It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes you want to know, and then you find out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I put this in the dreams forum, because it involves a dream and is directly relavent, so here's my short story.

We've all seen the posts about sleep paralysis, I've read them as they've come across the ATS thread fire hose and I've always wondered what it would be like to experience such an event. Well, less than an hour ago I found out. It all started with a normal dream that wasn't all that out of the ordinary with a family dinner that was in my old house, one of my college friends came to visit, and it was windy. That dream carried on for what felt like about ten or fifteen minutes although I know in all likely-hood it wasn't. Abruptly in the dream however, like lost reception on a satellite or digital tv everything changed. I was suddenly walking down a long straight dusty road and I was stopped by who know's what, and started hearing/seeing a series of informative bits of speech and imagery. It happened really fast, there were graphs of increasing, yet unidentifiable values, images of war, maps of the world, and other things. There were also names that I can't recall being familiar, places I'd never heard of, and someone there telling me these things. I remember thinking, "I have no idea what this is, who you are, or what we're doing." And then I remember dreaming about the character telling me who they were, and describing what we were doing as something that started with the word that really stuck out, a "Laconic Class." It all felt really strange and then there was a ringing sound, like a drill going into a bell. The dream ended there. Suddenly, I woke up.

That's when it happened, I could see my room, hear my breathing feel myself laying down. I couldn't move. I could feel the attempt to move, but the muscles wouldn't work and instead of moving a muscle the dull ringing sound got extremely loud, almost to the point of hurting. For the duration of the event I couldn't move my eyes, I could just see where they were looking. I couldn't speak, but I could control my breathing. There was a sudden sense of panic that faded slowly because I knew what was happening, it was a little unsettling but not longer than thirty seconds or so to a minute long at most. Before I completely woke up I noted how it felt, I felt heavy, my chest felt heavy, and I found out what it was like to not have control of my body while conscious of the fact.

To sum it up, it was an interesting feeling to experience sleep paralysis, I can see how it could really freak someone out if they didn't know what was happening. It's interesting that I was just wondering yesterday what it'd be like to experience such a thing, and now I know. It's certainly not something I'd like to experience on a nightly basis, but I know it's nothing to fear and I can say I've felt what it's like now. Since it's something we all experience pretty much nightly, it's not something we all experience while conscious when it happens so I thought I'd share my experience!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

now do you believe it was just a dream? I think its bs the response to this o its just a dream where you are aware before your body awakes. I think there is more too it. pray after it
edit on 11-7-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I believe it occurred after a dream was interrupted, possibly by a noisy nocturnal pet clanking on a terrarium wall. It may also have been due to a whacked up sleep cycle brought on by going to sleep a full 9 hours earlier than normal due to a headache, and waking up at midnight, and going back to sleep for another five hours. I've heard stories that people have told about seeing, hearing, and feeling evil things during such an event as sleep paralysis, and being a Christian I feel ad though those things are possible, however I don't think such things were part of this occurrence.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have detected the sound prior to the dreams that relay information. On several occasions it wakes me up and then the dreams start, so I am partially awake and aware of what is happening. I suppose to communicate with the conscious part this would be needed?? Further, this can bring you to awareness and then you are pulled into an OBE which is interesting as well. What I am saying here, there may be more than just you, but others.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
What I am saying here, there may be more than just you, but others.

Interesting thought, could you clarify what you meant by the last sentence there?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

This sounds to me like you had an Astral Projection experience
Especially when you mentioned that sound. I thought it as soon as I started to read your post...then when you mentioned the ringing noise like a drill being shoved into a bell, well I think that is what you experienced.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Paralysis is the tail end of an OBE, where you get stuck on re-entry. Sometimes it's because you just wake up prematurely, but for me, it was usually because I had something else in the room that was trying to drag me back out.

top topics

join