It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Typical of B.C. Many people think B.C. is a beautiful place, people are laid back and pleasant, everyone gets along, pastoral and clean - nothing could be further from the truth.

Drug addiction, homelessness, greed and arrogance rule this place. The biggest industry in B.C. is the illegal drug industry. Some people shrug their shoulders and say, "It's just weed. What's the harm?" and they ignore the truth: The pot industry creates drug gang violence and open warfare. It sinks a society into despair.

B.C. has suffered that fate.

A mother in Nanaimo slits her two-year-old daughter's throat before cutting up the body, cooking it with other ingredients and eating the soup.

www.primetimecrime.com...

The worst serial kill in Canadian history is from right here in "Beautiful B.C." Robert Pickton, a pig farmer, regularly visited the Vancouver downtown east-side, the most repulsively impoverished neighborhood in Canada, picked drug addicted hookers, took them to his farm, tortured them and killed them, and had his pigs finish them off (insects also had their share of the feast). He then cooked and fed those pigs to visiting friends and family.

en.wikipedia.org...

Vancouver shows its sickening side from time to time. The Stanley Cup riot is an example of how messed up this place is. Young kids, wasted and directionless, tear the city apart after the hockey team loses the Stanley Cup. Some of the offenders turn out to be from affluent families, with all kinds of hope in their lives. One kid gets his photo taken trying to light a police car's gas tank on fire. Turns out he's on the national water polo team and his father is a wealthy surgeon. He cries crocodile tears on TV, apologizing for his crimes, and his parents back him up. What a joke.

www.cbc.ca...

B.C. breeds losers. It breeds apathy and despair. Sad, because it has so much potential.

RIP to all of those women. I can only imagine how horrific their deaths were.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
missed this one:

www.canada.com...

so terrible

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

I have noticed TPTB are starting to smack their lips over the abundance of resources under the Arctic ocean! I know that the Russians have started to check out our defenses Russians to Deploy Troops to Arctic

Sooner or later, unless something is done, there may well be a war going on for these resources. Looks like the Russians are ready, will we be?
edit on (15/7/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: Typo

P.S. Sorry for going off topic.
edit on (15/7/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Um, I think your interpretation of how "horrible" BC is, is just a bit misleading

Yeah, there's a lot of bad stuff that goes on around this province. There's lots of losers, homeless people, druggies, thieves, thugs, sluts, crazies, etc.

However, the general population has their head straight for the most part. The only problem is that in every major population centre in BC, most people are outsiders. For instance, let's use Kelowna as an example (this is true for any city though). The people who grew up there see themselves, and are generally see as, the "centre" of the population of the city. However, they are the minority compared to others.

One of the other major groups are other Canadians, usually people from other BC cultures. They are obviously different from Kelowna regulars; perhaps they wear different clothes (especially if you're a hippy from Trail or a wankster from Surrey), have strange tattoos, walk in a different stance, talk with a different confidence, smoke in different settings (this is a cultural characteristic for BC people as preferences change between those who grew up in rural and urban settings).

Sometimes you'll even run into Canadians from other provinces, and usually they act like they're so morally superior (especially Ontarians, grrrrrrr) or outright better (Albertans) or more cultured (Quebecois) or homely and shy (eastern Maritime provinces) or worst of all, they think they can outdrink us (Manitobans). These "outsiders" are allowed into our regional circles mostly out of curiousity and entertainment than anything else.

Then there's the immigrants. They're everywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist but there's definitely racial tension on every level in BC. Basically, these people tend to stick to their own little culture cliques. I've even seen for myself around Vancouver and Surrey where there's literally subdivisions dominated by east Indians, streets owned by Asians. This is just the way it goes. Though, I must admit that I've met a few that are fun to hang around with; these being the ones who assimilate to our culture the most (herb-wise, anyways).

Beyond this, there is the underground. There's lots of gangs and organized crime here, but you've made a serious error of inexperience by portraying the weed industry as being the same as violent gangs (like the UN/Independent Soldiers/Red Scorpions). It's not. The underground that I know is not related to gangs nor is it out to harm anyone or any place; it is simply supply, demand, happiness.

And yeah, there's a lot of scum here too. You know what I've found in common between the scummy people? They are all ignorant. They fear education. They think they know it all and they actually intend to interfere in the lives of other people, usually involving getting into their "bubble" in some pathetic act of wannabe dominance.

It's these people that really bring out the worst of BC. Ignorant people. People who just can't stay the hell out of other peoples' business. It's because of them that most BC people, especially those in urban centres, always eye strangers on the street with suspicion because for all they know, that random guy with tattoos walking adjacent to you could be out to steal your wallet and screw your sister.

And guess what? This is exactly the mindset that the government wants. They want people to stick to their own business, to spend their lives working in the legitimate BC economy while following the rules and showing complete submission to the law when it demands it. They don't want us to communicate, or even view strangers, on a human level.

