It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims are taking over the West!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I saw my first Muslim loud speaker prayer car today in my local region in the western states. I can't believe I've never seen him before. There's a number of electronic manufacturing companies down the street. Maybe they collectively have a high number of Muslim workers in the area to warrant a prayer minivan.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Catch it parked alone,and douse it in hog blood...problem solved

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
Catch it parked alone,and douse it in hog blood...problem solved

Yes...because clearly, the first amendment doesn't guarantee people's right to exercise their religion freely. While we're at it, how about drenching Christian churches in blood too because of those annoying church bells?

Nice display of racism and bigotry you display here...although, it doesn't seem to be in line with the Christian message of love that Jesus apparently tried to spread around

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
Looks like Christians are finally getting some competition for easily brainwashed minds.

As opposed to atheist humans on a tiny speck on a speck on a speck, who believe they are so smart that they've proven god doesn't exist in the entire universe. How's it feel to be the most arrogant of all religious people? (arrogant, bitter religion of atheism.)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

It's most likely because "Sharia Law" threatens "Supposed Freedoms of said country". Sarcasm intended as well.

I am not a Muslim Lover nor am I a Muslim Hater.
I am not a Christian Lover nor am I a Christian Hater.

I despise ignorant freaking people though.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
Looks like Christians are finally getting some competition for easily brainwashed minds.

As opposed to atheist humans on a tiny speck on a speck on a speck, who believe they are so smart that they've proven god doesn't exist in the entire universe. How's it feel to be the most arrogant of all religious people? (arrogant, bitter religion of atheism.)

Atheism can't be a religion because it is defined as the ABSENCE OF FAITH IN A DEITY. What you just wrote, is like saying you're hungry and stuffed at the same time

And atheists don't believe in deities because there is ZERO OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE proving that such a creature exists. Just like we don't believe in unicorns, elves, or dragons. We live in reality, not some "dungeons and dragons like fantasy world". Having said that, you obviously have to right to believe whatever you want, it's a free country.

As for atheists being a minority, polls (Gallup) clearly show that they are on the rise, with impressive growth rates over the past 20 years...and the amount of religious believers has been decreasing during the same period. Why? Because good information is much more readily available thanks to the internet, people can educate themselves and start to realize that stuff like a 6k year old earth, people surviving in whales, virgin rewards for blowing yourself up, and fictional global floods are all nonsense and demonstrably impossible.
edit on 21-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Atheism can't be a religion because it is defined as the ABSENCE OF FAITH IN A DEITY.

But that isn't what atheism actually is in practice. Christianity is defined as a personal journey to make oneself like christ. All of the "flaws in christianity" you harp on are of humans failing to do that. Turnabout is fair play.

In practice, self-proclaimed 'atheists' are bitter, hateful trolls whose only joy comes from trying to destroy the joy of others, and mocking anyone who has any deistic beliefs. And as mentioned elsewhere on here, the religion of atheism answers 'The Big 5':

"Who am I?" - evolved monkey
"Why am I here?" - no reason or purpose
"How should I live?" - however you want
"What happens after death?" - nothing
"How can I find significance and happiness?" - demeaning those of faith (lol)

And atheists don't believe in deities because there is ZERO OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE proving that such a creature exists. Just like we don't believe in unicorns, elves, or dragons.

Believing in unicorns, elves or dragons wouldn't dictate your worldview and lifestyle. Also, we can go everywhere on Earth and not find these creatures and thus say they seem to not be on Earth. We can't go everywhere in the universe and multiverse, including back in time, and say "well, I went EVERYWHERE and there's no god! I proved it!" By equating these two things, you introduce more fallacy.

Your religion is fundamentally based on fallacy, though. The fallacy that you have proven a negative. As well as other fallacies, like the fallacy that your ingrained western morality doesn't have a basis in christianity, and could exist in perpetuity while not being supported by a christian society. It can't.

We live in reality, not some "dungeons and dragons like fantasy world"

Since you bring up this ridiculous argument, which is in fact a totally false comparison, I'd like to tear it apart as well - given that the worlds in the cosmos are more than the grains of sand on the beach, I would actually say it could easily be more likely that unicorns, elves and dragons exist somewhere than not.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Breed faster and stop having abortions to compete with the muslims . Men convert coz they get to be superior . i know all about this type of mentality .

