It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Concert for my Children Ages 5 and 8 - They've seen some - but not like DEVO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ok, so Devo is coming at the end of July to the old western stockshow arena. My good buddy who has two girls ages 8 and 10 is going to the show (their first) and invited us. I am all in but am getting some flak from the ex. I understand the general concerns, but the last time I saw Devo it was pretty family fare, other than Devo themselves, and theri General Boy vids of days gone past - some of those images are strange- -but concerts like this are so regulated, it can't be bad...right? What do you guys think? Good first concert to take the boys to?

one of the most iconic 80's tunes in my humble meh..

I was at this concert in Central Park...wow...it rained sheets right until it started and then started again when they were done - awesome NYC night!

Opinions? Thoughts? I like the idea myself...it's time for Devo.

ColoradoJens

edit on 10-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: shaz razmataz

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
We Are DEVO. D..EV..O

Take em by any means necessary! You never know when a band like DEVO will lose a member or just quit touring!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Saw them about five years ago.....still amazing. Take the kids and fear not...the crowd is cool.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
And why does my Avatar not appear?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

This is true...they are pushing the limits...it could be their last go-around, and it should be a family friendly atmosphere...thanks for the boost of confidence!

CJ

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mrghoulardi

Thanks for that - it does seem like a good crowd - Devo brings in a lot of people from all ages, mostly considered to be slightly dorky (myself included)...I don't think I'd take the boys to Ministry, for their first show that is...

CJ

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

This is the one my eight year old is dying to see...

Makes me a bad dad?

CJ

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have the new Devo album - I love it!!! I hate crowded places I might even go see them if they were touring near me. Good call!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

Thanks Alena Michelle! Based upon reactions so far, seems like it isn't as crazy an idea as some would think! I too hate big crowds, but the kids experience will be great!

CJ

top topics

join