They want us to have a "it's him or me" mentality and they will exploit EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY they can to portray why it must be this way to the general population- starting with excessive reporting of obscure horror stories of isolated instances. Have you ever asked why? To show us that because one person cooks up and eats her kid, that we must all be capable of it? To show that just because somebody gets shot by a gang, that buying marijuana is a violent act? To show that when 100,000 people riot in the streets of Vancouver, that they are all stupid punk domestic terrorists that could be your neighbor?

They introject this crap into your head to educate you according to their institutions. They are trying to tell you that to be a proper citizen of BC, you must follow their biased interpretation of the very world around you instead of opening your own eyes and making your own choices.

To be a true British Columbian is to say "F society, F the government, and F the system. This is my life and I'll live it any damn way I want to." And if this makes me the scum of Canada, then so be it.

(Sorry for the off-topic rant, but my pride was exploding within me
)
edit on 15-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Dear silo13,

I seem to recall that Canada has also had a number of feet wash up on it's western shores. Do you know whether or not anyone has sought to see if any of the feet belonged to any of the missing girls. I do hope you are aware of the feet that were found and I have never read that the police had been able to identify who they were from.

Mystery Feet Wash Up On Canada's Shore

These deaths that you mention certainly appear to be racial; but, lets not assume they were by non-aboriginals or we might miss out on some candidates. Most serial killers tend to kill within their own race.

Atlanta murders of 1979–1981

Minority groups that have been mistreated often assume that all mistreatment is by the majority group, this allows predators from within the minority group to often go unnoticed. A famous serial killer, BTK, in Wichita, Kansas was able to go for 40 years because the police wanted to believe the killings were being done by someone who would not fit in, when in fact, he fit in quite well.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Um, I think your interpretation of how "horrible" BC is, is just a bit misleading

Yeah, there's a lot of bad stuff that goes on around this province. There's lots of losers, homeless people, druggies, thieves, thugs, sluts, crazies, etc.

However, the general population has their head straight for the most part. The only problem is that in every major population centre in BC, most people are outsiders. For instance, let's use Kelowna as an example (this is true for any city though). The people who grew up there see themselves, and are generally see as, the "centre" of the population of the city. However, they are the minority compared to others.

One of the other major groups are other Canadians, usually people from other BC cultures. They are obviously different from Kelowna regulars; perhaps they wear different clothes (especially if you're a hippy from Trail or a wankster from Surrey), have strange tattoos, walk in a different stance, talk with a different confidence, smoke in different settings (this is a cultural characteristic for BC people as preferences change between those who grew up in rural and urban settings).

Sometimes you'll even run into Canadians from other provinces, and usually they act like they're so morally superior (especially Ontarians, grrrrrrr) or outright better (Albertans) or more cultured (Quebecois) or homely and shy (eastern Maritime provinces) or worst of all, they think they can outdrink us (Manitobans). These "outsiders" are allowed into our regional circles mostly out of curiousity and entertainment than anything else.

Then there's the immigrants. They're everywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist but there's definitely racial tension on every level in BC. Basically, these people tend to stick to their own little culture cliques. I've even seen for myself around Vancouver and Surrey where there's literally subdivisions dominated by east Indians, streets owned by Asians. This is just the way it goes. Though, I must admit that I've met a few that are fun to hang around with; these being the ones who assimilate to our culture the most (herb-wise, anyways).

Beyond this, there is the underground. There's lots of gangs and organized crime here, but you've made a serious error of inexperience by portraying the weed industry as being the same as violent gangs (like the UN/Independent Soldiers/Red Scorpions). It's not. The underground that I know is not related to gangs nor is it out to harm anyone or any place; it is simply supply, demand, happiness.

And yeah, there's a lot of scum here too. You know what I've found in common between the scummy people? They are all ignorant. They fear education. They think they know it all and they actually intend to interfere in the lives of other people, usually involving getting into their "bubble" in some pathetic act of wannabe dominance.

It's these people that really bring out the worst of BC. Ignorant people. People who just can't stay the hell out of other peoples' business. It's because of them that most BC people, especially those in urban centres, always eye strangers on the street with suspicion because for all they know, that random guy with tattoos walking adjacent to you could be out to steal your wallet and screw your sister.

And guess what? This is exactly the mindset that the government wants. They want people to stick to their own business, to spend their lives working in the legitimate BC economy while following the rules and showing complete submission to the law when it demands it. They don't want us to communicate, or even view strangers, on a human level.

They want us to have a "it's him or me" mentality and they will exploit EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY they can to portray why it must be this way to the general population- starting with excessive reporting of obscure horror stories of isolated instances. Have you ever asked why? To show us that because one person cooks up and eats her kid, that we must all be capable of it? To show that just because somebody gets shot by a gang, that buying marijuana is a violent act? To show that when 100,000 people riot in the streets of Vancouver, that they are all stupid punk domestic terrorists that could be your neighbor?

