It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow that was really quite the read, it occurs to me that with the witness account, the trail is so muddled between truth and lie, it is an onion peel of facts and collusion.

When the witness and subsequent article names certain organizations such as the Freemasons and the H.A.s and NORAD, to me that sounds as if it was written to distract any potential leads away from the local circle of real suspects which would become emeshed from Canada to China.

They seem to have become trapped in their own plot and conspiracy, and have tried to spin this into the US.

Local and tribal police, the drug and sex industries seem to be sown together, they have found their freedoms through Governmental protection most likely in the begining to round up criminals in the drug/sex trafficing industry, but after so much entitlement, entanglement, too many high ups would be involved if even a portion of the truth were laid out for the 3 decades this has been going on.
edit on 11-7-2011 by antar because: Huuh...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Unfortunately, you would be hard pressed to see any evidence the police had collected over the years regarding the case due to "ongoing investigation" otherwise we collectively could put our heads together and peruse the info and see if we could make more headway than the police ever has. We could call it ATS investigations and cold case files. Sometimes it takes an outside view of things to make things more clear.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well it DEFINATELY wasnt this guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e58db94022f0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by silo13

Wow that was really quite the read, it occurs to me that with the witness account, the trail is so muddled between truth and lie, it is an onion peel of facts and collusion.

When the witness and subsequent article names certain organizations such as the Freemasons and the H.A.s and NORAD, to me that sounds as if it was written to distract any potential leads away from the local circle of real suspects which would become emeshed from Canada to China.

They seem to have become trapped in their own plot and conspiracy, and have tried to spin this into the US.

Local and tribal police, the drug and sex industries seem to be sown together, they have found their freedoms through Governmental protection most likely in the begining to round up criminals in the drug/sex trafficing industry, but after so much entitlement, entanglement, too many high ups would be involved if even a portion of the truth were laid out for the 3 decades this has been going on.
edit on 11-7-2011 by antar because: Huuh...

Hi, just done a little digging and found out that the highway of tears is roughly a 500 mile section of a highway. Now that is a big area. When I first looked at this thread I thought the area of disappearance/crime was more localised and that suited several posts here that they could possibly be attributed to one individual (where a crime can be proven, if someone has dissapeared that may or may not be the case).

To put that into a local perspective for me, the M1 is the major motorway (read highway) in the UK and is only 193 miles long. For any disappearence or murder along the whole of the M1 for the last 30 years to be linked to one person would be judged as unlikely, but people seem to be suggesting that this is the case here?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Doesn't seem like too high a number to me. People go missing all the time.

The Hills Have Eyes immediately springs to mind with this story

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That was the first thing that came to my mind while reading the article, I could see it happening without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if this was going on else where.

edit on 11-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Must read website dedicated to these 'missing' and murdered women, with pictures of the women and of course more information.

Very interesting read in relation to the subject.

Highway 16 west has been dubbed the Highway of Tears, after at least five First Nations women vanished or were found murdered there, between 1994-1995.
In recent years, more women of Aboriginal ancestry have disappeared, or have been found murdered in this area.

NONE OF THESE CASES HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

MISSING/MURDERED NATIVE WOMEN IN CANADA

I feel like I'm opening up a Pandora's box here - for me personally that is... I'll bring more news as I find it.

peace
edit on 11-7-2011 by silo13 because: bold

Have you seen Kevin Annett's film 'Unrepentant' about the genocide of indigenous Canadians? It's part of Pandora's box.

edit on 11-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

here is a brave example of the kind of things that can be done to protect the vunerable.

www.cbsnews.com...

What I feel is missing from this thread is not that these girls have vanished but WHY

action needs to be taken before we lose another!

edit on 11-7-2011 by Perfect stranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just speculating, but what I think they will eventually find is that the perp is a trucker, which of course makes it infinitely more difficult to catch him because he literally could be from anywhere in North America.

That said, you'd think these native gals up there would get the message and stop hitchiking along the highway.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

LOL thats a quality page you put up there haha.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
First, very recently, in June 2011, a girl that many of my friends know went missing at a lake I used to swim at. Her belongings, her truck etc were found at the campsite but she was not.