They dont even have a philosiphy anyway...but maybe that coz they are made up by the desert dwelling nomads who had alien encounters with the not good aliens

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I think these guys are following your line of thinking:

New Jewish group wants to restore polygamy

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

In practice, self-proclaimed 'atheists' are bitter, hateful trolls whose only joy comes from trying to destroy the joy of others, and mocking anyone who has any deistic beliefs. And as mentioned elsewhere on here, the religion of atheism answers 'The Big 5':

"Who am I?" - evolved monkey
"Why am I here?" - no reason or purpose
"How should I live?" - however you want
"What happens after death?" - nothing
"How can I find significance and happiness?" - demeaning those of faith (lol)

Strawman argument

First of all, please prove that atheists are hateful. I'm an atheist, and I'm not hateful...I just don't like people preaching nonsense that's DEMONSTRABLY WRONG. I won't stop them from believing whatever they won't, but if they make statements that are just plain incorrect, I will correct them for the benefit of the people who don't know how wrong those believers are. An example for this is people surviving in whales, the bible claims this to be correct, but it DEMONSTRABLY isn't.

As for the "big 5"...

1) Evolved from monkeys...that's a fact. Not sure what issue you have with facts

2) Why am I here? The answer to this is personal. Everyone has another life purpose. Some are just in it to have fun, otherse consider raising a family their prime goal, and yet others believe blowing yourself up killing non-believers is the ultimate purpose.

3) How should I live? I guess you're talking about morals and imply they are god given...which of course is utter nonsense given the wiiiiiide variety of moral standars throughout the world. Morals are imposed by society, not god. Simple proof of that? I'm an atheist, yet I don't consider killing good.

4) What happens after death? The simple fact is that WE DON'T KNOW! You don't know, I don't know, no one knows...so atheists aren't saying "nothing is happening when you die", they are saying we don't know.

5) Happiness? Again, that's personal. Some find happiness in faith, some don't. For some, sports is ultimate happiness, for others it's their family. Faith and religion isn't the only source of happiness

In short, every single one of your "big 5" claims is complete and utter nonsens

Believing in unicorns, elves or dragons wouldn't dictate your worldview and lifestyle. Also, we can go everywhere on Earth and not find these creatures and thus say they seem to not be on Earth.

And guess, what, we have ZERO objective evidence for god's existence either

We can't go everywhere in the universe and multiverse, including back in time, and say "well, I went EVERYWHERE and there's no god! I proved it!" By equating these two things, you introduce more fallacy.

Most people don't claim there isn't a god, what they're saying is that there's ZERO evidence hinting at the existence of such a creature...which is the honest truth.

Your religion is fundamentally based on fallacy, though. The fallacy that you have proven a negative.

Do you believe in unicorns? Because just like when it comes to god, there's plenty of myths describing them, yet there's a complete lack of evidence supporting the claim that they exist. The same goes for Santa...

As well as other fallacies, like the fallacy that your ingrained western morality doesn't have a basis in christianity, and could exist in perpetuity while not being supported by a christian society. It can't.

Of course morality doesn't require Christianity!! Just look at some of the countries that don't have a large Christian population, they often also have low crime rates...Norway's a good example. Morality is imposed by society, and while in the Western world, Christianity definitely had an influence how morals and laws developed, it isn't a requirement given that there's hundreds of places on the planet without Christianity but decent morals.

Since you bring up this ridiculous argument, which is in fact a totally false comparison, I'd like to tear it apart as well - given that the worlds in the cosmos are more than the grains of sand on the beach, I would actually say it could easily be more likely that unicorns, elves and dragons exist somewhere than not.

You're confusing "likely" with "possible".

And just because it's a possibility, doesn't make it logical to claim it's the "truth" (or even worse, the "only truth").

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm sure it's been covered but how are Muslims taking over the west when the "west" is currently involved in wars with numerous muslims countries. If anything it's the other way around.

Also if you look at the statistics less than 3% of UK population is made up by muslims and from conversations i've had with Muslims most aren't that religious, especially the second and third generations.

As far as hegemonic religions go christianity has got to be the worst - they still send out missionaries !!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
I'm sure it's been covered but how are Muslims taking over the west when the "west" is currently involved in wars with numerous muslims countries. If anything it's the other way around.

