It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids - Real or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sorry, but how can you possibly hang a merman by his ankles? Even actual people with what they call "Mermaid Syndrome" do not come equipped with ankles.

www.youtube.com...

Not sure how to post a link, but that video is of one specific case of just that. This little girl is incredible. May she rest in peace.

There are only 2 other people in the world reported to have the same (dis)ability. Shiloh Pepin used hers to go somewhere in life.

So yes, because of people like Shiloh (I saw this air on television two years ago and researched it a bit), I do believe mermaids are real. But as I stated previously, the OP's video has been debunked. It is not new.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Why no tail fin like the rest of the sea traveling kind who swim on their bellies. Just a fish tail is all they need for travel? To add I do think REAL 1z exist just not like those told in stories of new but maybe old

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Very interesting topic, brothers.

You all people seem very special and smart. Maybe you could clear up some of my doubts regarding mermaids.
Is having sexual intercourse with a mermaid considered Zoophilia? I hear they are a very recurring theme in the Japanese AV market.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz von Humboldt

I wouldn't imagine true mermaids to have proper genitalia to be able to.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by andriod
Sorry, but how can you possibly hang a merman by his ankles? Even actual people with what they call "Mermaid Syndrome" do not come equipped with ankles.

www.youtube.com...

Not sure how to post a link, but that video is of one specific case of just that. This little girl is incredible. May she rest in peace.

There are only 2 other people in the world reported to have the same (dis)ability. Shiloh Pepin used hers to go somewhere in life.

So yes, because of people like Shiloh (I saw this air on television two years ago and researched it a bit), I do believe mermaids are real. But as I stated previously, the OP's video has been debunked. It is not new.

Well the Orford Ness merman didn't have a tail, he had legs apparently.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

That's just strange then. I wonder what other attributes differentiate him from a normal human then.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
edit to remove, animal planet video. Don't know what it is, if its a faked fiction or not will research more on that.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A star and a flag to a fascinating thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The so called mockdocumentary from animal planet is called "mermaids: the body found" and its put out as a fiction now, but it really is highly suspicious and its very good viewing because there are ETs under the ocean, and there is more to that documentary than they're saying.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I keep running across seized domains by homeland security. Very suspicious the story is based on truth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Though I don't believe in evolution taking any slow routes, more ET laboratories!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well this part is real and fascinating:

corporate.discovery.com...

MERMAIDS: THE BODY FOUND (working title)
In the early 1990's, the United States Navy began a series of covert sonar tests that were linked to mass die-offs of whales washing up on beaches around the world. These beachings were well-publicized, but startling amateur video and photographic evidence - much of it never released until now - suggests that whales were not the only creatures affected by the Navy's sonar. In 1997, scientists monitoring underwater microphones recorded a mysterious sound deep in the Pacific Ocean, a sound from an unidentified creature unlike any other animal recorded. What made that sound, dubbed "The Bloop," has remained one of the greatest mysteries of the oceans, until now... as Animal Planet presents the CGI, two-hour special MERMAIDS: THE BODY FOUND.

Columbus and Hudson have mermaids in their logs.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join