It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Music?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Even more ridiculous on the linked page are the arguments against Christian rock. The person that owns the site must think that Christians are all supposed to sit in some little country church and sing good ole' timey songs.

It's the definition of being religious and not Christ focused.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would wager that 99.999% of people playing in 'black metal' bands couldn't tell you anything solid about satanism. They sell rock music to angry young people. It works.

The 'witch trial' that was the 1990 Judas Priest 'subliminal message' - "DO IT!" fiasco was memorable for Rob Halford's quote that they could barely afford lunch, let alone equipment for subliminal messages...

Black Sabbath (although not 'Black Metal') is a great example. If you actually listen to the lyrics they are quite anti-satan, and anti-war, and mostly political. Not satanists.. Not 'satanic'.

Satan is a Christian problem. To believe in Satan one must first believe in Christianity. Non-Christians, and athiests don't have satan in their thoughts/lives.

Reminds me of the old joke, "Why don't baptists have sex standing up? - Because their god will think they are dancing..."

I'm not poking fun at baptists. I'm laughing at the sheer stupidity to Christians labeling anything that upsets their sensibilities as evil.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
This is just ridiculous. Everyone knows that Satan is a fiddle player.

And he went down to Georgia..because it's hotter than heck down south right now.

Seriously, this has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The Pokemon Rap? Really? I wish I had the time on my hands that guy does. I've seen his stuff. He's hearing stuff that isn't there. He should see a psychological professional about his paranoia.

On another note, my mom listens to gospel music every day, all day. I heard something the other day that made me go "huh?". It was a woman asking Jesus to come into her and make her a work of art. Out of context that line was extremely sexual.

Any song can be any thing to any one. It depends on the listener and what they hear of the song. That's my point. Was she asking Jesus to have sex with her? Probably not, but out of context it sounded like she did.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
The lyrics in a lot of those songs you listed make no sense when spoken normally. I bet Zeppelin originally wrote the "There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer" kind of stuff first, backmasked a recording of that, and threw together some semi-competent lines. Can anyone ever even make sense of "Its just the spring clean for the May queen"?

As for the motive- its fun and creates controversy.

Stairway to Heaven has a lot of pagan imagery. Not the evil, satanic kind, but the fairy tale kind. I like the song because of that.

"There are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."

Yeah, sounds like he's recruiting for the dark side alright.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A genuinely Satanic death metal band frontman:

Skip to 0:56 on this second video:

All of this backmasking and "Satanic" imagery is a mockery of gullible people.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Backmasking just doesn't work. Verbal persuasion barely works forward let alone backward. As a president of an advertising firm once said, "If that worked then every commercial would use it, and we could make men buy tampons!" It's just not so.

This reminds me of the incident years ago when those girls committed suicide and the media blamed it on Ozzy. Yet no one ever bothered to ask what was going on in their lives, school, home... nope, must have been the devil music they were listening too!

I do not believe in sensorship of music (which is why I listen to satellite radio). It's the job of the parent to sensor what they want and don't want their kids to hear.

Back in the 70's and 80's it was popular for members of the clergy to bash music, especially heavy metal. One in particular was Iron Maiden, mainly because of their sone "Number of the Beast". Actually, that song was based on the book, "The Omen," to which the Catholic church gave the thumbs up. The song begins with the verses from The Revelation of Jesus Christ. "Whoa to thee of earth and sea, for the devil sends the beast with wrath." (Revelation 12:12) "Let him who have understanding recognize the number of the beast for it is a human number. It's number is six hundred and sixty six." (Revelation 13:18)

No tricks there, here's our song, here's the title loud and clear....

My point is that artists don't have to be bothered with backmasking, they can just record it straight forward and right out loud! It's called freedom of speech and expression. Although that in itself is a joke. But regardless, and like someone else mentioned here, music and lyrics are taken different ways by different people. Only the artist knows the true meaning, it's all personal interpretation. If you "want" to hear satanic messages you'll hear them.

Personally, I'd be more concerned with the "messages" your kids (if you have them) are exposed too on the Cartoon Network!

edit on 11-7-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: No reason

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And furthermore.... I am very much into black metal, death metal, regular metal and I am not a satanist.

Go figure!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
And furthermore.... I am very much into black metal, death metal, regular metal and I am not a satanist.

Go figure!

In that case, you're my kinda gal!

Doubtful I need to add a second line here....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I'll take that as a compliment thank you very much!

It just kills me... "Satan is within our music industry" Come on, really!?

Music is my medicine and I take my industry very seriously.

This kind of nonesense leads to censorship. Meanwhile, censorship of a song or a word in a song will highlight it to such a degree that it makes it more obvious what the singer has said and in mass media it often has the effect of drawing more attention to the song than it would have normally received.

In 1993, when Nirvana's In Utero album was released, it was forced to be censored by their label as well as by distributors Wal Mart and Kmart. Nirvana's frontman, Kurt Cobain, responded by saying "I just feel bad for all the kids who are forced to buy their music from big chain stores and have to have the edited music". The name of the song "Rape Me" was changed to "Waif Me" for these stores. The name change only appears on the back cover. The original title is still stated in the liner notes and the album insert.

I think the OP here is Tipper Gore in disguise, still one of the biggest inhibitors of artistic freedom. Her "moral values" and Satanic view on creativity and art has caused thousands of America's youth to become narrow-minded sheep!