Also if you look at the statistics less than 3% of UK population is made up by muslims and from conversations i've had with Muslims most aren't that religious, especially the second and third generations.

As far as hegemonic religions go christianity has got to be the worst - they still send out missionaries !!

Exactly!!

A good Egyptian mate of mine just moved to the UK, he's Muslim. We went for lunch and told he sandwich guy he wants "something with ham because he can't get it back home". Now, according to the bigots around here he's saying that to trick me into believing into him not being a terrorist trying to take over the west...in reality, I just think he likes ham and just like most Christians, realizes that the literal interpretation of 2,000 year old mythology is RIDICULOUS.

I also went to parties in Saudi Arabia, and there was plenty of alcohol (amongst other things). The young generation is looking towards the west, sees the freedoms we have, and they WANT that too. The same goes for Iran's middle class.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I still say splashing hog blood is the answer for overly aggressive moslems with their "message"...what you do to Christians or Jews is your business...i dont like Holy Rollers knocking on my door...I get rid of them by inviting them in for a Quija Board session...works just like hog blood on a moslem

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Strawman argument

Demonstrating why atheism is a religion = "strawman argument". Yep, sure thing buddy.

First of all, please prove that atheists are hateful.

Look around at any youtube video, any thread on here where atheists are chiming in to mock religion, such as you are doing right here and was the entire point of this thread -- to mock religion and/or to arrogantly demonstrate why atheism was "better." I showed how it is not any better at all, you call that a "strawman." Epic fail. Your religion shows itself to be a religion of hate, just by the actions of its believers.

I'm an atheist, and I'm not hateful...I just don't like people preaching nonsense that's DEMONSTRABLY WRONG.

No human can ever possibly demonstrate that there is no god. Even if every human that ever lived was wrong about god, it doesn't disprove god. Your statement is demonstrably wrong.

As for the "big 5"...

1) Evolved from monkeys...that's a fact. Not sure what issue you have with facts

It's a "fact" to you because it's an unquestionable tenet of your religion of atheism. As an independent thinker who is actually objective and doesn't have an affiliation, I see it at least as likely that humans were engineered by aliens. That actually fits more of the evidence and more of the unexplained problems with pure evolution, such as a species (humans) changing its chromosome count, and having genetic sequences not found in any other known living thing. It is only mocked as "preposterous" because it is not a generally accepted dogma, like the dogma of pure creation or pure evolution.

2) Why am I here? The answer to this is personal. Everyone has another life purpose. Some are just in it to have fun, otherse consider raising a family their prime goal, and yet others believe blowing yourself up killing non-believers is the ultimate purpose.

Once again insinuating the atheist fallacy "religion = blowing yourself up." See item 5 for more details.

3) How should I live? I guess you're talking about morals and imply they are god given...which of course is utter nonsense given the wiiiiiide variety of moral standars throughout the world. Morals are imposed by society, not god. Simple proof of that? I'm an atheist, yet I don't consider killing good.

You live in a society full of people whose cultural morays, standards of behavior, laws etc. were all based in some way on christian beliefs -- fundamentally that christ is the example to live by, definitions of good and evil, and that there are ultimate consequences to evil actions on earth. Once you have achieved your "atheist utopia" where the idea of ultimate consequences to actions is removed, you will be heading toward hell on earth, where the worst of human nature will be unfettered and free.

It doesn't matter whether god exists or not. All that matters is that we are in a society of humans with certain behaviors and inclinations. It constantly amazes me how the extent of atheist "wisdom" is "THERE IS NO GOD!", then their brains turn off and they proceed to spend all their time stroking their own egos and insulting anyone of faith. Anyone of high intelligence would have moved beyond the question of the existence of god, and actually looked at the societal implications of non-belief in god being applied on the societal level in perpetuity, all standards of personal behavior being freely changeable by the society, and what kind of direction society would ultimately take. There are many ways I could show why it would be a destructive path, and the most obvious is the hateful, negative behavior of atheists themselves.

4) What happens after death? The simple fact is that WE DON'T KNOW!

You don't? I thought you knew everything. You "know" there's no god, proving the negative in that instance. Why would you believe in an afterlife? To you we're evolved monkeys with no purpose, we're a soulless collection of neurons that foolishly imagine we actually exist. What's the scientific basis for an afterlife?