“She really had her head screwed on. We don’t think she just wandered off drunk and fell into the lake. It is completely off character. I don’t know if they will ever find her at this point.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

What I'm seeing is a lot of discrepancies in numbers. The police are saying one thing and the aboriginal communities are saying another. I'm thinking the confusion may be in the women going missing in the general area, and women who have gone missing along the highway specifically.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police say the number of missing and dead totals 18, aboriginal leaders in the area say the real number is much higher, around 43.

Some believe that Highway 16 is the trolling ground of a serial killer (or killers). Others put the blame on truck drivers who regularly haul timber and other resources through the remote communities. According to the RCMP statistics, 10 of the 18 apparent victims live in remote aboriginal communities and use hitchhiking as a means of getting around.

A lot of these women were hitchiking, or walking or biking along the road, and one was a prostitute. However, not all of them were.

Here are yet more discrepancies in numbers. In an article from 2005.

Amnesty International Canada recently brought attention to the disappearances and murders along Highway 16, suggesting last September that as many as 32 victims have disappeared or murdered along the 724-kilometre stretch of highway running between Prince George and Prince Rupert.

Ward said he doesn't know where that figure comes from. The police maintain the number is seven since 1990.

The only non native woman to disappear (according to the police's number of 7 since 1990) was Nicole Hoar (I was wrong earlier about the other victims possibly being white according to this website) After her disappearance her name was heard everywhere far and wide, billboards were posted along the stretches of highway. I would think this is because her parents could afford to have this done for her, they had also offered a reward of 50,000 for any knowledge of her whereabouts. And there you see the instant divide between the white people and the Native Americans in terms of access (or lack of it) to resources, and the money to make a huge deal about the missing victims.

Then 25 years old and working as a tree planter, Hoar had planned to visit her sister in Smithers, about 370 kilometres from Prince George. She was last seen standing along the highway, presumably thumbing a ride.

So, if in 15 years, 7 women (according to police at the time) have gone missing, along a desolate highway, this doesn't seem to scream conspiracy to me. Just some crimes being committed against women who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And unfortunately born to the wrong families because there is definitely not the same attention given to missing Native Americans as there is to missing white persons.

As for the idea of a serial killer here's what the RCMP had to say.

The idea of a Highway 16 serial killer has been discussed for years. But police maintain there is nothing to link the latest disappearance with a serial killer preying on young female victims over the past 15 years.

"There is nothing to indicate there is a serial killer -- nothing -- but you can never close your mind to anything," Vancouver RCMP Sgt. John Ward said Friday.
"The only common thread is the highway," he said. "That's the only road in and out, and it's a desolate area."

He said each of the seven cases is being actively investigated by the North District major crime section based in Prince George.

www.missingpeople.net...

While I do not think that nearly enough attention is given to the missing Native American women, I also do not think it's a conspiracy to make them disappear, or UFO abductions or the like. Or that the RCMP are trying to cover up something bigger. I think it is more a lack of not caring as much and perhaps feeling a bit helpless in terms of what they can do for these women when many of them are in bad situations to begin with. It could be a serial killer, it could be different psychos taking advantage of the long stretches of desolate highway to do there thing with seemingly no consequences. I keep an open mind, but I will not go so far as to say the police have anything to do with the disappearances or any major cover ups. I do believe that they could have done more though to find these women sooner and figure out what was happening.

I think more along the lines of the following quote.

“It could just be that some sick people up there realize that women hitchhiking alone are easy pickings. Towns are far apart and there are long stretches of road. Sometimes the radio fades out and there is no cell service. There are logging roads off every highway. If someone has bad intentions, you will find a victim. Someone can go off and drive for an hour and throw a body into a ravine and they would never be found.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

There is certainly a sort of prejudice surrounding Native American people where I come from, and many of these people have definitely gotten the short end of the stick over the years due to our government shoving them on reservations, and taking their land away in the first place. Many have turned to drugs, alcohol and prostitution. It is a very sad state of things, and the land and people need to heal from the bitterness and resentment that have built up through the years because of the way they (the natives) were originally treated, and are still in some ways treated like an embarrassing child they want to hide away when the relatives come to visit.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What about the use of a competent psychic ?

I am blessed in that I have had prophetic dreams to warn me of pending danger ahead all of my life.
I also happen to be of native descent (Choctaw,Cree & Blackfeet) from my grandparents.

