A Photo Mystery

page: 3
34
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have experienced two seperate incidents in my life where I was seen in a location by others when I remember very clearly being somewhere else.

In one of these a university friend turned to see me sitting on a chair in his room when closing his _ When he turned around again I was no longer there. Strange as at the time (he came to my room to ask me why I had been in his room five minutes later) I was in my own room studying and at no point went to his room! Just wondering if this is a similar experience...




posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
So, no one's ever heard of this sort of thing happening then?

Well, not exactly this way.
I saw several stunning double exposure shoots taken with digital cameras, but this one is an interesting mystery and do not seems to be a double exposure shoot.
I can be wrong, anyway and that's why I would like to do some further research, but for doing so I need the exact camera model name that was used, could it be possible for you to find it?

Thanks!



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by NorEaster
 


Thanks for posting the pic & story NorEaster, I love a good mystery! I have some questions, if you can answer them.

Do you know if anything odd/unusual happened to Cindy in the days after this wedding?


I just talked with her on the phone, and I have new information. Nothing unusual happened to her during or after that photo was taken.

*update* Brion and Cindy brought the photo to her brother's (John) house last night, and he got out the wedding album to check if Brion showed up in any other photo of the wedding and reception. There are dozens of photos (professional and personal) in that album, and Brion's not in any other photo (whereas all the other guests are littered throughout the entire album in redundancy). There are even those photos of all the guys gathered as a group - and brion's not in those photos, which he would've been if he'd actually been there.


Do you know the location the photo was taken (church, community center...)?


The VFW hall. By the way, this is the same place that they held my other brother's after-funeral gathering, and there aren't any windows in that function room. That's potentially significant, given the sunlight on the back wall in that odd picture where Brion appears. Not exactly sure what to think of that just yet.



Would that have been normal dress for your brother at the time?

Thanks!
OiO
edit on 11-7-2011 by OneisOne because: derr... TYPO!


That was his after-work style of dress. He was deep into the mid-80s high-tech corporate world at the time, and was still fighting to retain his 70s image with the hair and the flannels and such. The appearance is definitely from that specific time-frame.
edit on 7/11/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by NorEaster
So, no one's ever heard of this sort of thing happening then?

Well, not exactly this way.
I saw several stunning double exposure shoots taken with digital cameras, but this one is an interesting mystery and do not seems to be a double exposure shoot.
I can be wrong, anyway and that's why I would like to do some further research, but for doing so I need the exact camera model name that was used, could it be possible for you to find it?

Thanks!


I don't know. It would've been a cheapo Kodak snapshot camera. One of those cartridge film types. I'll see what I can find out.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smasher2011
I have experienced two seperate incidents in my life where I was seen in a location by others when I remember very clearly being somewhere else.

In one of these a university friend turned to see me sitting on a chair in his room when closing his _ When he turned around again I was no longer there. Strange as at the time (he came to my room to ask me why I had been in his room five minutes later) I was in my own room studying and at no point went to his room! Just wondering if this is a similar experience...


I guess it'd be similar. I've always assumed that such manifestations occurred within the optical system of the viewer, and not within the actual physical environment itself. Like planting a hallucination within the mind of the person who experiences the apparition. That a camera "saw" this one involving a living person is a new one on me.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That shining thing in the middle doesn't make any sense either. My brother pointed it out to me when I called him a little bit ago. It has a definite "shape" to it, and that room doesn't have a skylight or any windows. It's obviously not a flash against the back wall, since it isn't even vaguely symetrical in shape.

This photo's getting weirder as it gets examined.



It's really starting to bother my brother. He's eager to believe in impossible things happening, but this one involves him, so he's pretty rattled by it.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster
 


Thanks for the additional info!

The reason I asked about odd events is there is such a thing called "Doppelganger Haunting". Normally it involves the person seeing a copy of themselves just before a tragedy happens, however it does happen that others see the Doppelganger before the event, sort of like an omen. I was just wondering if maybe, because of his strong connection to Cindy and her then situation, that maybe he appeared in the photo as a warning.

As for the location. I have visited a haunted location several times & the people that manage it have a problem with Doggelgangers. Part-time employees are seen around the building when they are really 30+ miles away at the time. Other times they have seen each other on the security cameras in one location of the building, only to see them at another location a few seconds later.

The new info about the light in the background is interesting! could be you have a true paranormal picture, but the problem there is you will never get a "real" answer for something that science says doesn't exist.