5) Happiness? Again, that's personal. Some find happiness in faith, some don't. For some, sports is ultimate happiness, for others it's their family. Faith and religion isn't the only source of happiness

I can believe that there are people who call themselves atheists who find some measure of happiness in the things you mentioned. However, every single self-proclaimed atheist I have ever known IRL or online has either been arrogant and hostile toward faith, deriving pleasure by attacking it (since they are jealous that others find joy in something they cannot, something they find foolish) and/or hedonistic drunks or otherwise miserable people, who are rarely lacking a negative comment about something.

And guess, what, we have ZERO objective evidence for god's existence either

What would be objective evidence? There could not be any. You certainly are not even close to objective. No human could be 100% objective in terms of god's existence.

I sometimes like to say "well, those old accounts of things that happened in ancient times sure seem weird and implausible" but then I realize that we, the lowly humans living on a speck of a speck cannot disprove god, nor can we state what such a god would want or would do with himself.

IF god doesn't exist, the only answer you have is that death is final, nothing really means anything, you and I and everyone will be forgotten, humanity itself will be forgotten and all of its accomplishments end up a burning cinder inside of our sun's ultimately ballooning photosphere (humans have already proven they are incapable and totally unworthy of surviving to create an interstellar civilization.) And you're an evolved monkey living on a planet where most of the other evolved monkeys are delusional, and the others are bitter and miserable.

Or if a God does exist, he may very well be capable of anything. Thus, saying "those dumb bible stories seem outlandish" is a foolish statement. A god that could create the universe can certainly do all the miracles claimed in the bible. Thus, while not proving anything, they also do not disprove anything by seeming outlandish.

Do you believe in unicorns? Because just like when it comes to god, there's plenty of myths describing them, yet there's a complete lack of evidence supporting the claim that they exist. The same goes for Santa...

We have satellite imagery of the north pole, and everywhere else for that matter. You are once again arrogantly using fallacy to promote your religion of atheism, by falsely equating children's fantasy and medieval superstition with god.

The real question for you, the atheist, thinking your beliefs are so more noble and proper than everyone else's is this -- why are you such a hateful person that you want to deny the children their belief in santa claus?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
I still say splashing hog blood is the answer for overly aggressive moslems with their "message"...what you do to Christians or Jews is your business...i dont like Holy Rollers knocking on my door...I get rid of them by inviting them in for a Quija Board session...works just like hog blood on a moslem

I don't know where you live, but I get way way way more Christian missionaries at my door than Muslims. In fact, no Muslim ever knocked on my door to convert me, whereas I had plenty of those nutcase Jehova's Witnesses or Mormons. In the end, it's a free country, and you diplay an incredible amount of bigotry by saying you'd spray blood at Muslims...you might wanna re-read the 1st amendment

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

haha yeah my brother has worked in Saudi too and his experience was pretty much the same. I've been to Turkey and I found the people there to be amoung the nicest people i've met, very friendly, always inviting you back to their houses for dinner, with no attempt at trying to convert you. There's bad people in all religions but some just focus on the negatives to support their own predudices.

Also protestants and catholics don't really get on in Ireland and Scotland so it's no surprise to me that Muslims aren't recieved to well.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Demonstrating why atheism is a religion = "strawman argument". Yep, sure thing buddy.

You haven't demonstrated it, you made a claim...a claim that's DEMONSTRABLY wrong given the very definition of "atheism".

Look around at any youtube video, any thread on here where atheists are chiming in to mock religion, such as you are doing right here and was the entire point of this thread ...

I only mock people if you demonstrate how wrong they are with FACTS, and they still continue to preach their fairy tale. In short, if you seriously claim people can survive in whales, or that a global flood happened, or that the earth is only 6k years old, I WILL mock you after showing you exactly why you're wrong.

No human can ever possibly demonstrate that there is no god. Even if every human that ever lived was wrong about god, it doesn't disprove god. Your statement is demonstrably wrong.

Again, I'm not saying there is no god...I'm just saying there's no objective evidence hinting at it. There's also no objective evidence hinting at unicorns

Evolution is a "fact" to you because it's an unquestionable tenet of your religion of atheism.

