It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture dream/ATS induced dreaming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am not religous,

I however had one of the most vivid dreams of my life a few months ago, it was about the rapture.. my son my friends my girlfriend were all gone "raptured" (i am guessing) lots of people were, the people who were left were running about the cities, robbing places fighting people in the streets...

there was what can only be described as a men in black, suited men in balck polcing the street (like classic FBI from movies) with police (of sorts) supporting them, the reason this dream sticks in my mind as i dont really ever remeber dreams, i certainley never dream about the end of the world/rapture etc and as i said im not religous,

i rember running about the street, buy over passes, through patio doors, grabing a knife from a bag... i dont know how that is even relevant...

Now i may have been seeing the future post rapture waste land of which i will need to stand up and become a road warrior and fight to survive,

What i find more likely is this damn site is slowly messing with my head...
and i want to ask my fellow ATS'ers the ones who post about dreams, the ones who see the end of the world, and the ones who at times dont know about lucid dreaming and cannot tell the difference between reality and dream world, could ATS and other peoples thoughts be infecting you/us/me? could spending time listening/reading other peoples madness be fine most the time but sometimes, someone is soo out there your brian needs to process it then suddenly you have a vision of tomorrow from a through away statement you dont remeber reading last week... so it become your vision?

has anyone else came to this conclusion?

edit on 11-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: Excuse the spelling mistakes, it 9:18 here and im just finishing the night shift

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
you made a typo, but its funny
you said your brian needs to process it not your brain, dont pick on brian, whats he done to you.
i think maybe this rapture idea has affected you more than you realise, and entered your unconcious 'brian'. I personally dont believe in a rapture, so i most definetly wont be worrying about it.
I think all this conspiracy stuff can get to you sometimes, and i hate to use that boring old cliche, but its still the best one, you choose the red pill the rest is history. Its not called a rabbit hole for nothing, and sometimes i actually envy thosepeople whose only thoughts are holidays, whats on tv, getting the newest mobile phone etc, but thankfully that only lasts a couple of seconds.
Dont worry, as my gran used to say "itll all come out in the wash".

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I think that being on here a lot and reading the stuff that people post CAN infect your mind. The stuff you take in gets lodged in your subconscious and when you dream it can come out. If you feel you are spending too much time on here, or are getting overloaded with doom and gloomers post, take a break.

Now on to your dream...I've had dreams of the Rapture my whole life. They are recurring dreams for me and they are intense. I'm a religious person, but not a church goer. I think my dreams are messages (due to them being a recurring theme since childhood - im 36 now) but only to me. They speak to me and me alone.

So if you remember the dreams, try to glean some information from them that you personally can take from them. If you think about them and really listen to your heart and gut you will make some good decisions

Hope that helps!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
In my opinion, when you start reading about certain things, your outlook on those things slowly starts to skew and change. This may be unconscious, so you may not be directly aware of it, and since dreams are, imo, a method the brain uses to present conflicts to the conscious mind, you are having them because your subconscious mind wants you to become aware of the conflicts so that you can consciously work them out. Otherwise, the subconscious mind, which isn't always great at doing the right thing, will find a middle ground for itself...Again, this is my opinion as applies to this situation, although many academics believe similarly regarding dreams and dream interpretation.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
well if it was a premonition of the future, at least you werent captured. lol on the run and with a knife is a good start.
edit on 11-7-2011 by symogums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think I could write a book on my series of dreams in the last few years. But in support of yours, I did not see the classical rapture, meaning it was not a Christian thingy, but a transition of more open persons from all sects. I am not of any religion and there were other like myself making a transition or being accepted symbolized by a gate or portal into a clean world of sorts. By the way, in two of them, I saw me leaving this body behind and yet I had a body. What is funny here is this, if it worked this way, those left behind would have no clue what is going on, just a bunch of dead people lying around I suppose. LOL

Sorry, I treat this more casually than most, but then some of my experiences and OBE's just make this an interesting journey which is kind of fun.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
In my opinion, when you start reading about certain things, your outlook on those things slowly starts to skew and change. This may be unconscious, so you may not be directly aware of it, and since dreams are, imo, a method the brain uses to present conflicts to the conscious mind, you are having them because your subconscious mind wants you to become aware of the conflicts so that you can consciously work them out. Otherwise, the subconscious mind, which isn't always great at doing the right thing, will find a middle ground for itself...Again, this is my opinion as applies to this situation, although many academics believe similarly regarding dreams and dream interpretation.

