It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, they are our sisters, and i find it very sad, indeed!
There are many possible explanations, however the true story is the only one that matters.
It will be interesting to explore, I hope we can find some of the puzzle pieces.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Abducted by who ?

Criminal Rapist ...?
Aliens ...?
Mutants from wrong turn ?

those 43 woman didnt vanish like magic
someone took them and im sure its one of the 3 above
probably the first one
a familly maybe who have been doing this for the last 30 yrs
we need to find them so those adbuction stop
edit on 7/11/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It's scary to think about anybody dissappearing but I understand those unconscious racist undertones
to ideas being played up by the media.
Nobody should assume they are safe even if they are with someone else. It is not the case many times.
Which prompts more fear and feelings of dread..little red riding hood or little red goes riding in the hood?
I'm just messing wiht 'ya but the same words can project different 'scenes'..I'm sure lawyers do it all the
time.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here, from an ATS thread...

Originally posted by karl 12
Royal Canadian Mounted Police UFO Witness Silenced
From the Vancouver Sun of April 26th, 1976.

Bill Toffan, the 21 year old Terrace RCMP constable who said he had a near crash last Wednesday after sighting an unidentified flying object while on highway patrol, has been ordered by his superiors not to comment on the incident.

Toffan says he would be putting his job on the line if he said anything further, but his superior says there is nothing out of the ordinary in the order.

RCMP subdivision head, Edward Trefry, denied there is any police cover-up of the incident.

"We're not trying to hide anything. It's simply policy which has been laid down throughout this subdivision that all press releases are made by senior personnel at each detachment instead of by the individual officer." Inspector Trefry said in an interview from Prince Rupert.

"This is to avoid confusion and there are no exceptions to the rule," he said.

According to a press release made last week by Staff-Sgt. Murray Morrison, commanding officer of the Terrace detachment,Toffan saw a vehicle with its lights flashing ahead of him on Highway 16 about 60 miles east of Prince Rupert.

However, when he drew closer, he discovered it was not on the road, but was flying. As Toffan drew abreast of the air-borne object there was a blinding flash. He was so startled he nearly lost control of his car. He stopped and investigated the area on foot but found nothing.

www.ufobc.ca...

Police Officer UFO sighting -Blue Ridge,Canada
UFO Research Institute of Canada:

At 2:30 a.m., Frank Riley,a police officer with a military background, observed what appeared at first to be a shooting star over the Blue Ridge area of Seymour Mountain. Through the bathroom window he observed three red and white pulsating cylindrical lights. The sensor alarm in the patio was activated and the light which illuminated the lane went out. One of his dogs, outside the house, started to whine. Panic-stricken, Frank tried to wake up his wife, but it took all his effort to awaken her for just a brief moment before she fell back to sleep "like a rag doll." This had never happened before. Their nine-month-old child was "giggling" in the other room - another unusual occurrence. By 3:00 a.m., the lights had disappeared. Frank remarked that he had never been so frightened in his life.

www.ufobc.ca...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well let's see, if the police are saying it's 18 and the local aboriginal leaders are saying 43 it would appear that the aboriginal leaders know something the police do not.

Like maybe where they are buried? Seems like a good place to start an investigation to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Theres a bit more to this story than is written in the original article. Its not just one stretch of road its over a large area. Also its not just women who are missing theres a few guys to.

There are few roads on earth more dramatically breathtaking than Canada's Highway 16. The lonely 837-mile stretch of asphalt slices east-west through British Columbia, winding its way through towering snow-capped peaks, bustling mill towns, and a remote wilderness that feels as if it hasn't been touched since the beginning of time.

It's against this ruggedly beautiful backdrop that people are disappearing, the most recent in late May, when 20-year-old Madison Scott vanished near what has come to be known as the Highway of Tears. Scott was last seen at 3 a.m. on the night of May 27 at Hogsback Lake, a popular camping and party spot, about 15 miles south of her small town of Vanderhoof. A few days after Scott went missing, police found her tent and pickup truck at the campsite, but there was no sign of the young woman. Search parties came up empty handed.

It's a distressingly familiar scenario to those who live around here.