No, it's a fact because in over 150 years, no one has debunked the theory. It's fully backed up by facts and evidence, and we're actively using findings from the theory in modern science. The theory allows us to make detailed predictions in modern medicing, something that wouldn't be possible if the theory was wrong. But who cares about facts, right?

As an independent thinker who is actually objective and doesn't have an affiliation, I see it at least as likely that humans were engineered by aliens. That actually fits more of the evidence and more of the unexplained problems with pure evolution, such as a species (humans) changing its chromosome count, and having genetic sequences not found in any other known living thing. It is only mocked as "preposterous" because it is not a generally accepted dogma, like the dogma of pure creation or pure evolution.

No, people mock it because you are filling a gap in knowledge with magic or guesses. You or anyone else for that matter hasn't proven that your claims are true...whereas people have proof when it comes to evolution.

Once again insinuating the atheist fallacy "religion = blowing yourself up." See item 5 for more details.

It's an example, people believing the world is only 6k years old, or that humans can survive inside whales are other examples...

You live in a society full of people whose cultural morays, standards of behavior, laws etc. were all based in some way on christian beliefs -- fundamentally that christ is the example to live by, definitions of good and evil, and that there are ultimate consequences to evil actions on earth.

And guess what, Christians aren't the majority on this planet, and the morals and laws are different in other countries with other cultures and religions. Sure, Christianity had an impact in the west, but it's not as if we follow all Christian morals and laws. Otherwise it would be ok to kill sons for being disobedient, or slavery would be fine too, or rape, or genocide (if god does it).

Anyone of high intelligence would have moved beyond the question of the existence of god, and actually looked at the societal implications of non-belief in god being applied on the societal level in perpetuity, all standards of personal behavior being freely changeable by the society, and what kind of direction society would ultimately take. There are many ways I could show why it would be a destructive path, and the most obvious is the hateful, negative behavior of atheists themselves.

Again, morality is imposed by SOCIETY, and NOT religion

You don't? I thought you knew everything. You "know" there's no god, proving the negative in that instance. Why would you believe in an afterlife? To you we're evolved monkeys with no purpose, we're a soulless collection of neurons that foolishly imagine we actually exist. What's the scientific basis for an afterlife?

Now you're just repeating the same nonsense over and over again...the same nonsense that's been proven wrong. It's not as if atheists believe they don't have a purpose, or that religion is required to have a purpose. And of course I admit to not knowing what happens after death, no one knows...

I can believe that there are people who call themselves atheists who find some measure of happiness in the things you mentioned. However, every single self-proclaimed atheist I have ever known IRL or online has either been arrogant and hostile toward faith, deriving pleasure by attacking it (since they are jealous that others find joy in something they cannot, something they find foolish) and/or hedonistic drunks or otherwise miserable people, who are rarely lacking a negative comment about something.

That's like me saying all religious people are uneducated fools who are child molestors...just because some prominent figures in their group are

IF god doesn't exist, the only answer you have is that death is final, nothing really means anything, you and I and everyone will be forgotten, humanity itself will be forgotten and all of its accomplishments end up a burning cinder inside of our sun's ultimately ballooning photosphere (humans have already proven they are incapable and totally unworthy of surviving to create an interstellar civilization.) And you're an evolved monkey living on a planet where most of the other evolved monkeys are delusional, and the others are bitter and miserable.

I just told you that no one knows what happens after death...so why are you now saying we believe death is final??? It might be, it might not be, WE DON'T KNOW!

Or if a God does exist, he may very well be capable of anything. Thus, saying "those dumb bible stories seem outlandish" is a foolish statement. A god that could create the universe can certainly do all the miracles claimed in the bible. Thus, while not proving anything, they also do not disprove anything by seeming outlandish.

Why should I believe those stories if there's no evidence in support? That's like talking about the mating rituals of unicorns...

The real question for you, the atheist, thinking your beliefs are so more noble and proper than everyone else's is this -- why are you such a hateful person that you want to deny the children their belief in santa claus?

I don't want children to not having fun fiction that teaches them a lesson...but once they grow up, I'd like to think they stop believing in fairy tales

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You haven't demonstrated it, you made a claim...a claim that's DEMONSTRABLY wrong given the very definition of "atheism".

Showed you the difference between definition of something and its reality, you ignored it.