Yes, I agree with the bolded part above. Just wanted to use your post to frame my reply to OP, so thanks. As to the rest of what you wrote, yes, we I agree that perhaps OP is experiencing his subconscious presenting the "rapture dilemmma" if we may call it that. Perhaps as you explain, there are conflicts which the dreamer is being asked to resolve. The asking, is done by the subconscious.

Hmm. Well, OP I would say that the answer above is probably the best one to go with. I'll just type a bit on that subject. Let's say the rapture is real. Really, the essential question is, can people disappear, and what happens after that?

So this first question, "Can people disappear?" Well, there' s a scripture that describes how people would be working and one would be taken and one would be left. So, there is the essential "burr" in the subconscious' saddle-blanket. If a saddle blanket has a burr, which affects the horse (your subconscious) and you put the saddle on at dream time (you go to sleep and saddle up for a gallop/trot through the dreamspace in your head), then the horse (subconscious) will take you wherever the burrs tell it to go. You, as the rider, the dreamer on your dream saddle, do not know WHY the horse of your subconscious runs this way or that. But as poster above explains, the horse is taking you somewhere, where you can process the burr in the blanket.

So as you dream, if you have recurring dreams, then you are not removing the burr. The waking world is where you consciously do robotic or entranced work-crap and social-crap, while secretly of course, treasuring and processing your dreams, and anticipating the next ride, on your dream saddle. Now, some riders associate themselves with their saddle, and some riders associate themselves with their horse. This is a key difference in regards to horse riders. The more shallow, will love the saddle. And in this way, in the dream space, this sort of person may mistreat the horse, that is to say, the dream picture, is more important to them, than trying to find and identify, the burr. So they will dream and ride, without ever understanding that by processing the dream in the waking world, they could thereby hear what the horse is telling them, they could then resolve (or dissolve) the burr, and move on to other dream vistas and adventures.

I am rambling here, but I think the point is that in both the dream world and the waking world taken as a combined unit, we have a volitional choice as to how directly we analyze and process our ever-forward meandering path through both of these worlds. That is to say, we all dream, we all live in the waking world as well, but do we see these two states as being combined? Do we see these two states as being like two people, perhaps each speaking a different language? And do we see these states, waking, and its counterpart, dreaming, as switching positions at different times? Have you had "waking dreaming", or have you ever dreamed you were awake? Yes, of course, for the horse of your subconscious is tricky, and stubborn, and yet very very helpful to you as the rider, if you are aware of its communication with you.

Erhm, there are herbal ways to reduce dreaming, however. So if your dreams get to you, then investigate herbal remedies that can surpress the dream-recall. I enjoy not dreaming, but I always anticipate my dreams because they make me feel strong and powerful. But sometimes a person doesn't want to dream that they are powerful. Perhaps that is why your own dream shows you as being in the "left behind" group? I think it's quite healthy to imagine one self in that "left behind" position, because it does call up very powerful questions in us. Questions such as, "Why did I get left behind?" and also "Does this mean I am "bad" or does it mean that I am just not gullible enough to be useful?" ...One imagines that in an unparalleled situation as 'rapture', the global experience of the mystery, would produce some very interesting dreams, and some very interesting waking moments. But you know, even when some crazy Battlefield Earth type shaznatt happens, everyone will still dream, and their dreams will provide solutions and answers. Like when that one NSA dude had a dream which suddenly told him how to crack the Japanese code, way back in the early days of codebreakers. You'll find many examples of dreams producing a solution. That solution, would be like reaching under the horse blanket and feeling the burr, and pulling it out. Imagine how happy your subconscious would be when you wake up and yell, "Eureka! I've got it!"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
ATS has so many levels, only you can say which parts you have found of interest and have embedded these thoughts inadvertently.

I do know from experience that ATS is not always the culprit in such processes. Internally we have a ton of work to do and so deep inside you are preparing for the future because you need to; it doesn't mean this is the reality that will take place, but if this reality did happen you would need to be prepared. So enjoy the dreams while they are there as a means to expressing this within you; now you know how to react in the situation.