They introject this crap into your head to educate you according to their institutions. They are trying to tell you that to be a proper citizen of BC, you must follow their biased interpretation of the very world around you instead of opening your own eyes and making your own choices.

To be a true British Columbian is to say "F society, F the government, and F the system. This is my life and I'll live it any damn way I want to." And if this makes me the scum of Canada, then so be it.

(Sorry for the off-topic rant, but my pride was exploding within me
)
edit on 15-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

so you agree with crowley?? aside from your "pride"?

I just came on here to say one thing, not get involved in BC bashing or support.

I live in a very rural part of NY. Its a state park called the "Adirondack Park". I love camping and enjoying the outdoors. But, now when i go camping, I go to spots that arent accessible to just anyone. Like a remote place only available to someone willing to hike or paddle a bit. In this crazy world, its the only place i feel safe. And Im a rather large guy.

All these people camp right off the road. Woods, desert, it doesnt matter. They go out and get drunk in the middle of no where. There are so many sick bastards in this world. Dont make your self vulnerable to these people.

so sad to hear of these deaths.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If you want to know what happened to 49 missing women in Vancouver BC follow this link. Truly sad!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi
I've rewritten this post dozens of times and there's no way to not come off like a douche.

There isn't any indication of a racist undertone to these disappearances,

The murders and disappearances became national news (and, some say, finally got the attention of the police) when 25-year-old tree planter Nicole Hoar, who is white, went missing along the Highway of Tears on June 21, 2002. Hoar was last seen hitchhiking near a gas station near Prince George, known as B.C.’s northern capital, and despite a full-scale RCMP investigation, she has never been found.

Link to the article here

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

All I am asking is treat all these woman as if they were you're own flesh and blood.

Too bad it isn't as easy for 'them' (the authorities) to understand and believe something you and I take as fact and comes as second nature...of first nature for that matter.

peace

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Just had to make mention that this has been known for a long time. It hasn't only now been brought to the surface because a white woman went missing. There's been a wikipedia page on it for ages. It may have been brought to YOUR attention now, but that doesn't mean no one else knew of it until a white woman disappeared. It all comes down to not being able to research every single topic in the world and if something is new to one person it most likely is old to others. No media racism involved.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

Originally posted by Dnevnoi
I
And I am sure if it was you're daughter, friends or family you would too.
All I am asking is treat all these woman as if they were you're own flesh and blood.

LOTZA LOVE

edit on 16-7-2011 by Mividau because: added a link to the article, forgot sorry

Well I agree with your sentimenst completely but it never works out like that in practice does it?

THere was a similar pattern in the Yorkshire Ripper case where the British police only ratcheted up the investigations when a "nice girl" got murdered I shuddered to think how many more "bad girls" (i.e. prostitutes) would have been killed. It seems like cop mentality to me.

And justice for all?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

I am also upset that Global Networks as CNN did not carry this story.
We would be apalled if this many women disapeared in that kind of area in one location and it did not get Globa coverage. Some people dont seem to want to treat others as you wish to be treated. If anyone I knew went missing I would be raising hell. And I am sure if it was you're daughter, friends or family you would too.

Well maybe our small towns in bc aren't big enough news for CNN. However it's always been news for us, the locals. Media loves this type of thing...=sensationalism =more viewers = higher ratings.

I'm sure there are white girls who have gone missing from poor families who didn't have the money necessary to advertise everywhere and garner the media attention deserved. It can't be all just pure racism.

edit on 18-7-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Prob a long haul truck driver...many serials are drivers

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Maybe its some wierdo cop doing in these women?
Its odd that they are all missing from the vanderhoof highway....
Im wondering if there is some other coincidental details that may help pin thisdown closer to the mark.I know the cops dont really have a great deal of respect for the native people.Perhaps they dont care enough to make a thorough investigation?

Disturbing. It is almost like the smiley face serial killers. People need to be more cautious and travel in groups again. The sad reality is that there is a lot of evil people out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What is this bull#? I only hear about this now AND I'M CANADIAN.
It's a shame it takes the death of a white person to bring things to light.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

F**K off with your bull sir.
I live in BC and it is the nicest place on Earth. Sure is alot better then most places in America.
We don't kill as much. The deaths from murderes in America are vastly bigger then those in Canada.
Also Picton is nothing compared to the terrorist in Oslo. He killed more then picton.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The world is full of scruff,drones and sh*theads....BC,Norway or America dont hold any sort of monopoly on them....the more people,the more of them will be killers...pretty simple formula

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

How dare you espouse reality on ATS!!

such commonsense is to be ignored!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
What is this bull#? I only hear about this now AND I'M CANADIAN.
It's a shame it takes the death of a white person to bring things to light.

Then it is a good thing that you are able to finally deny ignorance!

There is plenty of info about the "Highway or tears" around - it even has a wiki entry - if you paid more attention to hte MSM then you might have heard of it earlier!! :lol

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join