I only mock people if you demonstrate how wrong they are with FACTS, and they still continue to preach their fairy tale. In short, if you seriously claim people can survive in whales, or that a global flood happened, or that the earth is only 6k years old, I WILL mock you after showing you exactly why you're wrong.

You weren't there, you don't know that it didn't happen. You ignored my point about god intrinsically not fitting human definitions of what is possible.

Again, I'm not saying there is no god...I'm just saying there's no objective evidence hinting at it. There's also no objective evidence hinting at unicorns

You once again equate god with unicorns, since you have no 'argument' other than mockery.

No, it's a fact because in over 150 years, no one has debunked the theory.

I debunked pure evolution as 'fact' since it is only an (at best) incomplete theory, you ignored that also. Sensing a pattern yet?

No, people mock it because you are filling a gap in knowledge with magic or guesses.

Actually it's called deductive reasoning. Do more research into alien abductions. Or just ignore them as you do everything else that doesn't fit into your religious doctrine.

Sure, Christianity had an impact in the west, but it's not as if we follow all Christian morals and laws. Otherwise it would be ok to kill sons for being disobedient, or slavery would be fine too, or rape, or genocide (if god does it).

Totally ignoring NT scripture and what Jesus taught, again typical atheist behavior. "Religion = hate", dredge up the worst examples in scripture and imply that is representative of the religion. You know absolutely zero about Jesus or christianity if you actually believe he would condone murder, rape or genocide. As for slavery, he would have never enslaved anyone, he said we should all be servants and that there is nobility in that. It took the human race a while to figure it out. That's a flaw in the human race, not in the teaching which was ignored.

It's not as if atheists believe they don't have a purpose, or that religion is required to have a purpose. And of course I admit to not knowing what happens after death, no one knows...

Yet you "know" there is no god. Wow, you take the cake. By the way, I told you your purpose. Your purpose is what you're doing right now. Hatefully, arrogantly starting fights about religion to prove to the world that you are right.

That's like me saying all religious people are uneducated fools who are child molestors...just because some prominent figures in their group are

Falsely claiming you don't attack religion in that way then attacking religion in that way. Yawn. So pitiful.

I just told you that no one knows what happens after death...so why are you now saying we believe death is final??? It might be, it might not be, WE DON'T KNOW!

Yet you know there is no god.

Sounds like you are desperately clinging to your own unicorn fantasy there. Total disbelief in god, yet still has to believe "MAYBE my life continues, we can't be sure, I'll cling to that so I don't have to be totally depressed about life and the inescapable termination of my own existence." Where is your atheist arrogance now?

We humans aren't supposed to need unicorn and fairy beliefs in your utopian atheist fantasy world. Yet with all your screaming at others for their faith, you can't give up it up yourself... so sad.

Why should I believe those stories if there's no evidence in support?

Why should I believe in an afterlife because of some people's accounts which scientifically seem to only reflect oxygen deprivation in the brain?

I don't want children to not having fun fiction that teaches them a lesson...but once they grow up, I'd like to think they stop believing in fairy tales

What you can't comprehend in my statement is that almost all humans, including you, haven't grown up.

You have the little kids who are happy to believe in santa claus = people of faith (in this analogy)
You have the slightly older kids who mock the younger kids about their belief = bitter atheists
You have the adults who know that something being true or not true isn't the ultimate point = the very, very few enlightened people, like myself.

Maybe someday you will grow up. (not looking good though...)
edit on 21-7-2011 by Observer99 because: edit

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

i would asume they are idd coming to the west, but why?

Because the Saudi Royal Family are good buddies with the Bush, Rockefeller families and Maurice Strong.

They really do not care WHAT religion the serfs have as long as that religion hands control of the serfs over to them. Islam is an ideal religion for slavery.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Showed you the difference between definition of something and its reality, you ignored it.

So I really have to post the definitions to show everyone how wrong you are?

Atheism - a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

A LACK of belief...given that you require belief for a religion, you claiming atheism is a religion is laughable...

You weren't there, you don't know that it didn't happen. You ignored my point about god intrinsically not fitting human definitions of what is possible.

I don't have to be there to know whether something is right or wrong...just like you don't have to be physically there to know at some point some mountain tops were at the bottom of the sea. And we know for a FACT people can't survive in whales, contrary to what the bible states. The pressure would kill you, and so would the lack of water and air. In short, it's a hogwash claim that people survive inside whales

You once again equate god with unicorns, since you have no 'argument' other than mockery.

