It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why are we surprised? THis is the direction our country has been aimed at since the 60's. And now that the children of the 60's are in charge... we are reaping the rewards of their wisdom.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdeus
Why are we surprised? THis is the direction our country has been aimed at since the 60's. And now that the children of the 60's are in charge... we are reaping the rewards of their wisdom.

Nonsense. If you don't like what's going on around you, then effect change. Whining about how Mummy and Daddy just wrecked everything is so puerile.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Acolyte1

It is easy to blame your shortcomings on others. It is also very immature. Immature is what I see on the part of these young cops in AZ. Perhaps you would feel "at home" in Quartzsite should you wish to relocate. Nevertheless, good luck on becomming an adult...you'll probably need it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Acolyte1

Lighten up, ace.

Baby-boomers weren't perfect nor were they all the same...I was arrested for protesting more than once into the 80's. And, while you seem articulate, there are more than a few in your generation that are High School grads that cannot read or write.

Anyhow, nothing personal, but I'd much rather hear George Carlin rag on us Boomrs than you.

Peace

edit on 11-7-2011 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Interesting video.

Well..... If anyone had any doubts about who really is in control, need not look any further.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Any meeting of elected representatives of this type (city council) cannot meet in secret. They are allowed to have a closed meeting (prohibits public from attending) if its to discuss personell matters. I am not sure if the Mayor would fall under that law though.

If they meet outside of the office and discuss city matters, and there are more than 3 reps present, under Federal Sunshine laws its a defacto meeting.

Any vote taken during a closed session is a matter of public record to the extent of which rep voted which way.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
Not sure if anyone has heard, but the mayor has been voted out and the corrupt police chief is now the temp mayor...talk about going from bad to worse...what isn't the state government or FBI stepping in?

Here's the link news.yahoo.com...

If the Mayor position is elected, the city council cannot remove him from office. Especially since they have already announced a recall vote for August.

If they found a loophole somewhere, then people need to step up pressure and find out whats going on. Prol wouldnt be a bad idea to contact local media and ask them questions abouts whats going on as well to get some added attention.;

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdeus

Nothing like poiunting out the obvious and then giving in without a shot being fired. Out of curiosity are you and some of the others who like to bitch yet not do anything else going to get a clue anytime soon?

You pinpoint th eissue and take action to correct it. You dont point it out, bitch and moan, yell at the sky, surrender and then move on.

Our country is moving in that direction because of people like you who want to complain yet do nothing to fix.

If its all the same, how about you only post if you can identify the problem AND offer suggestions on how to correct it. At least then it owuld be somewhat constructive.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownPhilosopher
Interesting video.

Well..... If anyone had any doubts about who really is in control, need not look any further.

On the contrary.. Why are you ok with just accepting what occured? We are in the situation we are in in several cities specifically because of comment slike yours. You know there is an issue, next step would be to educate yourself and to start taking steps to correct the mistakes these people think they can get away with.

Get involved... vote... hold your elected reps accountible.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
the police motto is right on, it's just that they left the last part of the statement out: " to serve and protect...our own self-interests."

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by UnknownPhilosopher
Interesting video.

On the contrary.. Why are you ok with just accepting what occured? We are in the situation we are in in several cities specifically because of comment slike yours. You know there is an issue, next step would be to educate yourself and to start taking steps to correct the mistakes these people think they can get away with.

Get involved... vote... hold your elected reps accountible.

I dont recall ever stating I was ok with what just happened. Please show me where that was said.

Wow didn't realize my comment was the cause of man's plight

Amazing how you know everything about me, who I am, what I've done, what I'm thinking, etc.

Either your the worlds first mind reader or your just one judmental individual who needs to learn not to assume.

I'm betting on the latter being the case.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Sheesh.... where was the city attorney?? It's his job to keep things like this from occurring. There's a possible lawsuit here, and if the Open Meeting Act has been violated, there's the potential for some jail time.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's got the CIA stench all over it. Hadji Ali grave nearby, Sheriff, a complete moron. Justice up in the air. Walks like a duck.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Everyone should read this link. It clears up alot of questions posted here on ATS, and makes the OP's claims even more astonishing...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The mayor has the right and authority to fire the police chief and all the cops in that town, he can even call in the State police to forcibly remove them. the city counsel is another story all together

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
The mayor has the right and authority to fire the police chief and all the cops in that town, he can even call in the State police to forcibly remove them. the city counsel is another story all together

It depends on how the city government is set up. A Mayor - City Manager setup places the hiring / firing authority with the city manager, not the mayor.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by anumohi

It depends on how the city government is set up. A Mayor - City Manager setup places the hiring / firing authority with the city manager, not the mayor.

the mayor has the ability and authority to fire the city manager, then fire everyone else, the only recourse for them is a lawsuit which would have to come out of their own pockets , not the city.
The reason i know this is because myself and a small investigative team of locals set up a sting on the law enforcement and recorded their open treachery on audio and video at the local gun and pawn, then presented the evidence to the city counsel and the mayor fired the entire police force including the chief..it was a victory I'll never forget against the system

edit on 11-7-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I figure a mayor would have some say with who they can hire or fire from a position, in Guelph another thing is that some of the councilors in my city seem to be in contempt of their jobs, one even using google maps to check out peoples houses since they were complaining about taxes even though they owned two powerboats, the Mayor telling another one of the councilors against the budget she said the councilor was against some sort of code of conduct, and a news story I hope to post soon but it will be a bit off topic unfortunately, but lets say its a colossal waste of time and taxpayer money,

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
DO NOT RESIST THE OFFICER!! DO NOT RESIST!

yeah, isn't that right. And load of good the mayor is doing.

stop. please. officer, sit dow-- officer. please.

Oh well, she may have been arrested for dumb reasons, but now look. Thanks to her there is some very good hard evidence of proof to add to the pile. Maybe one day, it will be used to make a difference

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
DO NOT RESIST THE OFFICER!! DO NOT RESIST!

yeah, isn't that right. And load of good the mayor is doing.

stop. please. officer, sit dow-- officer. please.

Yes, well I don't see much else the mayor could have done, he told them that what they were doing was illegal and that he was supposed to be in-charge of the meeting. And it was another officer which said not to resist the officer, not the mayor, although I agree, resisting the officer is probably what got her the injuries, she should have complied and been easily removed (unless someone else was ready to stand up for her, there were 3 or 4 officers with weapons, and they could easily have tasered her for no reason, so I don't think it was a smart time to resist the illegal arrest.

The town is fairly messed up, but there isn't really that much coming out from there, sure hope that these people go to jail and the corruption is corrected.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join