It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Being Provoked? Or Just Oppressed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
By now, most of us have heard the statement: “We live in a post 911 world.”
And no doubt that statement conjures up similar, yet unique thoughts and pictures to each of us.
For me, it brings to mind an excuse to push the institution of the most oppressive and technologically advanced police state ever known to man. And maybe something more...

Since 2001, we have seen police brutality consistently rising.
We have seen an ever invasive beaurocratic system become even more so.
We have seen the courts set precedent after precedent.
We have seen government snooping reach previously unheard of levels.
As of mid 2010, America is now in it’s longest running military conflict.
We have seen a steep rise in “non-lethal” weapons and “spy-tech” aimed at the citizenry.
We have seen some of the most controversial legislation ever passed.
And of course, we have seen the creation of the most hated of all alphabet agencies, the TSA.
The list could obviously go on.

To some of us this probably brings to mind past historical figures such as Hitler. As well as books like George Orwell’s 1984. Machinations of dystopian societies and totalitarian states.

But there is a question that I have asked myself for some time now, and would also like to ask my fellow ATSers:

Have those in the ruling class of our society become so confident that the overwhelming majority of citizens will accept whatever draconian measures they mete out, that they have little concern for the few who see them for what they really are?

Or is there possibly a deeper agenda to provoke some or all of the people to revolution? And if so, to what end?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Provoked or Oppressed, that is the question. Both is the answer. We are being provoked by oppression so we will retaliate, and wind up being oppressed further through our broken system, when they bring the hammer down on us. IMHO now is the time to get angry, and show this tyrannical semblance of a government who (we the people) really are.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I believe in times like these that the elite, ruling class, and/or TPTB do get too comfortable in their positions of power. Thinking that their subjects, peasants, are too ignorant to really understand what's happenning to them. That is their most deadly and I do mean deadly mistake. Even a child knows when they are being taken advantage of. As with all history you can only keep a populace under tyranny for so long before they will rise up and revolt. We see this trend consistently throughout history,from the Jews in Egypt, the French Revolution,American Revolution, WWI,WWII,civil rights movement, and even today in Egypt and other countries. Some would argue that this is TPTB plan, but seriously you guys give these men and women far to much credit. The illusion of freedom is easily shattered by common sense, which frankly isn't very common but is becoming more common everyday in the people around us. People are not as dumb as you think especially when you take away something they are passionate about. It's only a matter of time. If the Elite where smart they would back off and start giving us back our illusion of freedom but like most powerful they can't see the folly of their ways. That's where the deadly comes in. That's when people without guns stick up to people with guns and things get ugly.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Just to make sure I understand you correctly. You believe we are being provoked as well as oppressed. And that retaliation will result in further oppression. But you also say now is the time to get angry and do something. By your reasoning, will this not cause further oppression because retaliation is what they want? Or am I misunderstanding your post? Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
stinavamp

So am I to understand you also feel both provocation and oppression are applicable here? But also feel that the majority are not as blissfully oblivious as some would believe? Thanks for your input.

edit on 7/11/2011 by Apokalypsis because: misspelling

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Apokalypsis

Yes that is what I'm trying to communicate.That and history has a tendency to repeat itself.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Apokalypsis

I believe gunshooter is correct to apply both opression and provakation. I believe that TPTB don't expect more then 10 percent or probably less to revolt as most people are afraid of their government. I believe they are planning to smash the 10 to 30 million people to increase fear levels of the populace. I allready believe they know who we are and have been monitering us for some time. As a matter of fact i think it will probably never come to that since most people can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. I expect the second phase of economic turmoil
to hit America probably by the end of the summer and when it does most people will be fighting each other for what ever scraps there are around instead of worrying who caused this mess! I wish things were different & people were smarter, less ignorant and selfish but in the real world when it comes to survival most are only worried about themselves and theirs! God help us all if i'm right!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You actually believe today in America is the worst police state the world has ever seen?

Might want to research your history a little bet better. I'd start with oh say Moscow in 1985. If that still doesn't convince you that times for people have been worse I have plenty more examples.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
You actually believe today in America is the worst police state the world has ever seen?

Might want to research your history a little bet better. I'd start with oh say Moscow in 1985. If that still doesn't convince you that times for people have been worse I have plenty more examples.

Actually, what I said:

For me, it brings to mind an excuse to PUSH the institution of the most oppressive and technologically advanced police state ever known to man.

I have researched my history quite well, thank you. You might want to brush up on your reading skills. Thanks for your thoughts though kro32.

edit on 7/11/2011 by Apokalypsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I stand by my statement. As I said the world has seen far more extreme examples of police states than anything we have going on now.

However I will concede that the future is not written and I have no right to claim what your perceptions are so forgive me for alluding to that.

I still think your wrong though

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I know this will sound too woowoo for many, but I am certain-ly convinced, that whatever is ultimately behind all this creeping but aggressive/shocking tyrrany, is not.....or partly not; -human- . I'm not practicing religious, so I cannot sit here and say that the forces of AntiChrist legion are amping-up. I am and have been, on the fence about 'ufo-aliens'. But I could -very- well see nonterrestrials behind alot of this soulless oppression. Some stuff recently, is so cold and foreign, as to be beyond the pale. I know fascism has always been with us. I never watched the movie The Matrix, but I gather......it is about your reality under control? I think about all those many microbiologists who kept getting killed in crazy ways. I think about the late Congressman Steven Schiff, who began looking into missing Roswell records, and then died in short order, of a sudden malignancy. And this really happened to me. Back in '04, I made the decision to call a certain overnight radio show, and tell-all about a conspiracy which happened to me, re. ufos & the military. About a couple minutes into my nervous whistleblowing, my bathtub fawcett water turned on all the way. (A knob you have to turn [not easily] right or left). My point is,
I don't know how to react to all this darkness. I know we can't all just lay back and get-it. I stay on the computer and share info. Maybe everyone will figure out their own way.
edit on 11-7-2011 by simone50m because: spellcorrect

new topics

top topics

join