A Photo Mystery

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Okay, so Brion was there in spirit, because the love of his life was marrying someone else. THAT, I can accept and appreciate. He may have had an out of body experience of some kind, and only his soul was there...

BUT what nobody else is mentioning, at least to my knowledge, as I've not read through EVERY reply, however rude and obtuse as some of them seem to be, is the GLOWING ANGELIC BEING standing BETWEEN the two ladies in the photograph. The wings are jutting out the back, and there is a clear head and body standing there.

Perhaps that angelic being transported Brion's spirit to the event somehow. With God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
From Brion face , he looks like he has been busted by the camerman being in attendance at a wedding he knows he shouldnt be at !
Or maybe he astral travelled there !
strange

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by maceov

I know it sounds really weird but the light source definately seems "out of place" to me too, I've seen an actual picture - a polaroid too by the way - of a "Guardian angel" before - I was a little weird kid at the time and my dad was a sunday school teacher, and one day we got talking about angels in sunday school or something and this old lady starts telling us she has a picture of a guardian angel. Of course none of us believed her, so what happens? She opens up her purse and pulls out this picture then tells us the story of what happened. It's been like 20+ years but I still remember the basic idea - her Dad was busy working on their roof one summer, and for some reason she was really scared her Dad was going to fall and get really hurt, if not die. So, as she told us, she prayed for God to "watch over her father and keep him safe" then at some point during the day, she took a picture of him either going up or coming down the ladder. The really weird thing about it, is that in this polaroid picture she took, there's this strange hooded white figure that looks like a man about 6 feet tall standing directly in front of the ladder - but what's even more strange is you can see the ladder through its body.

I have no idea who the woman was, or where that polaroid got to, but it was crazy enough for me to still remember it this many years later.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Thank you so very much for sharing this story, Time2Think!

I get so tired of the nay-sayers and poo-poo'ers here on this site.

Everyone has got to tear someone down or apart in order to feel good about themselves, it seems.

What a shame!

But in the last days, the love of many shall wax cold. We are quite definitely IN those last days... as we are once more in the DAYS OF NOAH.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX

Originally posted by chrismir

Indeed there's something fishy going on at the top of the picture. At the ceiling, from the back wall to the top of the picture there's four lines. The two most left and the right one are visible all the way to the top of the picture. The second line from the right does not, just as the chandelier chains abruptly are cutoff for no obvious reason. Overexposure, as elevenaugust suggested for that spot, would have been more gradient like.

I assumed that to be the result of the extremely bright light from the doorway. It looks like the room was rather dark, and it was really sunny outside (maybe even an hour or so from sunset, so the angle of the light made the light shining into the room more extremely bright compared to the rest of the room). While considering an object cutting off the sunlight at different angles, one could see how the light might appear like it is in the picture.

Here's the deal. You see that dark strip on the ceiling running left to right? Those are lights. Typical drop ceiling fluorescent lights. They're not turned on, but their plastic cover reflects light, just like the one at the very top of the page is doing. It's reflecting the light off the back wall which is created by the open door to the parking lot (situated at the end of one of the two long walls by the doorway to the bar area) that been described. This light is clearly shown casting along the floor (as pointed out by elevenaugust).

At the ceiling along the back wall you will notice two spot lights pointing towards the wall. The one on the left is pointing directly at the bright light on the wall. As also mentioned, a band was eventually set up in this exact location. This light is more than likely nothing more than stage lighting.

As for the chandelier, refer back to the light panels in the ceiling. The location of this chandelier is inconsistent with perspective of this room as it falls behind these lights and appears to disappear into the ceiling. Again, please post another photo from this event where this light is shown. That chandelier looks very out of place.

Finally, if this is a picture of Cindy and her sister at their brother's (John's) wedding to which Jeff was the best man, then why did Jeff have this picture? Wouldn't John have it. Why would Jeff have an old picture of his brother's wife. You said John's got the negatives, so why did he give this picture to Jeff? If he made a duplicate, he would have given it to Brion or Cindy instead. Something isn't adding up.