I would consider reaching for that "higher power" within and asking for forgiveness and accepting a "hand" in your affairs. It doesn't mean you have to get baptized or turn into some religious crazy, but work on those things you need to account for. Think back to times when you perhaps overstepped that line that could have effected others and ask for forgiveness from your "Higher Source". Then see where your dreams lead you!

If you are without the need for Forgiveness then perhaps you do need to play out this sort of post-rapture scenario because likely that is where you will find yourself.

Good luck, and Bless yourself every day, be good to yourself and those around you! Your future is yours and yours alone!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If you spend any length of time either here, playing games or reading books it's going to start influencing dreams. It's no biggie until the weight of them start to take over rational thought.
I've had odd dreams for years even without ATS - Cant say I've had a rapture one yet though. Three most notable ones were:

A shark hiding in an elevator eating people when I was 6. (I'd just seen Jaws)

Going outside to watch fireworks when I was 8, only to look up and instead of fireworks people were aghast at the sky full of swirling galaxies looking real close. (Probably the first time I had a sense of vertigo in a dream).
Last biggie about a year ago I was standing on top of a huge white tower (Think Lord of the rings high) with the wind in my face. All of a sudden I starts feeling weird and look down expecting to see the landscape. Instead I was looking down at the stormy grey bilious sky and as I looked up in panic the stormy grey sea fell upon the tower - Next thing I know I'm swimming through the waters bottom quite merrily like a mermaid investigating a beautiful ancient city in ruins.

All oddness - but no rapture or nirbiru doom dreams yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think your dream is a wake-up call to you personally or you are at risk of being "left behind".

I have a deep faith in God/Jesus, but I don't go to church. Not because I don't believe in worshiping at a church, it's my life seems to be so busy, I just don't have time to go (excuse).

I was not living like I should earlier this year. I had a lucid dream similar to yours that impacted me greatly. I am talking about a dream that wasn't a dream, but very different than anything I've experienced.

In the "dream" there was chaos and people were coming into the city and trying to find stone (brick/slate) homes. I was in this type of home and there was wall-to-wall people inside. I knew we were all going to die as there wasn't enough food, water or toilets for the hundreds of people crammed inside my house. Outside there were millions of people walking outside without provisions. It's as if they were all living normal lives and something happened to cause them to flee to where I was seeing them. People were starting to be very angry and evil in nature, picking fights with weaker people. Nobody seemed to know why they had this overwhelming urge to migrate without provisions to this city. Nobody was sure if it was a worldwide event, or isolated to that area only. I was thinking there was going to be a nuclear war and people thought they would be safer in stone buildings. A male started to call out a sin of mine in public and I knew I would be killed by the others. I asked him not to do that and then I went outside and met up with a couple. I asked them if this was the Second Coming of Christ and they said "YES". I had a feeling Jesus already came and what was left were sinners, angry and evil people. My dream ended at this point.

I've since tried to get my life in order so I am not knowingly sinning. The dreams impact on me was that I need to prepare for Jesus's arrival so I am not left behind.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa

[...]

I've since tried to get my life in order so I am not knowingly sinning. The dreams impact on me was that I need to prepare for Jesus's arrival so I am not left behind.

Powerful stuff.

And how do you prepare for that? I mean, based on the idea that dreams present challenges for us, how has your adjustment (to prepare for Jesus) caused the dream, to then be different?

Have you had subsequent dreams that indicate you are now on a different path, or that your subconscious is giving you newer and new challenges?

In my case, I've had no such dreams, or not recalled them. But my lady friend had a dream where she and I were on a ship that had a glass ceiling, and was lazily floating at maybe 50k feet, just drifting. On the ship, we were apparently in charge of a bunch of kids along with a few other families with adults and so on. Kinda like the film "Knowing" I guess, so her imagery was that we were with the kids, taken from Earth and she saw us being on that ship. She said the ship had a river inside it, and that the river flowed, to purify the air, so the vessel she described had sunlight, flowing water and clean air, sorta like a giant bubble I guess (?). She said everyone would generally congregate and observe as occasionally the water would rush like a torrent within the ship, and overflow the banks of a beach, and she explained that we all understood this to be the cycle by which the air within the ship is purified, so everyone gathers to watch the river swell and then to watch the sand become dry again. Later, the ship landed and we got out and formed groups to scavenge stuff from neighborhoods totally devoid of humans. I said "Hmm, were we afraid?" and she said "No, everyone was just gone, we felt no threats, just the new confusion of "well now what?" and we just foraged for medicine in empty houses and we try to rebuild a life with all the rest of the people.

