It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Photo Mystery

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
Why don't you ask Cindy if she knows who took the photograph. Then you can show the picture to the person who took it and ask if they remember if your brother was there.

She can't remember. I think it must've been someone from the immediate family, though, since the bride and groom were able to get the roll from the person with the camera. I wasn't there, so I don't know how many cameras were floating around at the time. A lot of times, there will be several cheap cameras on a table, and anyone is welcome to grab on and shoot a photo, then set it back for someone else to grab and take a shot. Its a good way to see the event from many points of view.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
The ghostly face on the right of the flag looks like smiling for the photo too. What about the camera used, do you have it now?

Do your brother recognized the clothes his image wears in the photo ?

Hell, I recognize the shirt he's wearing. He and I spent a lot of time working together on a variety of projects during that period, and that shirt was a go-to standard. That and a t-shirt most of the time. Most guys have a favorite flannel. That blue one was his favorite for years.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

What did you mean by this?

Frank was (and still is) an extremely dangerous individual. Big on guns and creating corpses

Creating dead bodies? He's a murderer?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX

Originally posted by chrismir

Indeed there's something fishy going on at the top of the picture. At the ceiling, from the back wall to the top of the picture there's four lines. The two most left and the right one are visible all the way to the top of the picture. The second line from the right does not, just as the chandelier chains abruptly are cutoff for no obvious reason. Overexposure, as elevenaugust suggested for that spot, would have been more gradient like.

I assumed that to be the result of the extremely bright light from the doorway. It looks like the room was rather dark, and it was really sunny outside (maybe even an hour or so from sunset, so the angle of the light made the light shining into the room more extremely bright compared to the rest of the room). While considering an object cutting off the sunlight at different angles, one could see how the light might appear like it is in the picture.

I don't know. The bright thing seems too defined as a shape. A light casting in from an open doorway would lay across te floor and then up the back wall. This thing seems to be "standing" in the middle of the space between the girls and the back wall. It's straight up, and not cast across anything. No shadowed creases suggesting that something is there and being illuminated by a sunny day blasting in through an open door. Also, the sunlight (if that's sunlight) wouldn't be so extreme in its detail within an open space. It would spread out. That's what photons do. They don't stop and collect within the center of the room.

Again, it's not as if I've never seen sunlight casting into an open room before. I've seen sunlight coming through an open door, and showing up in a photograph.

Then there's the issue of my brother being in the shot, when by all accounts, he simply wasn't there.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

What did you mean by this?

Frank was (and still is) an extremely dangerous individual. Big on guns and creating corpses

Creating dead bodies? He's a murderer?

That was the suggestion. Yes. It's not a secret in that region.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

So why wasn't the law ever called on him and brought to justice?

The photo doesn't look doctored to me. I believe thing's can appear in a photo that has no logical explanation. My family has had one odd photo from a Polaroid.
edit on 12-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

The expression on his face is very strange. When I was reading your thread I at first thought that this was your youngest brother whom had died - just on Brion's expression alone.

Once again, look at his face. He looks like he sees a gun, I must say. Heh.

That look is very disturbing. I've seen that look on him at various times, and that's why I know it's him. If I am there when he finally dies, and if it's a bad surprise type of death, then that'll be the look on his face before he drops. It's a very specific look that I've seen before as a really bad thing is suddenly becoming clear to him.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatmandy
where are your brothers legs? Im pretty sure given the height of a torso and the position he is standing there should be more leg seen under Cindy's right arm.

I think she's cradling a purse in that photo.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cfnyaami

Did your brother who passed away look like Brion? Maybe it's he who's in the photo...or someone who's a doppleganger...

Jeff looks much more angular than Brion. Besides, in all the other reception photos Jeff's in a light gray tuxedo. He was John's best man. No one at this event was in a flannel shirt. Every guy had at least a tie and jacket.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Are you 110% sure this is at the VFW hall and taken at that time. Do the woman in the photo have the exact same clothes on in the other photos taken at this event?

There are dozens and dozens of shots (professional and casual) from the same event. This was John's wedding.

