It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As a former LEO I do not understand the officers removing the lady who had the floor according to the Mayor. When I had to attend town hall meetings as police security, I personally would have never removed a person speaking once they had the floor, UNLESS the Mayor advised me to do so. The members of the board did not have the authority to do so. Only the Mayor has that authority, as he runs the meetings. The only person in charge at a town hall meeting in North Carolina, as far as I know, is the Mayor.

The posters above are right in that we as American citizens should have militias, especially in these smaller towns. Thomas Jefferson said it right when he said

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

And this from John F Kennedy:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IThinkTooMuch

are all law enforcement officers in nc on the same page as you?

if so i may seriously reconsider my current residence.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've attended probably more than my share of public meetings as a city employee.

The lady in the video was speaking during public comment, which is usually held at the end of the council meeting. While I have seen some people removed because of length/subject matter, I have never...EVER seen someone removed so quickly. In the video, you can clearly see the person BEFORE her ending their public comment, and hers was just starting.

What this looks like to anyone who's attended plenty of council meetings is a citizen who's about to talk about some things that the police, as well as one of the council members, doesn't want anyone to hear about.

Regardless of what that is, Mayor and Council should have at least given her the opportunity to speak her mind. That didn't happen. It's a shame, that town really needs help.

Also, I decided to go online and find contact info, and their site has exceeded bandwidth!
What, are they using a GeoCities site from the 90's still?! Haha!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Maybe they can have a recall election due to the failure of the council to uphold their constituents rights.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Quartzite is a very small town, I cant even believe it made the news.... I wish this had been a large town somewhere, it might stand a better chance at some recognition. Love Quartzite myself and was surprised that this was going on, I never even knew they had a city council....last I was there in 2008 it was nearly dead, maybe its changed now. I hope whatever happens they win their fight...Power to the people !!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Here is Quartzsite, for anyone who's interested
www.google.com... CBwQsAQ&biw=1251&bih=626

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Out of curiosity though, why would we go down the road of offical capacity as opposed to security?

Your "chain of command" comment got me thinking about it. If the officer was hired by the city manager and/or council to provide security at the event, then chain of command would have been out the window and the officer would have been perfectly justified ignoring the mayor and ignoring is own opinions and just removing the rowdy party crasher.

One of my companies uses a lot of police security, they arrive in uniform, with patrol cars, and barricades, and they look and act like official police presence, but in reality they are on our payroll not the city's, and we might have different priorities than their usual public service ones. As you say, if anything significant happens, they radio in for on-duty officers, and those are the officers that make arrests or citations. The public doesn't normally know the difference.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
it is the matrix of control trying to keep its grip on this reality while the freedom and sovereignty is breaking free from it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why is everyone there so self-righteous?

Everyone should just calm down. Absolutely astonishing. I guess this is just a culture clash - I don't ever see other nations portrayed in this way. They're all so scared of misinformation, power and who it is with, losing their rights etc.

Just open your mind, relax and float down the stream.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

This is chump-change.

Look at what the Republicans have done in Michigan. The GOP dominated legislature gave GOP Gov Snyder the power to declare any county, city, school or other governmental district insolvent and to appoint an Emergency Manager (aka Czar) who has the authority to not only remove elected officials like mayors & councilmen from office but to sell off that organization's assets to their corrupt Corporatist allies. About the only place you hear the story is on MSNBC (so much for the liberal media theory it's the Corporatist media through & through). And if the KochGOPTea have their way Michigan's new brand of fascism will soon be coming to a state, county and town near you.

Oh BTW last November the former Mayor of Farmers Branch Texas not only had a speaker before the council removed but had the cops remove all citizens from the council chamber. Reason: he didn't like what they were saying. The Citizen crime that got them thrown out of the Council chamber? They didn't want their public library outsourced.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IThinkTooMuch

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

Would you source the Jefferson quote please with a context explanation? Thanks in Advance

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The mayor is on the Alex Jones show and says that the reason they are going after him is the money he uncovered going to unnamed individuals.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Xcathdra

Out of curiosity though, why would we go down the road of offical capacity as opposed to security?

One of my companies uses a lot of police security, they arrive in uniform, with patrol cars, and barricades, and they look and act like official police presence, but in reality they are on our payroll not the city's, and we might have different priorities than their usual public service ones. As you say, if anything significant happens, they radio in for on-duty officers, and those are the officers that make arrests or citations. The public doesn't normally know the difference.

do they carry weapons?
open carry?
what are their limitations of engagement with a public citizen?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Yes they carry their weapons, full uniform, radios, even use city police barricades and equipment. They block city streets, and operate with a command structure, but it is all "contract labor" and is privately financed. In most cases their presence is the only deterrent needed, but if there was ever trouble, they would radio for on-duty officers, and they would try to neutralize and detain until the "police" show up.

The events are permitted through the city, special alcohol licenses, special permitting for using city parks and streets, and then contracted labor through a representative from the police department. The checks are paid directly to the officers as contracted labor, it does not go through the department in any way.

I am told that most police officers in my area will double their normal salary by working off duty gigs. Sports security, fairs, farmer's markets, flea markets, night clubs, large churches, etc. They make a minimum of $35 per hour, more if they bring their vehicle, and even more if it requires several ranks of officers to establish a command.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

Way to avoid the question.. Why complain and not do anything to fix the issue?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Correct me If I am wrong... but what the city council and the police chief are doing is attempting to over throw the local government. Under the guise of a state of emergency. Quartzsite has had no storms, no riots, nothing of that nature so their is no justification to declare a state of emergency unless the city council and the police chief are engaged in a plot to over throw the local government.

WHere is the AZ state national guard to back up Mayor Foster?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Flakey

Well they are the local government, so they arent really overthrowing anyone. As far as the National Guard issue, might be a bit extreme right now since they have not used DPS first.

As far as the state of emergency thats my focus as well. With the curbing on individual rights, as well as the authority that goes to the Chief of Police, I want to know the legal justification for the declaration. Even a power struggle between the Mayor and City Council is not enough to justify a state of emergency.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i dont know if any ones gonna read this far but you cant just start voteing and act like its official the ellects have to sit listen then deside there no removal from the room this is absurde even if it all ends up being some lame religus quoat and or a complet wast of time to the office it happens in all they relay acomplish are letting plants grow paint dry and other things we would just be sitting around waiting for any ways and as for nazies ill be spreadin my hate of this kind of act no matter the size of the state ment conflict or what ever

ill be herd

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I just love all of the town hall idiots just sitting around watching their constitution get raped.
This is exactly why this country is screwed. People just sit around watching it all happen.
We are SOOOOOOOOOO conditioned in this country to respect authoritahhh, and that the police are our friends
that we'll never stand up to them!!!!

As a whole we are the fat lazy apathetic clowns the rest of the world thinks we are.

Our military is the only reason we are even still a player in world politics.

Sadly this goes on every day, in my county it's a daily thing. I made the mistake of putting up a campaign sign for a very qualified LEO running for sheriff, had my liqour license put under review when I've never had a complaint or violation.

The revolution is long overdue.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

NEVER because they are weak

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join