It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone hacking: 9/11 victims 'may have had mobiles tapped by News of the World reporters'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Phone hacking: 9/11 victims 'may have had mobiles tapped by News of the World reporters'

www.mir ror.co.uk

DESPERATE Rupert Murdoch yesterday flew to London to try to save his ­crumbling empire.

He arrived in a cowboy-style hat to be hit by claims News of the World reporters hacked the phones of 9/11 victims.

Murdoch held talks with News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks, amid fears nine staff and three cops may face jail.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well, if this is true, then the Murdoch empire could well be crumbling. He's dumped the hot potoato that is the NoTW, in a desperate bid to save a few asses. But I don't think there's going to be any escaping this one. (if it's true, and I don't doubt that, these reporters are low enough scum to do this)

And to add a very odd angle to this, on sept 11 2001, a few hours after the attacks on the world trade center, a young reporter was told to dress up as Harry Potter, and to come in and do a conference dressed up as Harry Potter.

Last week, Charles Begley, the News of the World's former Harry Potter correspondent, revealed his humiliation at being required to impersonate the schoolboy wizard.

His breaking point came on the afternoon of September 11, when he was summoned to the office of the editor Rebekah Wade and rebuked for not being "in character". Begley, then 29, was told to appear in full Potter regalia at the next day's news conference. He parted ways with the paper a few weeks later and is now considering legal action against his former employers. (His initial claim was turned down because he had been on staff for only six months.)

Begley's account was this week dismissed by Stuart Kuttner, the tabloid's managing editor, as "deeply flawed". In a letter to this paper, he said that his former reporter was a "fantasist" and Ms Wade had "made no request" for Begley to "parade as Harry Potter".

And now? As if by magic - a tape recording of conversations between Begley and senior NoW executives has suddenly "apparated" at Telegraph Towers. . .

the full transcript is on the link.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.mir ror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This seems to be getting worsen every-time, I read about this.

Not only did the Officer who was in charge of the original investigation into this, admitting, he failed, to see any other evidence, or was lied to. Whom I may add has refused to resign. In my opinion he should go.

Now 9/11 victims phones might have been tapped.

This just adds to it, or is someone stirring the pot, trying to force the government to introduce statutory legislation.

Seems to me they want to censor the internet. What a great way of doing so, so they can stop people such as you or myself, or anyone else from leaking out information.

I smell a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I find this thread to be extremely plausible and most likely completely true, but as always, I see things a little differently in the world of conspiracies and wish to add some thoughts to this thread for the sake of expanding the thought process regarding the surveillance of victims and survivors cell phones.

While tapping the cell phones of 9/11 victims and survivors appears benign and overly insensitive to the victims, I feel many will miss other possible reasons for tapping the 9/11 victims cell phones. I mean, just ask yourself, what motivations would prompt anyone to tap the 9/11 victims phones? Early news stories just do not make sense to do such a thing.

Were they looking for terrorist links or were they looking and monitoring for insider witnesses and anyone who could threaten the security of the overall 9/11 operation from being discovered and even discussed among each other?

NYFD, NYPD, and many others I have no doubt were all monitored and are perhaps still being monitored for such concerns along with anyone who might pose a threat to discovery of the 911 truth.

In the world of conspiracy where 9/11 is indeed a conspiracy committed by those with no regard for human life, I honestly believe that the purpose of tapping the phones was for reasons that few will mention or think about.

In my mind, tapping the victims and survivors phones was not the only group of cell phones tapped. In fact, I feel that the whole nation by means of NSA super computers were listening to all the cell phones that were first tagged with those GPS markers located in the vicinity of the Twin Towers and anyone on the receiving end of any cell phone or land line calls made from ground zero during the attacks. In fact this surveillance would have also be extended into emails for all those so identified.

In such a way, they could identify anyone or any group of individuals that saw or were getting ready to say something that monitoring the cell phones would have alerted the criminals that committed 9/11 and this would have been needed to protect the cover of all those involved.

