It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO NOT sign up for Anonymous it is a trap. I think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I recently watched the new anon video and it raised a question. If the group is anonymous why would they want you to sign up. It seems like a government ploy to see who would stand and fight and get those names on a list. what do you think?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theblackirish7

I think this thread is more of a trap then anything else. Do you have any evidence to support your claims? Maybe link as a video or a source?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Please delete this thread before you get laughed at.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

at the end of this video it asks you to go www.whatistheplan.forumotion.com and sign up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

you obviously have no idea what Anonymous is

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AreaJerm

why is this a laughable idea ? TPTB create this group to flush all the people who are getting tired of all the BS.
what has anon done a couple of DDos attacks , some videos that get your heart pumping and were to trust them.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

you think your mom and dad are out to get you too?

did you even check the site mentioned? you dont need to enter any personal info to sign up. It's just a forum for people to plan protests. Non-violent protests aimed to educate the public on the fact that their civil rights are being repressed. Now, why would our good ol' gov'ment want people to spread the word that they are suppressing our rights?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

go to their site and read the front page - you don't need to sign up for that - then come back and voice an educated opinion of their aims - rather than your understanding of the word anonymous

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

who is listing to anon right now.........the fringe of socity the people who are awake the people who know what is going on. If I was with TPTB I would want to know who thoes people are.
the website they want you to go to can track IP address

my mom and dad huh because I question the almighty anonymous I must be a paranoid schizophic

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

The OP has a point...
im not saying Annon in there script kiddie wisdom havnt created the site so you can actually discuss what to do next to overthrow the government...

but take a step back.... One poster asked why the government would do that... why wouldnt they... has every poster so far really got to the stage that they are so sure of Annon they are over looking basic facts?? you dont need to sign up with personal info to be cataloged... you have an IP addy, issued by the ISP the ISP hold your data on your personal info and the government is privey to said info... i mean it really wouldnt be that "far out" for the government to be able to do that...

and why would they do it?? because if you herd everyone in the same place an monitor there convo's there ISP's etc. you can get ring leaders... you can see whats being said, whats being planned.

People can argue with me about the intent of Annon all day, i have made it clear in other posts, i DO NOT believe Annon have been involved with everything they have taken credit/been given credit for....

i dont doubt there are some hackers out there who are totally into fighting the power... if Annon really really cared about it, there would be alot more productive ways to use some of there ( a few are gifted on PC's, but only a few) abilities to actually "stick it to the man" like a good chess player... and that the moment they sseem to be just moving round the board without trying to take the king, its like watching an amatuer.

I am not saying dont sign up and dont give them your IP addy etc... all im saying is the OP has a right to be worried about it, and for such enlightened people (as ATS is full of) there seems to be alot of needless trust put in a group which can and is anyone.......

afterall they are Anonymous!
edit on 11-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Why when someone goes against Annon on here, asks questions from an informed point of view do people clam up... are they worried about Annon's thoughts on the matter... are they Annon themselves??

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblackirish7
reply to post by deanGI5

who is listing to anon right now.........the fringe of socity the people who are awake the people who know what is going on. If I was with TPTB I would want to know who thoes people are.
the website they want you to go to can track IP address

nar they just use the ATS subscribers list - if you think any data accessible via the Internet is secure you may need a slightly wider perspective on things.
Those passwords that take years for a cpu to crack can be done with a gpu in minutes.
If you believe TPTB have more advanced tech than is in the public market then no data is safe.
You know all us telephone calls and such are recorded by the UK in order to get around privacy laws in the states?
The US do the same for UK data. the UK analyse the US data and inform the US of any threats and vice versa.

Don't think for a minute your not on the # list for subscribing to ATS when the # goes down, so do we.
once this is accepted the only reason for not participating is cowardice, though people will claim otherwise in order to protect their ego.

"i'm not being a coward i'm just being smart" - yeah right..

edit on 1111/7/11 by BobbyShaftoe because: added the vid

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Whatis-theplan.org is pretty much used for "planning" operations. Last time I was on that site there were only around 80 members or so. My advice to anyone who accesses sites like that, or worse, should download and configure the Tor client. I use it with nix but I am pretty sure there are versions for windows. Firefox even has an extension. The reason I recommend that is because I wouldn't want my ip address being logged and flagged, since it's static. So I don't think you are right, but I don't think you are wrong either. Better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
WARNING WARNING WARNING : this video is not from the real ANON it's dis information.

