It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This may or may not be relevant, but I checked out the Quartzite, AZ city home page and clicked on their city code link under 'offenses' and was surprised to see a blank space entitled Reserved for Future Use (11-1-4 or something like that). Perhaps I am naive since I don't bother to read a lot of city codes, but why would they leave blank space in the middle of the code rather than just adding new codes to the last page? Maybe they have an 'offense' in mind but are not ready to foist it on the public yet? You can check it out if you are so inclined here:
www.ci.quartzsite.az.us...

Blame it on my untrusting nature!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

All the more reason to have the media spotlight shine on in, as well as the people of the town banding together to take it back. As I stated, the people of the town can hold a vote to recall their elected officals, as well as unincorperate the city, essentially disolving the city (city government, police et all) and handing control back to the County Comission as well as the Sheriffs department for law enforcement functions.

I am not entirely sure what the reason for a declaration of a state of emergency, but absent justifiable reasons, its an ilegal action because of the curb on individual freedoms that come along with it.

If the State AG does not investigate, then the DOJ needs to.

This would be a good test ballooon for people on this site who hate government corruption. Now is your chance to voice your opinion to the elected officals of the city, as well as your concerns to the state representatives and federal reps.

Call them, write them, email them - let them know the situation concerns you and you want to make sure something is done about it. Just because you dont live there doesnt mean you cant share your concerns with the people it affects.

Consider this a slipery slope example - an make sure your argument is precise and to the point.

Speak up.
Town of Quartzsite, AZ
AZ State Government Website
Federal Government

Do NOT threaten anyone.
Do not make veiled threats.
Do not stoop to their level - they will only beat you with experience.

Be curteous and professional when sending in your conerns. Be specific and to the point. Make sure you include something about following up to ensure the complaints are being taken seriously.

Dont let them try to make an argument that you are not citizens of the town, they dont have to listen. These people are very much your fellow citizens, and any disrespect towards them by the government is disrespect to us all.

Stand United and be smart about it.

EDIT -
Special REcall Election - To be held in August 2011

This is to remove the Mayor from office. If anyone is from that town, they need to do the paperwork to remove the other remaining city council members.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

heres how it works. all it takes is organization. hell this threads got about 75 flags, that can easily turn upwards of 100.

take that 100 people (doesnt matter where they live) and create a checklist of organizations in the area (doesnt even have to be affiliated with the issue)

i would appeal to anyone and everyone.

church's are an easy one, and theres plenty of them. doesnt matter how you feel about religion.

next id hit up the indian tribal councils. the apache, navajo, and hopi come to mind. they have more power than most people think and give them credit for, and are usually itching to use it.

how about the NRA? ACLU? anybody with people.

each group on the checklist gets flooded with calls and emails all within the same timeframe, this creates the illusion of "outrage" even though its just the same 100 people.

"our phone lines are ringing off the hook, people are outraged, they are calling from as far away as ______." thats all that will be said to the leaders of these groups.

when the city council starts hearing from *orgranizations* rather than individuals, they start singing a different tune.

once the first wave is done, it should be enough to awakin the sleeping giant.

just an example, surely the internet is capable of more than 100 people.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I also just spoke with Mayor Foster. He said to tell everyone, "You are my heroes. I could not have done this without all of you bloggers and the attention we have received. I have been trying to rectify this situation for awhile and I'm excited about all the support we have received." He then went on to say, "I'm about to file a complaint with the Attorney General. I couldn't have done this without all of your support!"

I'm pretty excited! It feels good to see corruption being taken on.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

call the arizona mormans and say your a morman from a different state.

call the _____ and say your one of them from a different state.

catch the drift?

it doesnt have to be true, it just has to be perceived as true.

im wondering if hes contacted the state police?

edit on 11-7-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What's up with this?

He (Mayor Foster) said since being in office, he has discovered that every pay period, eight to 10 paychecks go to unnamed people and that he has been denied access to financial records to find out where the money goes at every turn.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Wow wow I thought the First Amendment applies to every American Town and City. Looks like we're seeing a preview of a despotic government

Or just some local syco's hell bent on their beliefs and agenda.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has heard, but the mayor has been voted out and the corrupt police chief is now the temp mayor...talk about going from bad to worse...what isn't the state government or FBI stepping in?

Here's the link news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just to let everyone know, there is a facebook support page for Mayor Ed Foster.

Also, they are asking that people refrain from calling and instead use email or post on the wall to voice your support. I can't put the email on here but if you scroll down on the support page, it is listed. They advise against using the "council approved" email address.

He is with a news crew right now so it sounds like things are really coming to light here!