So when I heard this dream I thought, "Hmm. Weird." But I haven't made any plans, though I wonder to myself what it means to her. See, she believes it's a vision. She didn't mention Jesus being there.

I myself enjoy hearing about visions, but can I say that I expect this to happen? Hmm, well I think Jesus will hide himself a little better in the future.

I mean if you look at history, the dude is basically like a ninja, so I do not expect him to show up and say "Hello I am Jesus." So my faith is in the delight of mystery, being the question and the solution, at the same time. Just as Jesus would answer trick questions with an even trickier question. That's what makes me like him, he put all the onus back on us, to explain our own questions. He was constantly shutting people down, but simultaneously raising them up in a new way. Like when he tells everyone to STFU and brings a child over and says "This kid is at the front of the line for heaven, and if you want to even get in line, you need to be more like him, not your own silly ideas and notions, which don't mean anything to God." Well, I am paraphrasing Jesus here but you get the point: He liked mystery and he would preserve a mystery before he'd wreck one. My two semi-lucid cents.
edit on 11-7-2011 by smallpeeps because: splng

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ha thanks alot guys,

Most of you have put my minds to ease... so have gave me a few questions to think about...

it always worries me talking about things like this as there is the standard view you are nuts when you talk about dreams,

maybe my body/mind was telling me i think i have sinned enough that if it happens (which i dont think it will) i will be left behind, maybe it was telling me that i believe if i am left behind i could survive..

surley if it happened people would survive on earth? not everyone but those who make the effort... would this be a chance to repent? to survive and prove your worth?

Anyway, appreaciate the replies folks

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
surley if it happened people would survive on earth? not everyone but those who make the effort... would this be a chance to repent? to survive and prove your worth?

I'd say that if such a thing happened, there'd quickly be dudes saying "We all deserved it so kneel you sinnerz!!!" and so forth. Example of this would be the Hollywodd film "Children of Men" where you have the flagellation crew, the kneeling crew, etc. All new-era christians for the post-hope world where no more children are around. They'd beat themselves and so on.

But in all nightmares, a switch in the dreamscape is only one lucid moment away. So if Earth becomes hell, you can still aim yourself at 'heaven'. Never buy in to hopelessness because there's too much money in doom to ever really believe doom, you see? Hope is cheap, and free.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

[...]

Powerful stuff.

And how do you prepare for that? I mean, based on the idea that dreams present challenges for us, how has your adjustment (to prepare for Jesus) caused the dream, to then be different?

Have you had subsequent dreams that indicate you are now on a different path, or that your subconscious is giving you newer and new challenges?

What shook me is how the sin was called out in front of everyone. The way it was said, freaked me out. I have never before or since had a dream like this. It troubled me for days afterwards and still does to this day. I was playing with fire and acting like nobody (on Earth) knew what I was doing....wrong.

I've since taken a moral inventory of my life and made one big change as well as one other change.

I was preparing for any upcoming disaster when it hit me, I can not be prepared enough (is 3 months or 1 yr of supplies necessary)? I made a choice to prepare for a few months and get my moral life in order. That is the best preparedness I can do.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

What shook me is how the sin was called out in front of everyone. The way it was said, freaked me out. I have never before or since had a dream like this. It troubled me for days afterwards and still does to this day. I was playing with fire and acting like nobody (on Earth) knew what I was doing....wrong.

I've since taken a moral inventory of my life and made one big change as well as one other change.

I was preparing for any upcoming disaster when it hit me, I can not be prepared enough (is 3 months or 1 yr of supplies necessary)? I made a choice to prepare for a few months and get my moral life in order. That is the best preparedness I can do.

Yes, what is the saying "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"? And yet what about that one "The Kingdom of God is within you"? Hmm, perhaps the Kingdom is within us, but glory.. Hmm, glory. Sounds like something a soldier seeks, by falling on a hand grenade.