OiO



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by NorEaster
 


Thanks for the additional info!

The reason I asked about odd events is there is such a thing called "Doppelganger Haunting". Normally it involves the person seeing a copy of themselves just before a tragedy happens, however it does happen that others see the Doppelganger before the event, sort of like an omen. I was just wondering if maybe, because of his strong connection to Cindy and her then situation, that maybe he appeared in the photo as a warning.

As for the location. I have visited a haunted location several times & the people that manage it have a problem with Doggelgangers. Part-time employees are seen around the building when they are really 30+ miles away at the time. Other times they have seen each other on the security cameras in one location of the building, only to see them at another location a few seconds later.


I have heard of this sort of thing, but not of the security camera documentation. That's very helpful information. The look on his face is very troubled (I know that look real well), and that's got both him and me a bit spooked.


The new info about the light in the background is interesting! could be you have a true paranormal picture, but the problem there is you will never get a "real" answer for something that science says doesn't exist.


OiO


I really didn't even notice it at first. It's a pretty odd shape, and it definitely has its own luminescence. Brion's going to try and get the negative this evening, so we can have it examined by a professional. John believes that he might have the original roll that the photo came from.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Is it possible to see a photo of your brother during this time period, other than this one to get a comparison?



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennedy13
Is it possible to see a photo of your brother during this time period, other than this one to get a comparison?


I have this one from that general time period. I think this was taken at my brother Jeff's wedding.



edit on 7/11/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If as you say your brother was not there, and from the new photo it certainly looks like the same person,
then this is a cool story.
Sorry, nothing useful to add at all. Other than having heard similar stories of Dopplegangers, which have already been mentioned, Have never come across a story like this one.
Wierd that theres no windows in that room



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
OK, I took a second closer look at this photo:



The central bright light is probably caused by a slightly opened door to the outside on a sunny day



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Though I don't really believe in it, google the word "doppleganger"....you might find it interesting.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne
 


Have you seen these security videos? I am curious to see them, link maybe?



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
That shining thing in the middle doesn't make any sense either. My brother pointed it out to me when I called him a little bit ago. It has a definite "shape" to it, and that room doesn't have a skylight or any windows. It's obviously not a flash against the back wall, since it isn't even vaguely symetrical in shape.

This photo's getting weirder as it gets examined.



It's really starting to bother my brother. He's eager to believe in impossible things happening, but this one involves him, so he's pretty rattled by it.


Sorry, I hit reply too quickly

Is you're brother Brion much of a prankster, because I'm starting to think that he's seriously screwing with you.

A closer look at the pic shows something very interesting about the light at the top of the photo. It seems to be cut off at the reflection on the ceiling. The reflection appears in front of the hanging light. That tells me it's been manipulated. Look at the other photos and see if this chandelier appears in any other photo.

That vertical light on the back wall is the result of a light source off to the left and behind the photographer. Possible an open door. Also, see if anyone remembers there being a movie projection at the event. The "box" portion of the light looks as though it may be just that, concidering the rounded corners.

I know you said you saw the photo first hand, but it's not that hard to fix a photo and print it out on some old photo paper, a few scans and reprints latter and you have a pretty authentic looking old photo with no traces of manipulation.

Did you pull the photo out of the box or did your brother? Who saw it first? Also, we're talking about the 1980's so this is 35mm film, find the negatives.
edit on 7/11/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)
edit on 7/11/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is interesting. I've heard of ghost photos but not when the person is still living...

... and sorry but the PR part of me needs to know if you got the permission of all parties in the photo before you posted



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why don't you ask Cindy if she knows who took the photograph. Then you can show the picture to the person who took it and ask if they remember if your brother was there.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting. I have never heard of living people showing up in photos that they were not actually there to be in. If you believe in the possibility of parallel dimensions and the like, he could have very well blended into this dimension and into the photograph. Not saying that this is what happened, but just throwing theories out there.

This is strange.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's more than likely not your brother. I know you're convinced that it is, but it's a blurry photo and it's from 25 years ago. Since you know for sure when the photo was taken and you also know for sure that your brother was not there, then you need to look for the next reasonable answer, and that is that it is not your brother. Heck, that guy looks like a few people I knew back then, but I doubt it's any of them either.



posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here ya go! Like I said I don't believe in it, but many do....

www.wisegeek.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7/11/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
34
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join