Such surveillance insurance, prompted by the attacks of 9/11 ushered in the Patriot Act and with it the subtle means for the government to monitor the whole world if necessary to monitor where 9/11 leaks were occurring and mostly to identify all those that were key witnesses or who observed first hand evidence of matters that while not totally understood, still saw what they saw and as such, these people would of course pose the greatest threat to being discovered.

I see this operation as a highly coordinated intelligence operation involving many people, multiple Nation States over many years to maintain the silence of the truth regarding 9/11 and who actually was responsible.

I contend that long before the Patriot Act was authorized that such surveillance and monitoring actions for the sake of national security had to be implemented. Those in the know, knew they would have to monitor all the GPS, cell phones and anyone associated with those phones to ensure no vital or key conspiratorial information was revealed or followed up on.

This could also help to explain whey so many witnesses started dying of all kinds of strange reasons or accidents and even suicides.

While super computers listening were coded with key words, 911, conspiracy, evidence, witnessed and more, these coded special tags would have alerted the government to anyone that might be a possible problem for them and their criminal actions.

While Rupert Murdock and others clearly show that they and other government agencies were using surveillance techniques on those associated with 9/11, why they were doing so is what seldom gets discussed.

While many will see this surveillance and a measure used by media types to obtain early news stories, I contend that is merely a cover for the true reason that surveillance of 9/11 victims phones had to be monitored.

Anyone's wife, children, business associates, religious leaders, NYFD, NYPD, anyone that the computers tagged as a threat were and probably are still being monitored as a means of insurance to protect those insiders using the NSA, CIA, FBI, and other agencies to deceive the public about the true criminals who perpetrated 911.

Think what you like, but surveillance of the 9/11 cell phones was protection for the insiders, plain and simple. The use of State sponsored Intelligence agencies to perform surveillance on the survivors and others shows this concern. In my mind this act clearly shows a need to keep an eye on anyone that could cause a future problem or disclosure.

Once someone is identified as future problem, well, this where most likely those Dick Cheney assassination teams were applied to ensure the secrecy needed to prevent 911 discovery and or disclosure from anyone turning over vital evidence or finding religion about the day in question and wanting to die with a clean soul.

If Murdoch and others can be shown to have been cooperating with 911 insiders while conducting cell phone surveillance of 911 victim survivors, then Murdoch along with his co-conspirators need to face the piper and I don't mean Sunday.

While this surveillance practice of monitoring the survivors began with 911, since then they have learned they can do and learn so much from listening to key people about key matters. It is this knowledge that keeps the surveillance going because to cease it, poses a danger to the overall conspirators.

Plain and simple in my mind, but then again, I see things differently so if you don't like my premise or theory, just chalk up my brain thoughts to increased electromagnetic influences on the human brain from Comet Elenin, Planet X, Nibiru or whatever is coming our way on the anniversary of 911, specifically Sept. 11, 2011 when all the new fun, will no doubt begin again.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I quite agree with you with you theory, over these phone hacking allegations. But one thing will he be made to face the lone piper, money brings power. Maybe he thinks he can buy anyone off. After all he just sacked over 300 workers to safe just 1 person. Whom going by reports was at the center of it all. A the mother of the girl whose phone was hacked and messages deleted from it said. Brookes needs to stand down, and take responsibility for what the now dead news off the world did.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I think you just may be on to something there; Murdoch and his English executive looked way too smug yesterday with plenty of smiles.....thats when it hit me something else is going on.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Actually that was his son or her you mean brookes. Hmm' s didn't she just, supposingly she has offered her resignation twice, Do not believe that for one second. Now there are rumours flying about he wants to oust all his newspaper companies and concentrate of getting his hand on BSKYB. Which will take longer with his bid now being referred to the competition commission.

I just hope they do not allow him to gain this company.

