It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saif Gaddafi, Muammar Gaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Saif Gaddafi, Muammar Gaddafi

www.h uffingtonpost.com

TRIPOLI, July 11 (Reuters) - Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, a son of the Libyan leader, said his father's administration was in talks with the French government, according to an interview published on Monday in an Algerian newspaper.

"The truth is that we are negotiating with France and not with the rebels," the El Khabar newspaper quoted Saif al-Islam as saying in an interview in Tripoli.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
How deep does the rabbit hole go? This is interesting news coming out of Libya right now. So they are saying that they are the ones who created the rebel council and started the uprising in Libya, and without french support none of this would ever of been. So we will see what comes of this.

Mods I searched and couldn't find anything so figure I'd post it.

www.h uffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for proof on the Gadaffi sponsored Sarkozy election story.

Gaddafi’s regime had promised to release a “serious secret” on the election of Nicolas Sarkozy, a secret that could lead to his downfall. On Wednesday we saw. Well, almost. According to the dictator’s son, Saif al-Islam, Libya had sponsored the presidential campaign of the current head of state,

“Sarkozy must return the money he agreed to Libya to finance his campaign. It is we who have funded his campaign, and we have proof. “

Link to source

I don't think the truth will ever come out.

GM

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This makes sense considering Libya is the second largerst oil supplier to France. My question is, did the French ask for the talks or did Gaddafi?

I'm sure they're feeling the pain from the elevated oil prices because of this conflict.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh the cheeky swine molester! You know, this wouldnt suprise me in the least, were it to be proven! However, if Gaddafi , either the senior, or his backward offspring, think that they can play buddy games at this stage, they are sorely mistaken.

As we have seen with other organisations with unfortunate links to the west, whos paying who has ceased to matter much lately. Egypt for instance, is one of the wests key partners in the region, and that didnt stop virtualy all world leaders of any influence whatsoever, from roundly decrying the continued presence of Mubarak as leader of Egypt, and he was dethroned, which would never have happened unless the protests had failed to win the support of an awful lot of international figures, despite thier trade and diplomatic links with other nations.

I dont think for a minuite that this scenario in Libya will play out any differently because of this revalation. To be honest , now that this particular cat has escaped the drowning sack, Gaddafi's bargaining chips are looking pretty damned thin on the baize.

edit on 11-7-2011 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error. Im sure there are many more, but I got the one I spotted!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

(from article)
"Our envoy to (Nicolas) Sarkozy said that the French president was very clear and told him 'We created the (rebel) council, and without our support, and money, and our weapons, the council would have never existed'," it quoted Saif al-Islam as saying.

Well, seems pretty damning to me.

The French say they made the rebels. This shoots down everything that the coalition of the willing has ever claimed about some innocent revolution, and supporting them with force as part of a "humanitarian effort".

They play with human lives as if they mean nothing except profit and power in the end. They will fall hard.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The French were the first to do air-raid bombings as if they were in heat, they placed a "No-Fly" and the bombs went dropping before the ink could dry; ironically a French Canadian Pilot backed away when he saw where the targets were going to hit and refused to continue (I wonder what happened to him).

I believe that the World will rejoice at the capturing of Gadhafi because they are fooled into believing he is the menace of the World. He was only going to help stop the true "evil" regimes but no one will see that until it is too late.

I believe TrueBrit represents those who are indoctrinated into believing they are just and right in removing this man from his own country and his own people.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
if this guy gets political asylum after all this I am going to be so sad

new topics

top topics

join