It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Photo Mystery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm usually pretty good at debunking things, but my brother (Brion) just sent me a 26 yr old photo that has me stumped. Recently, my youngest brother (Jeff) died suddenly, leaving an efficiency apartment full of stuff that I had to travel to GA to rescue and bring to Brion to go through and make sense of. The process advanced to boxes of old photos this weekend, and one of the pictures stood out as being literally impossible to have been taken. Here is the photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ff49725f9f3.jpg[/atsimg]

No big deal, if you don't know the circumstances. Completely impossible if you do know them. The young woman on the right (the one waving at the camera) is named Cindy. Behind her is my brother Brion, standing there and staring at the camera, wearing a flannel shirt. Cindy and Brion were teenage "sweethearts" and now have gotten back together again after over 30 years. Okay, that's romantic and all, but here's what's odd about the picture.

The event is Cindy's brother's wedding (1985), and at that period of time, Cindy was married to a guy named Frank. Frank was (and still is) an extremely dangerous individual. Big on guns and creating corpses and keeping on the street by ratting out guys that were (are) even worse than he was (and still is). At that exact point in time, Frank was still looking for Brion to turn him into a corpse (they'd gone against each other over Cindy a half-dozen years before, and they have hated each other ever since) Brion ended up leaving the area and marrying another woman, and starting his life over in another region of the country. He never got over that loss, but he had to suck it up and move on.

Happily, Frank's lost a lot of his capacity since 1985, and he's easily managed now days. In 2009, Brion and Cindy got back together again, and even now if Frank could, he'd kill Brion. The guy never let go of his hatred, and we still keep Frank under threat of extreme retaliation if he even breathes wrong. To say that Brion could not have actually been at that wedding reception, is to state the obvious. Both Brion and Cindy agree that he wasn't and couldn't have been there.

What adds to the credibility of that statement is the fact that Brion's not properly dressed for a wedding reception. He's in flannels, and everyone else in every photo at this event (there are other photos) is wearing suits, gowns and tuxedos. Brion would've stuck put like a sore thumb with that outfit on.

So, how the hell did this happen?

That's a direct scan of a Kodak point and shoot camera. I've seen the actual photo itself, and it's old. That is definitely my brother standing in the background. It's a mystery.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why don't you just ask Brion why he was there?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wedding Crasher! And FYI I've been to a few hillbilly weddings where flannel and/or camouflage were acceptable articles of clothing. Anyhow I guess the whole thing depends on the story. Not sure how to prove or disprove.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Why don't you just ask Brion why he was there?

He wasn't there. He's the one who sent me the photo. We're all puzzled.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Wedding Crasher! And FYI I've been to a few hillbilly weddings where flannel and/or camouflage were acceptable articles of clothing. Anyhow I guess the whole thing depends on the story. Not sure how to prove or disprove.

I was in Boston at this time,and Brion was in Lowell, MA. Nowhere near where this wedding occurred.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Clearly he was there...

Can you post up the other photos?

edit on 11/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Clearly he was there...

According to this photo....I guess so. The police blotter for that day didn't register his attendance though. There would've been a big blip on that listing if he had been there. At least a shooting. At the very least.

Believe me, it wouldn't be a mystery if this photo made any sense with the circumstances surrounding this event. I'm going to assume that I explained why in my opening post.
edit on 7/11/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

They're just photos of the wedding party and the cake cutting and other crap like that. Nothing that explains anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Didn't read the whole thread. Posting fail and apologies to the OP.
edit on 7/11/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Are you sure he wasn't just stoned out of his mind when the picture was taken and he forgot all about that night?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

This isn't even a good mystery. It's sunlight on the wall. You can see the trail of it leading from left to right onto the wall.

What sunlight?

I'm talking about the guy with the beard and glasses standing behind the waving blonde chick. That's the person that couldn't have been there.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
Are you sure he wasn't just stoned out of his mind when the picture was taken and he forgot all about that night?

I think I made it clear that Frank was actively trying to kill Brion when this photo was taken. Frank was Cindy's husband at that moment in time, and he was at this wedding. If Brion was stoned, and wandered into this reception, he'd have had a very short evening of it. Very short.

He sure as hell wouldn't be alive to wonder about why he's in that photo today.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I think I made it clear that Frank was actively trying to kill Brion when this photo was taken. Frank was Cindy's husband at that moment in time, and he was at this wedding. If Brion was stoned, and wandered into this reception, he'd have had a very short evening of it. Very short.

Well then "Frank" must have been out on a little business trip that night.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

Didn't read the whole thread. Posting fail and apologies to the OP.
edit on 7/11/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

That's okay. I wouldn't have assumed that such a normal looking part of that photo would be where the mystery exists. Without the specifics, of the moment the photo was taken, known, it's a fairly normal looking photo.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Maybe the simple explaination is that this photo is not the wedding in question but another wedding or event where your brother was....if this is the case then great but if this is not the case then your brother may have astro-project himself without knowledge of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The image of your brother looks "different" than the one of the girls. They look much clearer. I know the entire back of the photo looks fuzzy some....but is it possible your brother who died had cut and pasted the image of Brion into this photo so it seemed to him...or someone else for that matter.... his brother was there when he really wasn't?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Maybe he was drunk and doesn't remember being there or he was under the influence of some sort of 'stuff'

Hence the reason he doesn't remember being present.

It seems like a long time ago maybe he just forgot
edit on 11-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

HAHAH!! He's not talking about the light. He's talking about the guy in the blue flanel shirt. (EDIT: Sorry, I see you already caught that.)

First of all, if you can, rather than scan in the photo, take a picture of it, and upload that so it can be shown to be a true photo.

Second, I assume this is the only photo where he shows up, so perhaps the event is mistaken and this is not said ladies wedding. Try thinking of another event where these people would all be together at that time.

It's also a possibility that this may just be a double exposure. I don't think there is anything "supernatural" about this.
edit on 7/11/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Well then "Frank" must have been out on a little business trip that night.

Okay, now you're just making up stuff. Let's pretend that I know more about that situation than you do. Let's pretend that what I stated about this situation is true and that if Brion had been anywhere near that event, that Frank and his pals would've reacted immediately.

Besides, how often do I even start threads, let alone photo threads? This is probably my first photo thread. If I had a plausible explanation, I wouldn't have posted this here.

I'm wondering if anyone's ever run into something like this - a living person showing up in a photo hundreds of miles away from where they were at the time. Considering the difficult history between the two people in the picture, the mystery is even more profound. Definitely the kind of stuff that might cause a psychic tranference incident...if that sort of thing is at all possible.
edit on 7/11/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join