The more the allegations that are coming out, with regards to hacking and now trying to gain acess to individuals bank accounts or their families medical records, the bigger the storm is becoming over this.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This seems to getting deep justr herd on the news that gordon brown phone was hacked and his other personal information . I think this will be just the tip of the iceberg .

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
These hacking victims should hit Murdock and News Corporation with a class-action lawsuit. If the spineless politicians won't stand up to him then hit him in the pocketbooks.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well out of the four thousand, who have been hacked, only 170, if im correct in saying have been contacted. This criminal activity of the Murdoch Empire has a long way to go. Yes Im correct here is a snippet from this morning, quite interesting questioning off the Police officers involved in this disgusting and ridiculous spectacle.

Under her lead, detectives are in the process of contacting nearly 4,000 people whose personal details were stored by private investigator Glenn Mulcaire. But Ms Akers told MPs so far only 170 people had been informed that their personal details were in the documentation.

She confirmed to the committee that the material gathered by police contains 3,870 first and second names. There are 5,000 landline phone numbers and 4,000 mobile phone numbers.

BBC NEWS

What I find more disgusting, is those police officers who headed the original investigation, do not think they have done anything wrong. So those who think it is just US Police Officers whom are corrupt, the UK Police Officers are just as bad, Also what find astonishing, was one of the Officers admitted he had Dinner with, people from news international, then after he left his job as a police officer, he was given a job, as a journalist, by news international. Beggars believe,

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is without a doubt one of the most important news stories in recent times.

This is a conspiracy theorists wet dream!

Murdoch is finished in the UK, someone who only last week was considered untouchable is now shedding powerful friends as quickly as his stock is plummeting. He is toxic there at the moment, no doubt his remaining UK newspapers (they are loss making papers in regards to profit, but highly powerful for exerting his power) will be sold or closed wiping out his power over politicians & the police. If this spreads to News Corp in the US (which it is, yet only a trickle at present) we could be witnessing the end of Murdoch completely. This may appear unlikely, but is certainly possible if the last 2 weeks is anything to go by.

But without a doubt this saga will change UK politics forever. Any conspiracy theorist worth their salt should eat this up & know it inside out.

Secret meetings between Murdoch & the UK prime minister David Cameron, which were not recorded as they took place in Cameron's private apartment.

Private jets flying Cameron to Murdoch's yacht as "a gift".

Gordon Brown refused Murdoch's request / demand to reform OFCOM (The independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries.) Murdoch subsequently dumped his support for Brown & backed Cameron, less than a year later Cameron delivers a speech proposing the reformation of OFCOM (which would greatly benefit Murdoch & News International).

The bribing of police not only for information but for dumping an investigation into News International phone hacking.

Politicians of all parties in the UK being just too afraid of the Murdoch Empire that they dare not say a word against him.

One of the original investigating police officers having dinner with Murdoch while the investigation was ongoing. His excuse? It would have "raised suspicions" if he didn't have dinner with him!

It is a rapidly expanding story & is only just beginning. Imagine this expands to Fox News in the US, what would you imagine could come out of that? To be a fly on the wall in Murdoch's office while his empire is crumbling around him!

It is amazing stuff, seeing a media titan fall so hard, so quickly.
edit on 12-7-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by marker3221 because: editing

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And to be honest, I'm baffled why this isn't on the top page of ATS

Following & spreading a story like this is where ATS shines. We are seeing a huge conspiracy that reaches the elite being blown wide open.

JAK

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

Just a quick FYI.

This topic is also being discussed in a thread here: The British Conspiracy that has it ALL...... Phone Hacking, Corporations, Police Collusion...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Excellant. I was searching under Murdoch / phone hacking / News International etc. This other thread didn't show, thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Murdoch showed no remorse in an interview with the New York Times, the guy has no morals whatsoever.

I strongly believe in Karma, as they say what goes around comes around, so watch your back Mr Murdoch.

new topics

top topics

join