As for preparedness, yeah, it's never enough. I've got a bunch of rice and I have plans for water storage and I have suitable inverter to turn 12 volt DC into 110 which runs the rice cooker and crock pot (low wattage devices) and I figure it'll never be enough. I see all my neighbors with nothing and I figure it'll be hell to try and feed just their kids, let alone the adults. But hey, I will always still try to grab an extra bag of rice, on principle. When SHTF, all you can do it prepare internally first, then externally second. So internally your dreams will show you the way to be strong inside, for the people who will look to you for strength. Externally, your dreams may clue you in to some specific prep you might choose to do.

In the end, I appreciate the saying "Men plan, and the gods laugh." And yet, if we didn't plan, how else would we entertain these same gods? I am also thinking of the Bagavad Gita which says "Prayer nourishes the gods" so perhaps our silly dreams and prep and Internet typings are like silly ambrosia for the spirit world? Like we are a bunch of kids running around with pots on our heads, banging sticks together --stupid and hopeless, yet very cute. I think if humanity survives, it'll be because someone thinks we are cute. Cuteness to me, is the divine truth all around us. Kittens for example, are a priori, hard to resist. So perhaps humans can continue to cute-up and thereby convince the gods/ET that we are entertaining enough, if dumb? I am hopeful for that, and I strive every day to be as cute as I can be.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

i want to ask my fellow ATS'ers the ones who post about dreams, the ones who see the end of the world, and the ones who at times dont know about lucid dreaming and cannot tell the difference between reality and dream world, could ATS and other peoples thoughts be infecting you/us/me?

Absolutely. Ever heard of the collective unconsciousness? Human mind/consciousness is a vast energy field. When you are born into the world, you have a default connection. Some go through life using just that connection just fine, these work at menial jobs and have little education or learning, and find it difficult even to hold a conversation. Some build on that connection. Forming new connection beside the original. Some enhance their connections so much that they are known as geniuses. This is all part of the plan. Not everyone is at the same level of consciousnesses and evolution, and not all Souls are Old Souls, some are in fact pretty new. There is a constant recycling of Soul material, when a human "dies," their Spirit leaves the body. An evolved Spirit may move on to a higher level, another planet in the Galaxy, or another Universe altogether. An Evolved Spirit may elect to stay here on Earth. A young Spirit is usually not able to accumulate enough knowledge and evolve enough in just a few lifetimes, it takes hundreds, maybe thousands of lifetimes to learn all that Life has to offer.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Dreams do not predict the future any way what so ever.
Dreams are usually created from something that you have been thinking about a lot lately or the main reason its just how our brain processes and presents certain things going on in your life atm into a bit dramatic motion picture.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you have ever had a bad trip and hallucinated, imagine that phenomenon, only on a global scale.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

ATS has never caused any apocalyptic visions or dreams for me, I used to, however, be absolutely terrified of the rapture.

As a kid I was raised a fundamentalist and taught that the Rapture was imminent. Any day now we'd be whisked away to heaven but, if you had any sin you hadn't yet repented of, you'd be left behind. The idea absolutely terrified me as a teen especially because the list of things that constituted sins according to my parents included swearing, thinking about sex, and touching oneself in a sexual way. Those are three things that essentially every teenage boy does and so I spent my teen years mortified.

I often had disturbing dreams where my siblings and parents were taken in the rapture and I was left behind to suffer the tribulation and most likely end up in Hell. When 911 happened I was in eigth grade, the first vague reports came to us over the PA system as "Something has happened in New York, it may effect the entire East Coast."... We were told nothing else, I thought for sure this was the rapture, my head was spinning and I felt sick. When it was finally explained to us that hijacked planes were flown into the twin towers my reaction, instead of sadness or horror, was one of RELIEF.

So I can sympathize with vivid dreams of the rapture, even after I lost my faith in Christianity it took a while for irrational fears like that to wear off. So hopefully if you visit some of the nicer more friendly forums here on ATS you won't have any more of those dreams.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is no, and will not be any Rapture. It was invented by a man maned Darby. I made a post on this not too long ago.
Conspiracy: The Rapture Doctrine

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join