It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flavor of Ego

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Just tell me which part of your so called self is writing.
I surely have no interest in your true identity as such....but I like to know why are you so certain about something that was obviously taking from books.

You know what I mean?
I am certain of not been certain, makes my mind grow and sometime it gos on vacation!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The ego is a bizzare thing..how many people know you can kill it and become partially "free".

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizardofthewest

You can't kill the ego...because it only exist in the mind of human.
Look at your self in the mirror and what you see is what you get...you...now and after...deal with it and stop blaming the ego...this ego guy look like the greatest vilain that never lived in the face of this world!
We human are so good to blam others.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by Wizardofthewest

You can't kill the ego...because it only exist in the mind of human.
Look at your self in the mirror and what you see is what you get...you...now and after...deal with it and stop blaming the ego...this ego guy look like the greatest vilain that never lived in the face of this world!
We human are so good to blam others.

-It doesn't only exist in the human mind. It exists in every self-aware being.
-The difference between the human ego and the other self-aware being's egos, is that we have a FALSE sense of self. Our false sense of self is develops from materialism.
-When most people look at themselves in a mirror, they are looking at their brand named clothes and their expensive accessories, then they think to themselves, "man I look good in these clothes". That is the average materialistic human's FALSE sense of self.
-When another self-aware being with a real sense of self looks in a mirror, they shout with joy, "Wow I love nature!". And then they dance with an ecstatic smile on their face.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I agree with what you have wrote but then it will make better sense to drop the word ego and replace it by persona or either further more by character.
The literature about the real self , ego, the I and so on are so confusing because authors fail in general to identify the real issue at hand when it comes to make a better man.
I once read a book about someone that had gone through before many stages before having one day seating by a bus stop the most amazing experience about what it means to be a live. The connection that he felt in that moment was behind words or any other feeling that we experience. Hence his journey to tell the world that behind the persona you find nothing...but this nothing had not the same definition then our every day life.
Any way, this for him was the pinnacle that he long starve for , it left him in peace and blissfulness .
What this book had show me is that the kingdoms of blissfulness is at hand and can be grasp only when you have drop all the knowledge that brought you here...I had my own experiences not this way but enough for me to conceder my journey meaningful.
And it goes on!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by smithjustinb

I agree with what you have wrote but then it will make better sense to drop the word ego and replace it by persona or either further more by character.
The literature about the real self , ego, the I and so on are so confusing because authors fail in general to identify the real issue at hand when it comes to make a better man.
I once read a book about someone that had gone through before many stages before having one day seating by a bus stop the most amazing experience about what it means to be a live. The connection that he felt in that moment was behind words or any other feeling that we experience. Hence his journey to tell the world that behind the persona you find nothing...but this nothing had not the same definition then our every day life.
Any way, this for him was the pinnacle that he long starve for , it left him in peace and blissfulness .
What this book had show me is that the kingdoms of blissfulness is at hand and can be grasp only when you have drop all the knowledge that brought you here...I had my own experiences not this way but enough for me to conceder my journey meaningful.
And it goes on!

Due to the fact that the acceleration of knowledge, and likely knowledge itself comes directly from materialism, I can see how letting go of knowledge altogether is the only thing standing between us and "heaven" on Earth.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Do you believe that guy who had the amazing experience by the bus stop? If so then you might believe that it also happened to me.
What happened to that guy and me just happens. There are quite a lot of people waking up now.
But to say that it happens to someone is the wrong way of putting it really, it is very, very hard to put into words.
It is like one minute there is a person there and then the person (ego) disappears. It is then realized that there is in fact no one, no people, no separate identity, no separate things at all. It is seen and known that all is one.
It just happens. Some call it awakening. When it first happens it is literally mind blowing, one man it happened to ended up in a mental intitute, because he had seen and tried telling others about it and was not comunicating it very well. His name is Peter Brown, his story regarding this is here:youtu.be...
When it happened to me i hadn't heard of awakening, enlightenment, liberation or realization, but i now know there are people actively looking for it.
It can take (it did for me) many years to intergrate it, it helped when i found others who had experienced the same, on youtube mainly. I could talk about this subject for a week non stop if anyone i knew was interested.
If you are interested check my other posts. None of them came from a book, they come through this body/mind from the source.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It is not what I believe as what I feel.
Please forgive me if what I write is not sufficient for you to grasp my word.
There is no many people that had successfully transcend what they had experienced to other. The true teaching is behind intellectualism or great feat of words, the teaching is by inspiring the soul , something that as only a certain value in your abstract mind.
Now I have heard and read tow people that I find totally transcendental to my mind.
Jill Bolte Taylor and Jeff Foster.
But for sure by all means they also remain just another story.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

