers urged to let schools and hospitals fail to hasten reforms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
SOURCE

Ministers have been privately advised to allow schools and hospitals to fail if the government is to succeed in its overhaul of public services, confidential government documents reveal.

The prime minister will today announce long-awaited plans to "end the state's monopoly" over public services and give people more "choice and control" over what they use, in a white paper opening up swaths of the public sector to private companies, charities and mutuals. David Cameron will claim that the welfare state is failing, and promise to "release the grip of state control and [put] power in people's hands".

Under the plans, communities will be allowed to set up neighbourhood councils to commission services on a hyper-local level, individuals will get more personal budgets to buy their own services and the use of payment by results will be expanded to encourage markets to develop across the public sector.

But documents obtained by the Guardian under the Freedom of Information Act reveal research by civil servants warning that markets are susceptible to "failure" and costs could in fact rise unless a true market is created by allowing public services to collapse if they are unsuccessful.

It opens up the potential for schools, hospitals, social care systems and nurseries to fold without the government stepping in to prop them up. Labour called it an "appalling revelation".

The conservative party in the UK is implementing the classic form of 'developed world' Shock Doctrine to further entrench the power of the rich and scummy in the United Kingdom. They are creating 'fear' and faux examples of 'failed' Keynesian economic policies, what we are seeing here is an economic 'false flag' series of events, designed to scare us into selling off the national family silver - the NHS, public schooling - essentially the dismantling of the welfare state.

Tessa Jowell, the shadow cabinet office minister, said that the potential for allowing schools and hospitals to collapse was "an appalling revelation".

She said: "The education of children and the treatment of the sick should not be treated as a commodity to be traded, as if healthcare and educations were chocolate bars or washing powder."

This is clearly a right-wing conspiracy to leave the sick and vulnerable laid up and barely alive in the gutter, poor children are to be uneducated lest they challenge the status quo. This is a loud message to libertarians and caring people across Britain - "Know your place!"

The Revenant.
edit on 11-7-2011 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

David Cameron will claim that the welfare state is failing, and promise to "release the grip of state control and [put] power in people's hands".

This reeks of BULL SPIT, it will be released from state control & put into peoples hands, but it wont be the common man, it will be a multi national corporation, Providing that these services arent already controlled by those that want a OWG, they will be sold of on the cheap to them, just like greece & all the other countries that are going to fail on the euro.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
& if i had contained my anger and not typed my response i would have noticed your paragraph already addressing my point ! in that case, I 100% Concur & its disgusting, i dont use any of these services and i dont intend to so long as i dont have too.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
LOL! I feel your anger my friend. These people need to be stopped, and soon before we're all in hock to them and their rich cronies.

The Rev.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There should be no surprise that the tory government want to sell off everything to the private sector, it's what they do, it's their ideology, it's what thousands of people voted for when they thought they were getting change. well this is the change that you get. I imagine it will be an opportunity to fire people from public services and the rehire them on a crappy salary with less benefits, which again is what much of the populace are calling for, a reduction to public sector conditions.

This is what you get when you advocate a race to the bottom.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

So what is basically happening whilst the Torry Gov are in, is that the rich will continue to get richer? And what will happen to those that are already struggling? Britain is going to divide into Rich and Poor, and will encourage "social-class" which apparently "doesn't exist" back into play.

national family silver nhs and public schooling

As for the schooling system in Britain it doesn't work anyway, Schools treat students like numbers and let the ones who are deemed to fail or not meet "school targets" just get disheartened,and encourage the "elite students". This may be off topic but I personally do not believe that students are taught properly, it is my personal opinion that schools are dumbing society down and brainwashing youngsters especially when it is a religious school!
As well as this it seems to me that the Torry Gov is willing to let unfortunate or vulnerable youngsters fall into the gutter, as cuts have been made that takes support away from these young adults, and yet the government doesn't seem to realise why crime rates involving burglary and drug use/pushing has risen, because young adults know that the illegal dealings is where the money is at. It upsets me greatly seeing more and more young people out on the streets, especially when it is no fault of their own!

Incognito
xxx

top topics

join