It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Christ is a Man of Peace, not a Man of War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You misread me. Go back and read my post. The country has drifted away form the corporation benefiting the people. Instead, the people must benefit the corporation. This is not a free market. I am for free markets.

Why do you bring up hell? What comments of mine do you reference?

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
reply to post by SuperiorEd

So, the bottom line is you don't think free market capitalism is compatible with what christianity is all about?

I also need to ask you this. Do you believe in eternal damnation? Isn't hell in the bible, or do you think it's a misconception?
edit on Mon 11 Jul 11 by Jazzyguy because: addition

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Another great Ron Paul video on His faith in Christ.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

You misread me. Go back and read my post. The country has drifted away form the corporation benefiting the people. Instead, the people must benefit the corporation. This is not a free market. I am for free markets.

Okay, so you believe free market capitalism is compatible with christianity.

You believe the Heavenly Father is perfect, right, then why hell, eternal damnation, etc, or is it just misinterpretation?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

But in the video Ron Paul somehow against social welfare. He said that it's dividing the US. Errr, I don't think a real christian will say something like that. Christian won't say social welfare divide people. That's a horrible things to say. It sounds like he's making excuses about it. This is just pandering.

[and]

So, the bottom line is you don't think free market capitalism is compatible with what christianity is all about?

I also need to ask you this. Do you believe in eternal damnation? Isn't hell in the bible, or do you think it's a misconception?

Actually, there is a long history of people using the gospel to put forth Bolshevik and revolutionary ideas. So your comments, though they seem to be right-leaning, are raising a good point. We do need a modern discussion about how both Capitalists and Communists try to get rich or get power by using the gospel. Both sides are guilty.

Originally posted by filosophia
The only time Jesus used physical force was to throw the money changers out of the temple

[...]

Yes, and he used a whip like Indiana Jones. Embarrassing and painful, but not fatal.

Personally, I like Doctor Paul, hope he gets elected so we can see if he is full of shaznatt like all other politicians. Any change from house Bush-Clinton-O or their fake-bonesman-competition would be a nice refresher. But I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul becomes a weak chumpass liar like the rest of them. You expect leaders from this crowd of lobby-lickers? Nah, ain't gonna happen.

What I suggest, is that you immediately replace all members of the US Senate, and the House, with children. Yes, for this will allow the COTUS to stay in effect. We need change nothing, except to elect little kids, into these positions. Now, this may sound strange, but when you elect a child, you are also saying "We expect nothing from them, except what children are good at" meaning the delightful frame of mind and common sense that children have. In this way, you would never, like dorks, expect some leaders in House or Senate to solve your problems. That's stupid. No instead, by electing child-leaders, you will set a precedent for your nation. You would be saying "We do not ask our bodies of men to think for us, but we will accept the honest suggestions of kids whom we all love, and have elected to 'lead us'".

Yes, for Jesus said "And a little child shall lead them" so you'd basically be performing a hyperspace-size jump forward if you follow my advice above. Do not waste any more time thinking some grups can fix this mess they created. Grab your brains and your sacks, and hand the world over to the kids. That is my honest advice to all who read these words.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Chaos is the converse(opposite) of Order and inverse(perversion) of Charity.
Pride is the converse(opposite) of Charity and inverse(perversion) of Order.
OrderCharity is Life. Life is alive.

Pride is Decay unto Death by "implosion" (arrogance, greed, lust, etc).
Chaos is Decay unto Death "explosion" (ignorance, gluttony, hate, etc).

We are afforded the gift of life while in "the Void" and this perverse and self-condemned world is the result. However, this world can also be seen as the point at which Life filled up the Void and where the grace and mercy of the Eternally Existing mortifies Death and Decay. The world (read: Cosmos) is a womb and the Children of Life are soon to be welcomed into True Life.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Perhaps for another thread. Is there a comment of mine from this thread you would quote in relation? Join me in the God is Good thread if you want to be on this topic. LINK

Before you get there, please read the entire thread to avoid answering questions twice.

Another Ron Paul video. His stance on Israel.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Okay, so you believe free market capitalism is compatible with christianity.

You believe the Heavenly Father is perfect, right, then why hell, eternal damnation, etc, or is it just misinterpretation?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join