They say it can not be taught and i think it is true, because when it happened to me i didn't have a clue what i had done to make it happen, but it was incredible, so incredible that i was drawn to read about many religions to find out if they made sense and like Peter Brown some did...
I remember walking along one day and i was struck by the silence, which at the time was a little confusing because i thought i can hear the traffic and all the other normal noise. Then there it was again pure silence??
It was me, the me that chattered continually in my head, it was gone.
It didn't come back for about a year. When it did (it wasn't sudden), trouble was back. Life became hard again, it had been so lovely, so peaceful, blissful. I wanted it back but i didn't know what i had done to get it and i didn't know what i had done to lose it. I was so sad, like grief.
It was Eckhart Tolle and his 'now' thing that helped me formulate it. I had already seen it so it made so much sense. Eckhart Tolle was very depressed and always full of anxiety, he one day decieded he could no longer live with himself. When he said it, he also heard it and thought, So how many am i? "I can not live with myself". The following day he woke up happy and was no longer depressed or full of anxiety. He didn't understand what had happened either and spent years trying to understand. That is his story.
Tony Parsons, Mooji, Peter Brown, Adyshanti, Jac O'Keefe, Sailor Bob Adamson, Rupert Spira. These really are top quaility awake speakers that can all be found on youtube. You might like Alan Watts too.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

What interest me there in your last post was your story.
Tow reason :
One is that you seem to have experienced the legendary silence of many ancient scripture.
The second aspect of your experience that stroke me is that you where not looking for that in the prime event. You had to read books to make sure that other before you had this experience and you where not mad!
My journey in contrary has always been a discovery, awareness was with me all the time...and many time suffering was the consequences because awareness is nonduality.
Thank you for sharing.
M.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

It is wrong to say that i experienced the silence, i am the silence and it is recognized.
The silence is the natural state of being. All things that appear to me, appear in the space that i am. Experience is what makes me aware that i am. The no thingness is never known by anyone.
Yet that is what i am. No thing.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Could you please make an exhaustive thread on Silence?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Star and Flag!

Very nice OP. The overall principle, wisdom, and understanding you have presented rings true to me. I may elaborate further, or express the concept in my own words, metaphor, or parable... but then that would be adding my own flavor of ego

Ego is needed to sustain the illusion of separation. The illusion of separation allows the infinite whole to observe and experience infinite finites.

Utilize ego for the benefit of experience, yet acknowledge the unification of One to transcend suffering, attachment, and selfishness.

Bravo my friend. May Peace be unto you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Hello Itisnowagain.
Often times the more people express their understandings, you start to get overwhelmed by their ego (pride) and even their own ignorance. I must say, the more of your posts I read, the more I enjoyed the words. People often stand so arrogantly behind their claims, rationalizations, logic, beliefs, understandings, conceptualizations, or opinions. I believe you have been enlightened, and your words are true to me through my own personal experience, not knowledge.

The dense smog of 'others' ego is irritating to my Peace. Thank you for the breath of fresh air.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you for your kind words Sahabi.
Namaste.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Everything that the ego is can be summed up in the movie, "Revolver."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join