It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
after reading the op it reminds of of that lame movie "the hills have eyes"

hated that movie.

could be the work of a serial kiler.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Checking in.

I have continued, as we all discussed, with this on facebook and other avenues of research. It has become very clear to me that if we are going to do anything lasting and with true justice we need a defense fund. The Highway of Tears page I am on is active and there are others as well. If we could open on Nation Land an office that worked with all the First Nations, pages and grants, etc this investigation could be a force to be reckoned with, if you know what I mean. Paypal accounts on the pages, a website for donations or call the office, mail in a check to the office are just a few ideas and here is why:

One of the women on the page has been given evidence with what could be reliable protein and DNA. This is important. Highway of Tears needs an ongoing defense fund. Private detectives could be hired on behalf of these families and the Nations as well as lawyers. There is no case too cold we have learned here in the States and I am sure it is the same in Canada. I am sure now there are people who have not been interviewed and bodies to exhumed. Hell, look at our Grim Sleeper in Los Angeles or the Long Island Serial Killer(s).... these are pretty old cases.

Anyway, God's Speed everyone.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
B.C. man accused of killing 3 more women

A 21-year-old man who is already charged in the slaying of a 15-year-old girl has now been charged in the deaths of three women, say RCMP in Prince George, B.C.

Cody Legebokoff was charged in late 2010 with first-degree murder in the death of Loren Donn Leslie, 15, whose body was found on a remote logging road just off Highway 27 near Vanderhoof, B.C., last November.

On Monday, police announced Legebokoff is now facing three new counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Jill Stacey Stuchenko, Cynthia Frances Maas and Natasha Lynn Montgomery following a 10-month investigation.

Looks like the police caught a 21 year old serial killer of women within the proximity of the Highway of Tears. According to the article, he lured them to him through social network sites and then killed them. With any luck, the police will connect this prick to more recent cases of missing women in the area.

Also, he's currently in a prison in Prince George. I had a friend there a few years back, told me it wasn't a friendly place. Good.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

A 21-year-old man who is already charged in the slaying of a 15-year-old girl has now been charged in the deaths of three women, say RCMP in Prince George, B.C.

Cody Legebokoff was charged in late 2010 with first-degree murder in the death of Loren Donn Leslie, 15, whose body was found on a remote logging road just off Highway 27 near Vanderhoof, B.C., last November.

On Monday, police announced Legebokoff is now facing three new counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Jill Stacey Stuchenko, Cynthia Frances Maas and Natasha Lynn Montgomery following a 10-month investigation.

Looks like the police caught a 21 year old serial killer of women within the proximity of the Highway of Tears. According to the article, he lured them to him through social network sites and then killed them. With any luck, the police will connect this prick to more recent cases of missing women in the area.

Also, he's currently in a prison in Prince George. I had a friend there a few years back, told me it wasn't a friendly place. Good.

The RCMP have said that they are quite certain that these 4 murders are not connected to the "Highway of Tears" murders and disappearances - which suggests that there is another serial killer still at large.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The RCMP have said that they are quite certain that these 4 murders are not connected to the "Highway of Tears" murders and disappearances - which suggests that there is another serial killer still at large.

Obviously. I'm saying that this case is showing how these murders happen, as opposed to just guessing absurd theories like alien abductions or whatever.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I suspect that there is more than one serial killer who has been working this stretch of Highway.

And I believe one of them tried to pick me up, as I lived on the Highway of Tears for most of year at one point. And I mean that, I was about 2 blocks off of the Highway.

At the time I looked quite a bit more like Shelly-Ann Bascu, and the place the guy tried to pick me up was probably with a 1/4 of a kilometer of where she disappeared. Maybe less. I'd bet it was quite a bit less.

Not information I knew until after this incident. I didn't know about the Highway of Tears murders when I lived there. I went and looked at the website after reading about it in the paper about a year later, and when I saw the picture of Shelly-Ann she was the only picture I clicked on the first time. Because, she looked so much like me. Then I saw the rest of the information, and the hair on my neck went up.

Older man - maybe 60s?, older blue-grey vehicle obviously not used too much, well kept, and a garaged vehicle. (this would make him closer in his 70s now.)

When he drove up to me and he'd obviously stalked me to where I was - he'd had to backtrack from when I crossed the highway - I backed away from his vehicle and told him I lived there. In that moment he froze for a fragment of a second while looking at me, got a haunted look in his eyes and squealed off as fast as he could.

I've had all sorts of guys try to pick me up including bad men, but that guy.... he was something different.

Didn't report it - what's to report. Creepy Guy offered me a ride because I looked like I might be a hitchhiker, on a road full of hitchhiking temporary workers. No one would take that seriously. What-ya-do?

As I said - I suspect that there is more than one person working this highway. And I suspect that it is possible that men of bad intent have used the mystic to cover for their own crimes of opportunity.

(I was also stalked off and on by the guy I believed they eventually started calling the 7/11 stalker. I saw exactly one report in the paper about him, later and was happy that'd he'd finally been tagged. I'd already figured out that that was were he kept picking me out from - when I went by them. Mostly just liked to find a place ahead of you to get out, come up between two buildings and present himself partially naked and choking the snake. Seemed to like my annoyance and disgust.

Did not like the time he went past me with the van door open though. Called in to the police that time AT the 7/11 and they didn't take me seriously. Which was actually the second time I'd called them from a 7/11 about the guy following me. Tried to call family and friends to come get me, but no one was answering and the one person who I did get was so drunk they couldn't stand up.

I walked home, and he went by me with the van door open. That was a LONG run home while trying not to make it obvious where I lived.

Just after this is when I moved to Hinton and I've not seen him since. Never have heard if they ever got him.)
edit on 2011/10/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Linking the recent serial killer to the Highway of Tears is not sensible.

These murders have been happening for longer than this guy has been alive.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
www.cbc.ca...

Linking the recent serial killer to the Highway of Tears is not sensible.

These murders have been happening for longer than this guy has been alive.

Who said there's only one guy doing it? You said you lived up there, you should know that there's many creepy and violent people around, especially in Prince George.

I only went there once, recently, and saw a few vehicles just on the outskirts of town with their windows shot out. Lots of gang violence there too (my buddy was killed following an earlier incident in PG)...

My point is that this guy who was caught is an example of what is going on up there. The many years of unsolved disappearances only attract more murderers since they know its easy to get away with up there. This 21 year old is being charged for killing women that he attracted online, but who's to say that he didn't simply drive along the highway to pick up a victim?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Lots of good people up there.

But yeah - its a lot of unpatrollable space for people to disappear into. Fort Mac has a problem with people just "disappearing" too.

The wild west moved North.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAPurMAMA
reply to post by burntheships

Sorry to say, but it is all racism and genocidal tendencies, not some ET phenomenon! I live in Canada, and I am aboriginal. Not saying I don't believe in UFO's (I have had a couple of sightings), but in this case, straight up homicide!

Check out the case of Robert Pickton! He killed an estimated 49 women and fed them to his pigs on his farm! This is just one lone nut in the same Canadian province. Here's some info of Robert Pickton from wikipedia. en.wikipedia.org...

Where people look and see racism everywhere, I tend to look for the most obvious answer.
What did they have in common? Hitchhiking.
Dangerous anywhere but particularly on this stretch of highway.

When the RCMP investigated and found no DNA evidence linking the murders to eachother, but the victims families have a FEELING that they are connected, who to believe? Feelings or facts?

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join