It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Now Have Our Own Palistine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Regardless the valor of our soldiers in Iraq the political interest have assured us that we will be looked on as just a larger version of the State of Israel. Every day the news from Iraq and around the world makes us look more and more like Israel, in policy and actions. I think we run the risk of forever having to act more and more like Israel, which will corrupt our way of life and our future.

www.dailytimes.com.pk...

Respects,

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If the U.S. has its own version of Palestine, it's the 9 million+ illegal Mexicans living in the U.S., and the movement among them claiming "Aztlan" -- otherwise known as the southwestern U.S. -- should be "given back" to Mexico...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Amen to that. America and Iraq are not in conflict over land, and it is generally understood that America intends to withdraw its troops. We are seen as imperialist puppet masters out to control their economy and gain influence over their neighbors, but at least we aren't seen as genocidal racists, which is the nature of the extremists on both sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
If America cracked down on the Mexican border we would find ourselves in an interesting variation of the early Israeli-Palestinian scenario. The Mexican side actually represents the analog to the Zionist movement- returning to an area they once controlled and gaining influence in hope of one day separating. The United States would represent a much stronger analog to the Palestinian side, and at least for the near future, will be easily capable of putting down any Mexican seperatist movement.
I've never considered myself a racist, but I can tell you that Atzlan is a seriously raw nerve with white working people in areas where Mexicans are the majority. If local governments lost too much power, it is remotely possible that there would eventually be militia violence on both sides.

join