They're both based on mythology, and just like with unicorns, we have ZERO evidence that god exists. So of course I'm going to equate them. Prove me wrong, post irrefutable proof of god's existence...because only then can I stop equating him/her/it to unicorns.

I debunked pure evolution as 'fact' since it is only an (at best) incomplete theory, you ignored that also. Sensing a pattern yet?

Now you're just showing that you don't even understand what a scientific theory is. It's only a theory if it has objective evidence as back up, and NOTHING going against it. We are applying the finding in modern medicine, if you were correct, we wouldn't have a lot of the meds we use today. We can actively predict stuff based on that theory, something we couldn't do if it were wrong. So no, you didn't debunk anything, you just highlight your lack of knowledge and education in that field.

Actually it's called deductive reasoning. Do more research into alien abductions. Or just ignore them as you do everything else that doesn't fit into your religious doctrine.

I don't think you even understand what deductive reasoning means...the way you apply it, you're still filling a gap in knowledge with a guess that you don't even bother backing up with evidence

Totally ignoring NT scripture and what Jesus taught, again typical atheist behavior. "Religion = hate", dredge up the worst examples in scripture and imply that is representative of the religion. You know absolutely zero about Jesus or christianity if you actually believe he would condone murder, rape or genocide. As for slavery, he would have never enslaved anyone, he said we should all be servants and that there is nobility in that. It took the human race a while to figure it out. That's a flaw in the human race, not in the teaching which was ignored.

So in short, everything good in a religion is from god/Jesus, but everything bad is men's fault...yeah...riiiight

Convenient way of ignoring the bad stuff

Yet you "know" there is no god. Wow, you take the cake. By the way, I told you your purpose. Your purpose is what you're doing right now. Hatefully, arrogantly starting fights about religion to prove to the world that you are right.

I said there is no evidence proving he/she/it exists...stop twisting my words. And it's hilarious that you equate critical thinking with hate and arrogance

Falsely claiming you don't attack religion in that way then attacking religion in that way. Yawn. So pitiful.

You do realize that it's you who's hatefully attackign atheists, right? I'm not even attacking believers, I'm questioning their belief because it's often DEMONSTRABLY wrong...like when they claim the earth is only 6k years old. Critical thinking trumps blind belief every single time

Sounds like you are desperately clinging to your own unicorn fantasy there. Total disbelief in god, yet still has to believe "MAYBE my life continues, we can't be sure, I'll cling to that so I don't have to be totally depressed about life and the inescapable termination of my own existence." Where is your atheist arrogance now?

At least I'm humble enough to admit I don't have all the answers...whereas you pretend to have answers you can't even back up, aka making stuff up

And just to be clear, I am mocking you IF you truly belief people can survive in whales, or that humans popped up in their current form without evolution because the FACTS disagree with you. You are showing an incredible amount of ignorance and lack of knowledge. The lack of knowledge part isn't bad, it's the ignorance part, the refusal to accept FACTS if they go against your belief that's bad.

We humans aren't supposed to need unicorn and fairy beliefs in your utopian atheist fantasy world. Yet with all your screaming at others for their faith, you can't give up it up yourself... so sad.

Now I have to think you don't even know what faith means...because since atheism is defined as a lack of faith, it can't be faith. But who cares about facts, right?

Why should I believe in an afterlife because of some people's accounts which scientifically seem to only reflect oxygen deprivation in the brain?

Now you're getting it...you shouldn't believe in it. What you should do, is admit that we simply don't know, which is the truth

You have the little kids who are happy to believe in santa claus = people of faith (in this analogy)
You have the slightly older kids who mock the younger kids about their belief = bitter atheists
You have the adults who know that something being true or not true isn't the ultimate point = the very, very few enlightened people, like myself.

No, there's stuff we know (because we have evidence), and stuff we don't know. There is no crazy third category where you get to make stuff up. Well, there is, but claiming those are facts is silly. So if you come one here making crazy claims about aliens and other stuff, you better back it up with facts, otherwise all you're doing is preaching and trying to convince others of your uneducated guesses.

Why is it so hard to admit to not having all the answers? Why do you feel the need to fill gaps in knowledge with magic?
edit on 21-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join