The hall would have changed a lot since then so going back there is out. Can you get photos from other people that were taken at the VFW at this time and this event and other events at the VFW hall around this time. If so try and find other photos that match the back wall and ceiling. The flag will be a good center reference point. I am trying to remove all question of the exact location and time frame of the photo. And this may help explain the odd lighting if the same is seen in other photos.

It's the same VFW hall. I was there just a few weeks ago and that paneling is still there. The flag isn't there, but there are only two long walls like that in the whole place, and they face each other. Just a big, open rectangular room, with a big kitchen through two doors at one end, and the door to the place (from the bar area) at te other end. There's a door to the parking lot along one of the long walls, but at the end of the room where the door to the bar area is located. No doors or windows in the center area of the room. I'm guessing that the flag was posted in the center of that back wall, but I'd be guessing.

I do not think it is a 'look-a-like" for they would have been shoot by mistake. You got a real good mystery on your hands there.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I had a very similar experience to this at the end of the eighties, regarding a lookalike, doppelganger photo.

In the middle eighties I used to live in an area called the Black Country in the West Midlands, UK. That particular area is called the Black Country because that is where a great deal of the industrial revolution began, therefore loads of smog and soot is from where the area got it's name.

In the eighties between 1984 and 1987 I used to play in a band, all the members of the band used to perform wearing 1920's and 1930's clothing, I was the only member of the band who used to wear a bowler hat. I am instantly recognisable, not because of my bowler hat, but because of my build, face etc. For those people out there who know what a person with Acromegaly looks like and their characteristics, then you will know what I am talking about, we are normally sighted and whispered about within seconds of getting on a bus or entering a room, that's how much we stand out.

Anyway, in the Black Country area there is a weekly paper called The Black Country Bugle. The Black Country Bugle is a weekly paper that looks at years gone by in history from around the local area. Every week there are old black and white photographs that people send into the paper to be published along with a particular story to run alongside it. On this particular week in about 1986 there was a photo published on the front cover of the BCB that was taken in 1919. The photo was of a cricket match that was taken alongside a band stand where a band were sitting with their brass instruments and people standing around watching the game of cricket.

But this is where the photo became interesting....Slap bang in the centre of the photo, and looking straight into the lens of the camera and smiling, was me. When I say it was me, it really was the spit of me. I was dressed in the clothes of the day and was wearing a bowler hat, the person had my face, my stature and even stood in the same way as what I do.

I wasn't even aware of this photo being published until I got a phone call from a friend asking me how I managed to be part of photograph from 1919 and wearing the clothes that I was wearing and performing in as part of my band attire. People I bumped into over the next few weeks kept commenting how they had seen me on the front of the newspaper and asking if it really was me. To this day I still do not know who that person was and why they looked like me. I still have the paper clipping in my mothers loft in England somewhere. I now live in Australia, but when I get the chance I will try and get the photo from 1919 and post it alongside a band picture of me from 1986, the resemblance is totally uncanny.....

I actually remember the next band rehearsal we had after the photo was in the BCB. We all sat round staring at it in amazement, not really knowing how it was possible......

That's pretty remarkable. I have tried to imagine this being someone else, but I'm just not able to get there. The look on his face is very specific, and the image isn't that recessed in the photo. It's pretty clear, and if presented as evidence in a criminal trial, it would be extremely compelling as proof that he was at this event.

That must've been quite a shock to see yourself in a 1919 photo. I would've definitely saved a copy of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I'm confused. Why is this picture such a big deal? Are you trying to say that he was there in the picture but not really there?

Is he dead or dead when the picture was taken?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Just curious, but why do Brion and Frank hate each other?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Put simply OP, if your sure that's definitely your brother in the photograph then he was there. I can't think of any other logical reason....

P.S. Cindy is hot!
edit on 12/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

She's been reading this thread. She probably smiled at that.

I'm really trying to understand this thing from the same hyper-logical standpoint that I take whenever dealing with this sort of thing. In my understanding of full blown, detailed appartitions, the perceiver's own brain is the actual source of the manifestation. It exists within the mind of the perceiver, and is supplied by their own memory - even though the image is manipulated by an external information source. In the case of an environmentally located spectral manifestation, the image isn't clearly defined, since the external information source is required to manipulate whatever is available (photons, vapor particles, dust, ect ) and it's no small feat to even get that together with any semblance of form or clarity. Forget the full-color version.