Here is Ms. Jones on Alex Jones today:

edit on 11-7-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: to include video

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I’ve spent the last several winters in Quartzsite, and had direct dealings with the local justice system. It cost me over $100,000.00

Justice in Quartzsite is very questionable….

I would say more, but fear I would cause myself some trouble, if ever I go back to that HELL HOLE.

Seems like the crooks go Scott free, and the honest people get the short end of the stick…..in Quartzsite

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm sure "they", the power elite, are taking notes on what is happening in Quartzsite. In all likelihood, the simplest explanation usually the correct one, this is a comparatively unremarkable instance of political corruption run amok. And of course, representative of the shameful depths to which the corrupt will stoop to silence the exposure of their misdeeds.

However, whatever the motives for the events in Quartzsite, you can be sure "they" are paying close attention to how both the public and the media are reacting. Where does the threshold lie? How far can "they" go in raping the First Amendment before the people respond with serious repurcussions?

The timidity of other citizens in council chambers, witnessing what was happening yet doing nothing to stop it, suggests that they can go quite far without concern for immediate backlash. A place like Quartzsite serves as the perfect social microcosm--a small town in which local political affairs are of little significance to the larger body politic; therefore, proceedings are less-scrutinized in the major media and thus virtually invisible to the ignorant masses.

I reiterate, they're taking notes--learning lessons that may very well one day be applied on a grander scale.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Actually, the video starts with her being admitted to the floor and ends with her being hauled off. You have a beginning, a middle, and an end,

If we had the whole meeting, I'm sure you would be asking for full video footage from other points in the town so we could know what conditions were like through the whole day... week... month. Anything so you can ignore what's in front of your face.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousands words, a bullet is worth a thousand pictures.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A lot of cities are like that, my friend was threatened by someone working for the city of Guelph (Ontario, Canada) as he was in a legal dispute with the city messing up his front yard, and the city workers have been lying, the councilors have been as well as other officials about his case, it just comes to show a lot of cities officials these days don't care about their citizens

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Acolyte1
I think a lot of the people in charge these days (the ones real high up at the top) are the baby boomers, and they are a big reason why our country is in such a hole right now. Far too often have I met a baby boomer that was obnoxiously authoritative. Most of them remind me of that DBag bastard who kept interrupting that poor woman.

But my point, I guess, is to ask this: What messed that generation up so much that they are literally the madmen running the insane asylum? Was it the drugs?

Hey, I'm one of those baby-boomers, boy.

We were the last generation that had a clue. Everything since has been a steady decline till today with the vid-gamers that can't read or write, let alone reason or attend a town meeting.

that's bs. What "vid-gamers" are you talking about that cannot read or write? IMO, those are some of the sharpest cats. They tend not to read between the lines, sure, but that is only because that would require they wake up, and stop playing their "vid-games."

Stop being in denial about how cruddy your generation has made things. You guys were tested on with the drugs, so I do actually feel sorry for y'all. However, I do not forgive you.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is the video of the illegal meeting that took place on July 10th 2011. The Mayor was told he HAD to come, he refused to go with the officers and instead drove his own car. He called several people on the way. This video is of the Mayor speaking with Sgt. Frost:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by notonsamepage

I would say more : people do nothing because of the chlorine and the fluoride in the water !

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Acolyte1

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Every town needs a militia to keep the pigs in check. If they're violating the Constitution, then we should take that as an act of war and treat it as such.

No doubt.

We all need to stop sitting by ourselves at the computer, bitching about this and that, and organize. Nothing is going to change unless we combine our powers and try to cut this evil down for good.

I am here -- ready and waiting.

Waiting for what, hot shot.
Go do something!

hot shot?

We're supposed to pull together in these times, not make petty insults.

You say you're a baby boomer? That means you're probably in your sixties. That means you need to grow up if you're throwing around sophomoric insults at entirely different posts than the one that initially got you all butt hurt.

I didn't say all baby-boomers btw... just most of them.

Oh and I see you're into George Carlin. That's cool...

check this clip out. It's hilarious.

ciao.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Actually, the video starts with her being admitted to the floor and ends with her being hauled off. You have a beginning, a middle, and an end,

If we had the whole meeting, I'm sure you would be asking for full video footage from other points in the town so we could know what conditions were like through the whole day... week... month. Anything so you can ignore what's in front of your face.

Actually, it isn't for the fact of ignoring what is in front of my face. It is simply to choose for myself, rather than have the internet or a government official, TELL me what to believe and feel. Isn't that the WHOLE goal here, sheep?

It helps to have the whole facts. Rather than jump head long into a cause that you have minimal information on, like a sheep.

Thanks.
And I never EVER said I agreed with anything that happened here.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
ddbl post..
sorry
edit on 11-7-2011 by Demoncreeper because: double post

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join