1) In the video it states they irradicated scientology. WRONG! I live three miles from a huge Scientololgy complex. It's called NARCO NON. it's in arrowhead state park in canadian Oklahoma. Trust me it's scientology fortress. Operates as a detox. Have spoken with former and current employees. What NARCONON calls detox is really Scientology brainwashing and programming.

2) If they are anon or anonoymous ....why are they having a site where they can post videos and be tracked?

3) why would they want to endanger you by association by having you visit thier website or youtube account to have your IP logged and tracked? Dont think they would hand you a big red flag to start waving.

4) WHAT THE HECK KINDA CHANGE IS SITTING THERE DOING NOTHING GOING TO BRING?

this is my very first post. Ive been looking into father crepi's artifact collection and it keeps bringing me here for info so started reading posts and saw this ANON thing. watched the video and just cant let people blatantly lie to the masses if i can help it. was a former military video journalist and wont help the powers that be lie any more. Just a lil critical thinking goes along way folks.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I had the same thought. Paranoid or not, I have to wonder if the site is not a trap. Something doesn't smell right. Anonymous, and WikiLeaks know very well that open internet connections are not secure. This site allows me to log in using TOR, hiding my IP Address. The whatistheplan.org site does not. Their explanation is

"Unfortunately, TOR conflicts with the security scripts on the site and will not allow you to log in with programs like TOR. There is nothing we can do to change it. However, there is nothing illegal about this site and by accessing it you are not doing anything wrong/illegal. There is quite honestly no reason to have to hide your identity while accessing this community."

Right. If I want any security on the web, I DO NOT WANT "scripts" to run when visiting this (or other 'untrusted') site. Be careful. We know there are powerful people out there who want to know who is "the enemy" of their corrupt power games.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ATS may have started with good intentions.
but now the THEM use it to colect names.
and mess with are heads.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It could be a false flag operation.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I completely agree with this, anonymous has no central platform, no specific single site or forum, no specific single representative or spokesperson.
It is anonymous.
Then along comes this guy on youtube, using a voice changer and wearing a mask, and starts to say hes from anonymous?
Then directs people to sign up at a forum where you can not use a proxy, and which is registered to domains by proxy.
This is either just some opportunist trying to get emails and subscribers to market stuff.
Or possibly some extremist trying to use the Anonymous notoriety to gain followers.
Or a government operation designed to trap people.
It is bizarre that only myself and a few others have seen through this.
I guess that's the general population of sheep for you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
When asking thie question if Anonymous was a goverment program ? One would have to look at many different variables. First if it was a govement progam the sole purpose would be to seek out the rebels in rebels in our society. This information could help the goverment research, and control the on coming revolution by taking out the seeds of the whole entire plan. For a conspirtor this would seem to be a good enoough reason. But in reality it doesn't make since. If the goverment was Anonymous why would they wanna spread the word about the movement ? Seeing how major news broadcasting sites have neglected to share any information about wallstreet like its an imaginary thing that isn't currently happening just comes to show you that the goverment doesn't want to get this information out. And all you could say well then they can check URL addresses these video's one can be uploaded from out of the country and by the time you traced them you would be # out of luck in finding this person. and 2 how many public libraries do you know if your really concerned about what your saying on the site or uploading a video go to a computer thats for public use away from camera's. I understand your effort in questioning the truth about the internet being a source that could come back and bite you in the end. Most people don't realize that the biggest search engine GOOGLE was created my former CIA employees and if you don't think the goverment has computers in check to constantly survey whats being searched well your clearily missed informed. Anonymous however encourages you to question whats accepted, seeing how you question the truth in who they really are just shows that your on the right track with the way you mind is processing information. But in my own personal opinion i feel that Anonymous is nothing more then what it seems. Out smarting the goverment is really easy you just have to know the rules of the game. You see ignorance is there most powerful weapon and our weakest attribute. Knowing laws is the most powerful weapon you can have in this country. Though laws are starting to be neglected and that's the reasoning anonymous has claimed war. knowledge isn't enough anymore equality means being equal, but in reality in this system of goverment we live in equality is just a dream. we all have rights just people with more money have more rights than others. Corporations controlling business rights, and yet some believe corpoation's idea's are the entities that make up our goverment goverment. Anonymous is spreading the word about these issues and problems with our goverment and wallstreet. I doubt the goverment would want to risk starting a social revolution just to find the rebels out there

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
well bigirish i think if the government dont know about this site already they will soon and when they do your ip address is logged here.so sign up and help i say

top topics

join