It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Preparing For Alien Flyby?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
NASA has put out a story claiming that Atlantis and the ISS could be hit by space junk during the space walk on Tuesday at 12:00pm. www.space.com...

Could this be the cover up if something happens to fly by during this time? Past footage shows strange objects fly around during former space walks. Is it possible that NASA is trying get people to believe that if they see something strange during the space walk that it is nothing more than space junk, when it in fact it is an alien space-craft? I think NASA knows that we will be seeing things other than space junk, but this is a good pre-made cover story just in case something strange does happen.

What are your thoughts?

Note: I don't really believe this, most likely it will be space junk. I just think this is a cool conspiracy, and something to think about if something major does happen and then they tell us it's only space junk. That would be a strange coincidence.
edit on 10-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We just will have to wait and see. I wonder if the fly by will be in color as they have been doing with this mission or will they change it to black and white. Also, what is considered space junk...and how did it get there? The reason I ask is that rocks in space are not considered junk, so what is NASA definition of space junk?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Saigon1914

Old, unused satellites, as well as debris from destroyed satellites, and debris from rockets that previously went into space count as space junk. Basically, anything that we put into orbit that has stayed there and is unused.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Knowing Nasa
Chances are, that if they were aware of an "alien craft" soon approaching..
they wouldn't even bother to mention anything about it.

But NASA are notorious "litter bugs" of space..
So they are probably just preparing for some of their own garbage that "might" come to close.
as stated.

If it did "come to close"...

Karma, I say.
Don't litter space! lol

Really though,
You really think they'd mention anything about it at all,
if indeed a real alien craft were going to 'get close'?

I say not a chance.

They wouldnt say a word.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Really though,

I say not a chance.

They wouldnt say a word.

I think OP has a point. He's saying that if NASA makes us believe it's space junk, we won't even question it to begin with. Whereas if they didn't say anything, people would start looking into it and may find out the 'truth'.

Which I believe is not something NASA wants to hide. I get the feeling they want us to know about extraterrestrials, but the government is standing in the way.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The period at the end of this post would suggest fact. Maybe a ? would suit it better

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
OP don't know if you can do anything but all I'm getting from the link you provided is: "Web Page Not Available"

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I read an article earlier, in it they said it was an old failed Russian satellite. I'll try to find it..

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Really though,

I say not a chance.

They wouldnt say a word.

No, I don't believe that. I'm just saying strange things seem to happen around the ISS quite often. The space walk is a big event and they will be filming it live. If something passes by other than what looks like space junk they already have a cover story and none would be the wiser.

Like I said, this thread is really just for fun.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
can you fix the link? edit: nevermind. got it now. thanx.
edit on 10-7-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What if the space junk is so blatantly an alien spacecraft. How do you think they will be able to cover that up when so many people are watching.

ERM, nothing to see he folks just some old bits of space junk.

But what about that shiny disk like object that keeps popping up in the background?

Shiny space junk...

What about that alien head that keeps bobbing up behind the camera?

Organic space junk....

I hope that something does wander into the camera view....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

No. It is not.

Read HERE about Orbital Debris

3). How much orbital debris is currently in Earth orbit?
Approximately 19,000 objects larger than 10 cm are known to exist. The estimated population of particles between 1 and 10 cm in diameter is approximately 500,000. The number of particles smaller than 1 cm probably exceeds tens of millions.

edit on July 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
OP don't know if you can do anything but all I'm getting from the link you provided is: "Web Page Not Available"

When I click on the link it appears to be working, just seems to take awhile to load up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I been paying attention to the shuttle mission because of the growing trend with children and prophetic dreams. ! in particular was a little girl with little expo to sci-fi and no expo to NASA recognized 1 of the astronauts from her dream and that the shuttle was knocked out of the sky by a meteor shower.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Second Post - Link not working!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

No. It is not.

Approximately 19,000 objects larger than 10 cm are known to exist. The estimated population of particles between 1 and 10 cm in diameter is approximately 500,000. The number of particles smaller than 1 cm probably exceeds tens of millions.

That's a good share. I didn't realize there was that much out there. I'm not sure it explains some of the other things people have saw, but that could explain most of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Second Post - Link not working!

Ok, I changed the link to a different one. Try this one www.space.com...

Or just copy and paste the url into your browser if the link doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

No. It is not.

Thats pretty gross.

No wonder the weather is all messed up.

If I was an alien coming into earth I would just torch the place.

Disgusting

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
I been paying attention to the shuttle mission because of the growing trend with children and prophetic dreams. ! in particular was a little girl with little expo to sci-fi and no expo to NASA recognized 1 of the astronauts from her dream and that the shuttle was knocked out of the sky by a meteor shower.

Wow, really?

I've had a dream for the past.. 8-9 years or so..
and in it, The astronauts in orbit, and whatever shuttles are up there..
all have to be grounded due to an emergency having to do with meteors.
Once they are "grounded" and "safe" back on earth..
"TSHTF" , and small meteors are the least of our worries.
Something very big comes, and I can never remember exactly/directly what happens after that...
(if I even "get that far"/)
But I "know" it's "not good" for life on Earth.

I have written/mentioned this dream here at ATS a couple times in the past, also.

Where did you read about the little girl?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
Maybe a ? would suit it better

I agree, after reading the post again it does sound more like a question. Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join