I do apologise for the ranting here.... I am done.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Everyone knows that Satan is a fiddle player.

Yes, but his fiddle-playing abilities are very weak, when compared to Johnny's.

reply to post by SeekerLou

It pleases me to see that there are still people who are using backwards masking, as a method of attack upon the supposed evil that resides behind quality musicianship.

If not for this religious fear-mongering, in the Catholic School System, young Brian Warner may have never been exposed to (and told to stay away from...), the music by bands such as Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Black Sabbath, etc.. If that had not happened, the way that it did, then it is possible that there never would have been the epic album titled 'Antichrist Superstar.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d5474083bc9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bb478ab6a33.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e525d80bd55.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/024c65730ed2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/668461f75946.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7/11/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Uh, I don't know about all that. I do know stairway to heaven is highly satanic. All the members of Zepplin were in fact highly satanic.

This is what Robert had to say about the lyrics to stairway to heaven: ". . . Robert described the 'automatic' nature of the lyric: 'I was just sitting there with Pagey in front of a fire at Headley Grange. Pagey had written the chords and played them for me. I was holding a paper and pencil, and for some reason, I was in a very bad mood. Then all of a sudden my hand was writing out words. 'There's a lady who's sure, all that glitters is gold, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.' I just sat there and looked at the words and then I almost leaped out of my seat.'"

"He [Robert Palmer] often remarked that he could feel his pen being pushed by some higher authority."

Jimmy Page bought Aleister Crowley’s Boleskine House on the shore of Loch Ness where Crowley practiced satanic sex-magick rituals, including human sacrifices. Jimmy Page actually performed Crowley magical rituals during their concerts. If you don't know who Aleister Crowley is I suggest you look him up.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Excuse me, but do you have a source for that quote? I mean it's very convincing and all, and now I"m in absolutely no doubt that all music is pushed by satan shouting in our ears off to the side, but a source would be very helpful.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It is pretty funny they include Break on Through but leave out The End which is ten times worse I mean Greater than that song. LONG LIVE MORRISON! Now let me go listen to a bit of Metallica and Megadeath to get this nasty taste of pro-censorship out of my mouth.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Actually, Page has himself commented on the song's legacy: The wonderful thing about "Stairway" is the fact that just about everybody has got their own individual interpretation to it, and actually what it meant to them at their point of life. And that's what's so great about it. Over the passage of years people come to me with all manner of stories about what it meant to them at certain points of their lives. About how it's got them through some really tragic circumstances ... Because it's an extremely positive song, it's such a positive energy, and, you know, people have got married to [the song].[12] Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, 1994.

In a January 1982 television program on the Trinity Broadcasting Network hosted by Paul Crouch, it was alleged that hidden messages were contained in many popular rock songs through a technique called backward masking. One example of such hidden messages that was prominently cited was in "Stairway to Heaven.

The alleged message, which occurs during the middle section of the song ("If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now...") when played backwards, was purported to contain the Satanic references "Here's to my sweet Satan" and "I sing because I live with Satan."

Following the claims made in the television program, California assemblyman Phil Wyman proposed a state law that would require warning labels on records containing backward masking. In April 1982, the Consumer Protection and Toxic Materials Committee of the California State Assembly held a hearing on backward masking in popular music, during which "Stairway to Heaven" was played backwards. During the hearing, William Yarroll, a self-described "neuroscientific researcher," claimed that backward messages could be deciphered by the human brain.

Various versions of the alleged message exist.
One such interpretation reads:

Oh here's to my sweet Satan.
The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan.
He will give those with him 666.
There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan.

The band itself has for the most part ignored such claims; in response to the allegations, Swan Song Records issued the statement: "Our turntables only play in one direction—forwards." Led Zeppelin audio engineer Eddie Kramer called the allegations "totally and utterly ridiculous. Why would they want to spend so much studio time doing something so dumb?" Robert Plant expressed frustration with the accusations in a 1983 interview in Musician magazine: "To me it's very sad, because 'Stairway to Heaven' was written with every best intention, and as far as reversing tapes and putting messages on the end, that's not my idea of making music.

Please... get a grip!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
*yawn*

Sorry to tell you dude, but Satan doesn't exist.

People are willing to hear/see/believe in what they want to hear/see/believe.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hearing specific phrases in music played backwards is like looking at clouds. If you look at a certain cloud in the sky, you might see an elephant while your friend interprets it as a... teacup (# if I know). But if your friend tells you to look for the teacup-shaped cloud before you have a chance to draw your own conclusion, you're going to go "Holy #! Its a teacup!".

I personally don't hear what other people are hearing in Stairway to Heaven when I listen to it played in reverse. I hear something that I can agree sounds a lot like "Satan", but that's about it.

Its just the power of suggestion. It can be a powerful tool used by someone who wants to manipulate you.
edit on 7/11/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

I second that...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

First off his name is Robert Plant. Second, artists throughout time have stated that their best work comes from epiphanies. In the past it has been explained as Divine Inspiration or the Muses. Finally, maybe you should do some research into Crowley. Thelema has no resemblance to Satanism and there is definitely no sacrifices performed.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Pfft. Amateurs the lot of em.

If you want something to ward off christians you really have to employ 'Black Widow'.

www.youtube.com...

** No chickens, goats or virgins were harmed in the production of this post.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

you for got the true ones kiss, rush, rolling stones, elvis, deep purple, and black sabbath now that is real music to rock on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join