Regardless, if this is true, and the negative does exist and Brion is shown in it, then case closed. He was there.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Cool story, unfortunately nothing can be said of the circumstances because it cannot be validated and only open for speculation.
What I can say is the light is sourced from the right, either a door or _ The over exposure has cut off the ceiling light, given that the center light is powerful enough to reflect on the roof and floor. There is nothing supernatural above the light! Nor does it appeared manipulated. If you want my opinion I'd say this is a different event from the wedding, perhaps a party or dance.
Also there is four people in this photo. A bit of hair and nose in the far right.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Perhaps this could explain your mysterious photograph - ever heard of Ted Serios's "Thoughtographs?"

en.wikipedia.org...

I saw this photo show at; The Albin O. Kuhn Library Gallery presents Psychic Projections/Photographic Impressions: Paranormal Photographs from the Jule Eisenbud Collection on Ted Serios. For several years in the 1960s psychiatrist Dr. Jule Eisenbud, a faculty member at the University of Denver, conducted experiments with Ted Serios, a Chicago man who possessed an apparent ability to place images from his mind onto Polaroid material using psychic energy. Over the course of these experimental sessions Serios produced a vast body of photographs, or “thoughtographs,” that continue to baffle researchers and critics to this day.

Pretty amazing stuff.
edit on 12-7-2011 by DancingEagle because: Left out Ted's name in the intro.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Years ago, while I was on the phone with my girlfriend at the time, she was called by a friend of hers. I eventually hung up and she said as she was talking to her friend, a girl called him claiming to be her. She hung up not knowing anything that was going on. Things got weird. Her friend three-way called her so that she could hear the mystery girl who claimed to be her. She said that the girl sounded just like herself and was crying. She was crying about something dealing with me and Christmas. The phone call ended on my girlfriend's end and she called me back. She was scared to death. Me and her was in a horrible car crash 2 years later in December. I don't know if that had anything to do with that phone call but who knows. We are no longer together now but I think we were definitely destined to meet.

My opinion is that there might be parallel dimensions that bleed into ours sometimes and that phones, recorders and cameras are able to rarely capture those moments. I have heard of other phone calls like the one I just wrote about. I'm assuming that your brother appearing in that photo when he wasn't there has something to do with whatever caused that as well. I think we're all destined to end up in certain places in life. But I think that there are many different ways of getting to those certain places and that is why some strange things occur, especially when you're dealing with emotional events.

(edit) The more I think about your picture, the more I think something else was going on. Mostly because he's not wearing what everyone else was wearing. If there are other dimensions where he was actually there, wouldn't he have been wearing proper clothing for that event? The mystery thickens for me. Interesting story and picture
edit on 12-7-2011 by B0Bthrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DancingEagle

Well I guess you never continued to read the full page you linked.
Sceptical criticisms

James Randi, stage magician and noted scientific sceptic, took an interest in investigating Serios. Randi comments: "If Mr. Serios did not use a trick method, all the rules of physics, particularly of optics, everything developed by science over the past several centuries, must be rewritten to accommodate Eisenbud's opinion. No such revisions have been found necessary."[6] Though he produced photographs similar to Serios's, Randi refused Eisenbud's request to perform the trick with the same degree of blood alcohol that Serios had when producing his photographs and wearing a rubber suit.[7] Stephen Braude claims that Randi reneged on an agreement to perform the trick because he was incapable of it, claiming that Serios could also project images when he was several metres from the camera[8]. Randi made it clear that he would not try to repeat "an anecdotal performance", while noting that he "effectively replicated the basic Serios trick on a live TV show in New York with Serios and Eisenbud present."[9]

Charlie Reynolds and David Eisendrath, both amateur magicians and professional photographers, claimed exposed Serios as a fraud after spending a weekend with him and Eisenbud[citation needed]. Reynolds and Eisendrath spotted[citation needed] Serios slipping something into the tube that Serios claimed he needed to help him concentrate. They surmised this was a picture of something that the camera would take an image of, but which Serios would claim came from his mind rather than his hand. The exposé appeared in the October 1967 issue of Popular Photography. Serios's psychokinetic powers began to fade after this exposure.[10]

In an article in New Scientist titled "The Chance of a Lifetime" (24 March 2007), an interview appears with the noted mathematician and magician Persi Diaconis. During the interview Persi mentioned that Martin Gardner had paid him to watch Ted Serios perform, during which Persi claimed that he caught Serios sneaking a small marble with a photograph on it into the little tube attached to the front of the camera he used. "It was," Persi said, "a trick."

en.wikipedia.org...

Great story OP

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Awesome thread, great story. I have no answer for this one.

