It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You ATS members!! Taking time out from reading/posting to finally introduce myself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have been reading here for quite a long time. I finally decided to join a few months back .Since joining, I have not taken (or had) the time to do an introduction. So here goes.

I have no major earth shaking news to share. I am in awe of some OP, I don't know where you find the time to even post your initial post, let alone all the research you do to provide your point and information. I applaud all of you who do such a wonderful job sharing information.

I currently live in south west Virginia. I was born and raised for 13 years in Boston. I then moved to CT (which I consider "home"). Then moved to the country 9 years ago. My children are my life. I have 6 wonderful kids. My oldest son is 19, my other son is 10, my daughters are 16, 15, 12, and 9. They keep me pretty busy.

I want so badly to move out of the country life. But the way things are, I think its better to stay put (for now). I have 10 acres to survive on, waterfalls close by and lots of people in the community who know how to live off the land if need be. You can't find that in the city life.

I have to admit, I am a water person, I love the ocean. Living in the mountains is ok, but my peace is near the water. I don't sleep well lately. If I was near the ocean I would sleep like a baby. Nothing like hearing those waves crash in while drifting off to sleep.

Being part of ATS community is awesome! I get more actual, up to date news from here than any news source out there...for that I applaud all of you! If it wasn't for you who report the goings on behind the scenes, most of us here at ATS would be as blind as those who watch the major news channels.

Bless you all! Keep alert. Stay vigilant. And keep your information and news coming. I for one appreciate you all!

Edit: typos

edit on 10-7-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Hi summer5, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nice to meet you.

Hope to see you around.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hello from Texas and Welcome to ATS
Why would anyone want to return to the city?
Sounds like you have a beautiful place in the country.
My suggestion to help sleep is a noise generator..Sounds of rain surf ..will help you sleep Havent seen one in a while but Radio shack used to sell them.Maybe someone out there knows where to find them
Again Welcome to the Jungle

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Thank you! I hope to see you around as well

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
Hello from Texas and Welcome to ATS
Why would anyone want to return to the city?
Sounds like you have a beautiful place in the country.
My suggestion to help sleep is a noise generator..Sounds of rain surf ..will help you sleep Havent seen one in a while but Radio shack used to sell them.Maybe someone out there knows where to find them
Again Welcome to the Jungle

LOL! Why would any one want to return to the city? I guess it's in the blood. If you are raised a city girl, the country life is difficult. I am not use to everything being so far away! I had everything within a 15/20 minute drive where I lived; From the best Dr.'s, to health food stores (I sure miss those!), to grocery stores/gas stations. I spend more in gas to just get to and from a grocery store, than I use to driving from one end of the city and back for a Dr. appointment. Granted, I couldn't walk in my yard (I lived in a condo), but I didn't have to mow my 10 acres either

I use to have one of those sound machines...I will have to look for it! Maybe it will help. Thanks for the advise!

top topics

join