I'm really at a loss on this image, since it's the camera that recorded it. I can pretty much explain just about any other kind of visual manifestation, but this image has me stumped.
edit on 7/12/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Bilocation could be the explanation.

Bilocation can be defined as the simultaneous presence of a person in two different places. Numerous witnesses connected to the Christian religious tradition have reported events of bilocation, which have been attributed to many Saints. Padre Pio had this charisma and had been seen by eyewitnesses in different places at the same time. Here are several testimonials.

www.padrepio.catholicwebservices.com...

I'm thinking that this is where Brion's starting to go with this. He's an Evangelical, and is starting to think in that special Evangelical miracle way of thinking.

Me, not so much. I refuse to believe in miracles. I'll only accept a reasonable explanation, and as of yet, I'm still looking. However, I am willing to admit that we humans haven't got all the information about reality yet. Still, the answer has to make complete sense with what we already know to be true.

"No anomalies" is my credo.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

So why wasn't the law ever called on him and brought to justice?

It's complicated. I'm probably not going to get into all of that here.

The photo doesn't look doctored to me. I believe thing's can appear in a photo that has no logical explanation. My family has had one odd photo from a Polaroid.
edit on 12-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

I wish it was a Polaroid. You can't screw with them at all. Still, the negative was found last night, and it contains all the images in the shot.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If this is actually true, and not some game you're playing out of boredom, the only thing I can think of is that there was another person standing behind the waving woman in the photo, perhaps this "frank" guy, or whoever else, and that somehow your brother's "soul" was there momentarily - sort of like a remote viewing type of thing. I personally know very little about remote viewing, and the only reason this is even crossing my mind at all is because of a really messed up episode of Stargate Universe (yea I know, whatever) where the people on the ship in outerspace are able to "possess" other individuals here on Earth, so that they can check up on them and see how things are going - that type of thing. If that idea doesn't work for you at all then who knows, it could be anything. From the story you were telling it seems like a pretty significant date in the lives of your brother and his girlfriend / now wife; perhaps because of this it created a type of "slip" into another dimension, you seem extremely focused on the idea that if your brother would have been there at the wedding he would have been shot - perhaps in an alternate reality, he was and did, but because of your other brother passing, a "hole" was created - for lack of a better explanation. One other question for you because honestly your story itself is sort of hard to follow, you have like 5 or 6 different people invovled and 2 or 3 different stories occuring during the same period of time - your brothers weren't twins were they?

edit on 12-7-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Just curious, but why do Brion and Frank hate each other?

That pretty girl on the right....

That can happen between guys. We all grew up within the same three or four miles, so even wars between those of us with wars between each other can be pretty complex arrangements. When viewed from the outside, it can seem pretty odd how friends of each can be friends with each other, even as the two guys would kill each other on sight. We were all raised by a village, and while that had its difficulties, if one of us shows up unexpectedly, there are dozens of open homes to go to, even after so many years away. We're all an extended family to each other. Even the jerks are our brothers and sisters when the issues are finally worked out.

Brion and Frank have renewed their feud recently. Again, that same woman. I find it to be kind of nostalgic, in a way.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
One other question for you because honestly your story itself is sort of hard to follow, you have like 5 or 6 different people invovled and 2 or 3 different stories occuring during the same period of time - your brothers weren't twins were they?

edit on 12-7-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

No, they aren't twins, but they did hang out together as kids and teenagers due to being close in age.

The story is

• Jeff died suddenly a few weeks ago
  • I went to GA to retrieve his personal belongings and brought them to Brion
  • Brion has been scanning and posting some of the old photos that Jeff had on Facebook
  • This photo is from John's wedding in 1985
  • Brion wasn't at the wedding, but there he is in the photo
  • Frank (Cindy at-the-time husband) is why Brion wasn't there
  • No one can explain why Brion is in this photo

That pretty much explains it. I have no idea why Brion's in this photo.
edit on 7/12/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Does anyone know the reason for Jeff's unexpected death? Please don't get upset at me for asking, if it's not a good question then don't bother to respond. I'm personally going through brain cancer right now and it drives me freaking nuts when people start asking me all kinds of inconsiderate questions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join