But the ray of light I do think is sunlight coming from a cracked door on the left. There is a table to the left of the woman on the left you can see, perhaps there is one more table next to that one hidden behind the woman on the left, and thats creating the cutting edge appearance of the bright light when it hits the wall?

The only anomily I see in the photo is Cindy's right thumb. You can see the small white nails on all the other fingers but on her thumb it looks like her thumb (or the color of her thumb) extends past the white nail? There is some odd coloring issue there. Or possibly she is wearing a bandaid under her right eye, doubtful, but I dunno

Does anyone else see what I'm talking about?

Really though that's just grasping at straws as it's only a minor anomoly, that can probably be easily explained. I could probably be looking at the angle of her thumb incorrectly as well? dunno.

But anyways, great thread. I usually don't buy any doppleganger, astral projection, or paranormal stuff, but this photo and the look on Brions face it all just seems troubling when you first look at it, before even hearing the details..., something about it seems off. This one has me stumped.

By the way, sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I don't know if someone already posted this, but you need to get your hand on the actual negative.

Otherwise you should talk to the quantum physicists. In a documentary called What the bleep do we know, I heard some scientists talk about how they saw the same object at two different places at the same time.

The thing with camera's is that they are 100% reliable. If there was no manipulation, then what is seen on the image was there in front of the lens in physical form. The camera does not filter, invent or hallucinate like we do. It sees and captures what is there.

So either your brother was there, either he was at two places at the same same time or either this photo is fake. I see not other possibilities.

Energy is matter. Matter is energy. Everything is energy. That should make thoughts matter as well? Maybe thoughts can materialize? It's a wild thought I know.

As I like to say, "Matter is Merely Materialized Thought...So What Are You Thinking?" Many people have asked me what that means, so here's an explanation... ..... Here's the short no too scientific explanation: Everything we see on any given day is made up of not just cells or atoms but, of PURE ENERGY.
ezinearticles.com...

edit on 12-7-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-7-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I couldn't agree more!
Love is the energy, the love of your brother for Cindy, if the picture is real and so far there are no reasons to doubt the sincerity of the OP.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm a little skeptical. The girl on the right of the image looks "cut out" to me - if you look how clean the outline of her hair is against the background. Also, our mystery man in the background looks a little too staged - with the haunted look and an air of "I'm mysterious and not meant to be here!"
Of course, I'm in no way an expert in the field of photo manipulation.....I'm just going on my gut feeling.

I look forward to seeing how this thread progresses

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
OK , finding the negative pretty much kills my best sherlockian theory of Brion being a prankster here , and so Im back to being baffled. It also seems unlikely to me that a camera would capture an astral projection or bilocation so well and solid.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This post has really amazed me and thank you for the mystery. One question please and its probably not the time to ask your brother but do you know if he was under severe stress or contemplating doing himself harm? Was he aware of this wedding and the exact time of the reception? This is very freaky and you do sound very genuine. Good luck with your efforts and condolences to you and your family on the loss of your brother

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The original roll should be completely examined, to see if any immediate "before" or "after" shots are of Brion in that casual flannel garb, maybe from a completely different situation. Then the whole thing could just be a freakish double exposure. The key is in that original roll of film. Normally, when cheap cameras double-expose, there are more than one double exposures on the roll, and sometimes the photoshop doesn't even bother to develop them. Are there any "black" frames in that roll at all?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So you are from Mass check out the story of the Tomato Farmer from Warren. His name was Frenchy Therault. I know police officers and EMS personnel that have dealt with him.. On more then one occasion the Police would be dispatched to his farm for some kind of raucous. The odd thing is the dispatched officer just saw him in town 2 min prior to the call. Odd stuff... Doppelgangers.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The guy in the background is pretty out of focus. Perhaps he is simply someone who was at the party that had a vague resemblance to your brother......and when viewed out of focus, the resemblance becomes stronger. In other words it's just a guy with a beard that kind of looks like your brother when viewed out of focus.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i dont know if anyone has brought this up yet i havnt got timeto read all the comments but have you tryed looking up doppelgangers.
ive never heard of one being found on a photo but it might explain everything.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
i dont know if anyone has brought this up yet i havnt got timeto read all the comments but have you tryed looking up doppelgangers.
ive never heard of one being found on a photo but it might explain everything.

Yes, that's been explored already. No hard conclusions have been decided conceerning that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join