It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Families go for a Picnic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Two Families go for a Picnic

Both families have one dad, mother and son. Next to where both families are eating, there are wasps nest beside each family:

Family A

The dad is the first one affected by the wasps. He swats one and it lands on his son. The son freaks out and runs away, but comes back after a few minutes. The mother and the son discuss the wasps, and the father suggests they do something to the hive to get rid of the problem.

The son interjects, and lifts a large stick from the ground. "Don't worry Dad, I'll get them."

The father warns the son not to act just yet... There was a plan brewing.

Family B

Just a few hundred feet away the other family eats their sandwiches, and lo and behold! A wasp has found itself on the son's sandwich. The Dad screams out to warn his son. The son bites down without realizing and takes a stinger in the mouth. He cries. The mother comforts him and he settles down.

"I hate those wasps." He says to his dad.

The father feels bad, wishing he had warned the child just a few seconds earlier.

The dad rummages through the family cooler, which is keeping the drinks cold.

Conclusion

Family A:

Before the dad could finish his plan, the son ran towards the wasp nest and struck it with his stick. A swarm of wasps chased after him, not knowing where to run, he ran back to his family who were waiting silently for the wasps to attack.

Family B

While the son was licking the top of his mouth where the wasp had stung him, his father had taken the family cooler, walked over the wasp nest and turn it upside down on top of it, making sure to douse it in water as he did. He left the cooler overturned, blocking the wasps from attacking. He and his family carried on as normal for the rest of the picnic.

That's it. The End.

Note: This has nothing to do with wasps, picnics or family outings. Make of it what you will.
edit on 10-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Didn't expect I needed it again, but here it is.

*Disclaimer*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/482f5ea140d1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Family A represents the USA, a nation controlled by fear, and that runs into every situation with a war like attitude.

Family B represents a lot of other countries like, Canada, Australia, etc who take a calmer approach to situations.

Just what I got from it I guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wasps are a pain in the ass when your having a picnic?

Or maybe wasps are just a pain in the ass period and they are worse when having a picnic?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

is the moral of this story - dont have kids ?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Immediatly when i heard WASP i thought of white anglo saxon protestants... I could see how family a is like the United States and family b is crafty like the Russians. Family b couldn't be the chinese because they had too many kids and they would've had to kill one of them so wouldn't have go go to jail in thePRC

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You guys are looking at in on a macro level. Think smaller, within your own nation and states. Think anonymous/lulz sec/protesters/etc, or any other groups that lash out at the government/corporations without long term planning or basic comprehension of the outcome.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I got that the father in family A's warning caused more harm than good.

It was better to acknowledge the small sting AFTER the fact, rather than hearing a few facts, acting quickly, and making the situation worse.

Unless of course the kid is allergic
then panicking might be inevitable in both cases.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Forevever because: extra sssssss

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Great observation.

And yes, I hadn't really thought of anyone being allergic to bees when I came up with this.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think both families are kind of dumb.

The wasps are just doing what wasps do...the families are in nature after all. Why do the wasps deserve to be killed because these families decide to have a picnic near the wasps homes?

Family A never even got stung...just a father who over-reacted when a wasp flew near him. No need to attack the nest becaue the dad is a little scared girl.

Family B's son only got stun out of self defense becaue from the point of view of the wasp...the kid tried to eat him. So kid tries to eat wasp, wasp defends himself...wasp's home gets destroyed.

Maybe they should all mind their own business, have a little respect, and if they don't like wasps...find a different picnic spot.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Fair enough.

I never even looked at it from that angle.

new topics

top topics

join