“The whole town is still in complete shock and no one knows what to think,” said Hannah White, a reporter with the Vanderhoof Omineca Express. “She really had her head screwed on. We don’t think she just wandered off drunk and fell into the lake. It is completely off character. I don’t know if they will ever find her at this point.”
highway-tears-pelisek

Scott’s fate appears to be the latest in a three-decade-long period during which numerous women have been killed or gone missing near three of B.C.’s northern highways, most prominently Highway 16. It is especially shocking for Canada, a country where murder is rare (610 homicides in 2009, compared to the United States' 13,636). And while the Royal Canadian Mounted Police say the number of missing and dead totals 18, aboriginal leaders in the area say the real number is much higher, around 43.

Source article

While this is worrying its wrong to assume everyone who is unaccounted for has been murderd at this stage. A lot of things can happen to someone out in the wilderness.

edit on 11-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Theres a bit more to this story than is written in the original article. Its not just one stretch of road its over a large area. Also its not just women who are missing theres a few guys to.

Not to be rude, but you do realize that the article you just quoted is about a woman, right?
I would be very interested in seeing an article about a man/guy that went missing on Hwy 16.

Madison Scott vanished near what has come to be known as the Highway of Tears. Scott was last seen at 3 a.m. on the night of May 27 at Hogsback Lake, a popular camping and party spot, about 15 miles south of her small town of Vanderhoof. A few days after Scott went missing, police found her tent and pickup truck at the campsite News Source

edit on 11-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Not to be rude, but you do realize that the article you just quoted is about a woman, right?
I would be very interested in seeing an article about a man/guy that went missing on Hwy 16.
edit on 11-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Sure thing . This is from the source article i just quoted which is the original article that newser.com got the story from :

Aboriginal leaders argue that the pool of victims is still larger, and even includes men and at least one family. And they say authorities are mostly just talk when it comes to concrete efforts to find the perpetrators. “There is no political will at all,” said Angela Marie MacDougall, executive director of Battered Women’s Support Services. “Zero. Unless you have law enforcement and various levels of government involved, it doesn’t go anywhere.

Source ( thedailybeast.com )

I dont know why newser.com left out details like this or why they didnt mention just how large an area the dissaperances have happened in . Maybe it makes a better story. I guess that if you are going to believe the Aboriginal leaders that the number of people missing is higher that 18 than you have to believe that its not just women. I find it a bit susspicious that the article talks about '18 dead or missing' but the doesnt tell us just how many out of the 18 have turned up dead .

edit on 11-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ah, Ok i see your idea now.
Thanks, just funny that so many women missing in comparison to men, no?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is sad news and i hope that it stops.

I checked the list of murdered/missing women and apart from the fact that they are all aboriginal,which indicates that a person or a group of people are attacking women based on their race.The years that this happening are too many(since 1969) for one person to act alone.

The UFO theory that was mentioned before could be a possibility,but as far as we know the abductees are always return with minimum damage.

The whole thing reminded me something that i read years ago about certain places,with strong energies,that can drive people crazy.What if there is not one killer or abductor,but many.What if anyone who passes through that highway are victims to these energies and when they see a person they have an urge to kill.I read in a few murder cases they found the killer and charged him,but the murder spree didn't stop.Did they convict the wrong person or in each case the killer is a different person?

I know it's far fetched and highly impossible because the victims are only women.Maybe these energies affect only men.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

The whole thing reminded me something that i read years ago about certain places,with strong energies,that can drive people crazy.What if there is not one killer or abductor,but many.What if anyone who passes through that highway are victims to these energies and when they see a person they have an urge to kill.I read in a few murder cases they found the killer and charged him,but the murder spree didn't stop.Did they convict the wrong person or in each case the killer is a different person?

I know it's far fetched and highly impossible because the victims are only women.Maybe these energies affect only men.

Stranger things have happened. I have no reason to discount anything you're suggesting. And if nothing else it's an attempt to 'find out' - more than (it seems) the LEO's in Canada have done.

Negative lay lines? Negative energy only effecting men? Negative areas, energies that make women wander off and never come back? More?