John Gacy a serial killer in the 70's had murdered 33 teen aged boys and what eventually lead to his arrest was work performed by a psychic who convinced one of the detectives on the case to investigate the evidence she'd discovered by communicating with one of the deceased victims.

I feel very strongly about this for I believe I as a teen had a chance encounter in an apparent attempted abduction with whom I believe was this man , John Wayne Gacy.

In high school I worked at a restaurant in the northern suburbs of Chcago. I wouldn't get off work on Saturday night until around 2AM after mopping the floors of the entire restaurant.

While riding home alone at 2:30 AM, a white Ford Crown Victoria, commonly used as Police cruisers approached me and I thought that they were merely going to ask me for directions or something.
I slowed down because we trusted the Police back then and would help them out if needbe.

Soon though it was apparent to me that whoever was driving was instead more interested in forcing me off of my bicycle ! Fortunately by escaping/riding to the trails of a nearby park I was able to lose this assailant.

Gacy later admitted to masquerading as a police officer and did drive a white Ford Crown Victoria which resembled a police cruiser.

I feel for these Native victims for I almost as a teen became a victim myself and I am would think that there would be some credible psychic who would dedicate her time to help these poor women victims in communicating with them and extracting some details on how they met their untimely demise.

Even if only the description of a vehicle or the assailant himself....anything might help considering how this case has gone unsolved for so many years now. That alone might dictate the need to try a new approach to solving these murders.

The work of this psychic Dorothy Allison and in collaboration with an open minded detective is what lead to the discovery of evidence used in the eventual arrest of John Gacy.

Unfortunately after he had already slain 33 teen aged boys and young men by then.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
im waiting for someone to mention ufos.....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

I'm with you on that is probably more highly likely.....someone who does that strip of road on a regular basis and may live within a 500km radias of that area. He either lives alone or has a mate in on it. They live remotely away from peering neighbours. The place won't be so well kept on the outside. Been a truckie, he may have auburn or mousy coloured unkept hair, caucasian, unshaven, hazel eyes, over weight but not too fat, and about 5'10 to 6'2. Always wears a baseball cap, swannie shirt and unclean jeans. He's not a logger but runs supplies reguarly through the area or drives a large van. He spends his spare time hunting and knows every crook and cranny of the area. He's approx 40-50 years of age. Is'nt that the description of the usual serial killer suspects?

Here's one profile of a Canadian serial killer that almost fits my profile:

www.serialkillers.ca...

www.serialkillers.ca...

www.serialkillers.ca...

www.serialkillers.ca...

Look at their profile pictures.....see any resemblence? Very similar facial features. Their profile biographies are also similar.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

That had me in fits of bloody laughter. Where do you find these things? LOL

I honestly do think ATS should have a Comedy Corner !!!
edit on 11-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There's a good chance that it could be a trucker/s picking up these girls along the highway. If he is moving along this highway and travels from the U.S to Canada and back, it would be difficult to sniff him/them out. He picks her up, rapes/tortures or kills her, dumps her body on the side of the road and keeps on keepin' on. There have been cases like this in the U.S. and I'm sure other countries aren't immune to it.

Then again it's 500 miles of highway. It could be the perfect serial rapist/killer hunting ground. With nobody around, it would be easy to pick people off the side of the road.

I wonder if the police have tried to plant female undercover cops to see what happens. It's a big, risky operation, but worth all those lives lost over the years.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

so you think that one of the 4 killers you linked is the one responsible for the highway 16 murders?

Sorry, just wanting some clarity.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by silo13

I wonder if anyone has ever looked into these missing women, and
possible correlated reports of "UFO" sightings?

No.

I'm from BC and I know of the Highway of Tears.

Fact is that there's lots of back roads on that highway, probably with lots of shallow graves. Personally, I think any conscious BC hitchhiker would be stupid to try it there.

It's more than likely a Willy Picton-type serial killer. Trust me, there's lots of scary people who live in rural BC.

And there's so many more missing people reported all over the place than just there. In fact, one of the few things that disturbs me anymore is looking upon new faces on missing person billboards.

I find it disturbing how it was big news when some Georgian teenage girl went missing in Ontario years ago, when there's literally thousands of missing Canadians.

This is why I don't hitchhike. This is why I know how to use a knife in self-defense. If you can't hold your own in BC, then you become another statistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join