Why not. It's more than believable to me and since we're looking for a reason for the abductions and murder I don't believe it's off topic either, so, let's talk it out more!

peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Must read website dedicated to these 'missing' and murdered women, with pictures of the women and of course more information.

Very interesting read in relation to the subject.

Highway 16 west has been dubbed the Highway of Tears, after at least five First Nations women vanished or were found murdered there, between 1994-1995.
In recent years, more women of Aboriginal ancestry have disappeared, or have been found murdered in this area.

NONE OF THESE CASES HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

MISSING/MURDERED NATIVE WOMEN IN CANADA

I feel like I'm opening up a Pandora's box here - for me personally that is... I'll bring more news as I find it.

peace
edit on 11-7-2011 by silo13 because: bold

Hi there, I'm probably very badly educated on this, but by 'Aboriginal', what does that mean? While that may sound a stupid question I'm only familiar with it in context of native indiginous Australians, this has happened in Canada though so either the term is being used to describe any indiginous people, or these are people of Australian Aboriginal descent? I know it's not the purpose of the thread but it's confused me.
edit on 11-7-2011 by something wicked because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Truck drivers are notorius for producing serial killers....plenty of examples...pob some American trucker who things had gotten too hot for...the I70 killer comes to mind

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is just awful. It reminds me of a really bad horror movie.
I think this is the doing of a serial killer and his son:
I think if this has been going on since around 1969, then it must be more than one person. I'm guessing there is a really pervert person out there, who when getting older could have passed his 'hobby' of killing people onto his son, to keep it in the family so to speak.

The only other thing I could think of was death by accident- getting hit by a car, falling off a cliff, or freezing to death- it is Canada after all.,etc.... but 43??? very unlikely.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

As for missing woman Madison Scott, police are keeping quiet about the investigation. They say there is no indication that Scott is a victim of foul play, or that she was hitchhiking when she disappeared. “We haven’t ruled anything out, but there is no indication [her disappearance] has anything to do with Highway 16,” said RCMP Sgt. Rob Vermeulen. “It is a mystery. There is no evidence of what happened to her.”

It might just be a case of a reporter fishing for a juicy story .Either way I hope they get to the bottom of this mystery.

Source article TheDailyBeast.com

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
This is sad news and i hope that it stops.

I checked the list of murdered/missing women and apart from the fact that they are all aboriginal,which indicates that a person or a group of people are attacking women based on their race.The years that this happening are too many(since 1969) for one person to act alone.

The UFO theory that was mentioned before could be a possibility,but as far as we know the abductees are always return with minimum damage.

This statement surely doesnt include all the children being abducted in the UK??? The number of children and women going missing every year around the world is astounding, but particularly in the UK. Dont put it past UFO's because if they are picking on a certain race they may be after something, especially if it is a native race, such as the Mayans, Incans and such.

If you believe in Aliens, as I do, then you generally believe that, given the amount of activity seen around the world, and witnesses, and NASA evidence, then surely the other things being spoken about, like the Eisenhower deal with Alien Greys, must be true, or are at least possibly. I have texts that describe these events in detail.

The issue here is it will always be speculative, and if you were to go and investigate you, too, would go missing.

Once upon a time the agreement was they could abduct people as long as they kept a record, and returned people with no memory of the incident. When you do a deal with the devil, he will never keep his side of the bargain. It was found that these Greys were actually abducting people, women and children mainly, and disecting them for their glands, in which they bathe in the glandular secretions.

This is what is documented, whether it is true or not, I have no idea, but if you believe they exist, then why can't this be true.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

While this is worrying its wrong to assume everyone who is unaccounted for has been murderd at this stage.

Agreed - but - take a look at this website: here - an unconscionable umber of these girls were found murdered and the cases have still not been solved.

peace

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Probably a serial killer.
I've only been to Canada once a few years ago, I guess I was probably 22, and I remember calling my parents who were worried back home and I was like "Everything's cool, no crime here." What I didn't tell them was that this picture was on the front page of every newspaper while I was there:

I thought it was so strange because you would never see that on the front page of any paper in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Dude, you gotta repl to the post you're referring to when making an attack like that...So who was that aimed at?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join