It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Music?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Did I say that EVERY artist did this? No I did not.

You guys may carry on if you like but as stated earlier,
I feel that I did my job in trying to point out that Satanism has infiltrated our music industry.
Peace out.

edit on 10-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: added ''feel''

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by SeekerLou

That site is just hilarious. The fact that they can't differentiate between Thelema and Satanism shows they have no idea what they're talking about and their "obituary" of Ronnie James Dio is just despicable. Their heads would probably explode if they ever heard this:

All hail the king of heavy metal!!!!!!!!!! anton levey said that kind dimond was the olny true satanists in music. also check out coven they were the on mecurey recoreds and put out and album where the Bside was a black mass

also i could start posting youtube vids of bands like moveot,black legions project and other truly evil music. but the jesus jumpers would start praying for my eternal soul that i sold in high school for 5 dollors

snail hatan

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I've been snarking here and not giving any real arguments, because I knew other people would do it better than me. But I need to drop that little mask for a minute and say this:

No.

As you said, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, as are we. What you are not entitled to do is step in here, diss on a bunch of stuff by linking to someone else's poorly thought out arguments, and then walk away. It shows a simply staggering level of ignorance of both the subject under discussion and of your own opinions on that subject.

You have not formed a cohesive opinion, You have not said anything of substance. All you have said is, essentially, "Satanism's bad, mmkay? And Rock Music totally has Satan in it." You have not actually said this, but you have implied it: "CONVERT BECAUSE I'M RIGHT. BURN THE LED ZEPPELIN."

You have not engaged with anyone in actual discussion of the issue. You have acted rudely. You have not spread the Good Word; you have said "There is a good word."

If you have done your job, then your Employer needs to re-evaluate His hiring decisions.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Solasis because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

look, dude, just I put it out there and you WERE the judge.
I wasn't here with a purpose to argue or convince, that was for you guys to decide, and it looks as though you decided! Will leave it at that..

That's my belief , and I am sure there are many more sites I could post for you to read but you would argue that too. Again... Done... not here to argue... You were JUDGE and decided your opinion. Case closed. lol

and that imo isn't being rude. Again, you are entitled to even think I am rude.but I don't see it that way. Ok so these sites aren't good enough to convince you. Well they were good enough for me.
Also,
Imo, it actually would be up to the individual if anyone wanted to dig a little further into this.
That was my last post here lol.

edit on 10-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I read somewhere that backward masking was intentionally used because it wore records out faster /drove up sells.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Talk about conspiracy theorists. Dave Mustaine is truly one awake individual and has a firm grip on our reality. Read the lyrics.
edit on 11-7-2011 by tamusan because: remove errant keystroke

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Talk about conspiracy theorists. Dave Mustaine is truly one awake individual and has a firm grip on our reality. Read the lyrics.
edit on 11-7-2011 by tamusan because: remove errant keystroke

To which song(s)?

I know a few songs on their last album were conspiracy based but that's because Dave had watched a video Alex Jones gave him. Not sure about the others cause he always seemed to be anti-war ("Holy Wars.....The Punishment Due" was about The Troubles after he mistakenly said something on tour in Ireland while they were raging on) and I know "Hangar 18" was written because a former member of the band was interested in UFOs and aliens even if Dave wasn't.

Mostly he writes about regular guys as most rock bands do.

Funny how this thread is an example of people not knowing much about rock music in its varying forms and claiming it's all just devil worshipping and screaming.

Slayer wrote about the atrocities of Dr Josef Mengele in "Angel Of Death" and the Japanese experiments on POWs during WW2 in "Unit 731". How many of their fans would have known much if anything of the latter subject matter? I certainly didn't until I heard it myself, listened to the lyrics then saw a thread on ATS about the same thing years later.

Iron Maiden usually write about classic literature and the like.

The song "Black Sabbath" that put the band on the map was about Geezer Butler waking up and seeing a black shape at the end of his bed. How many people on ATS have seen shadow people?

I'd say it was people hearing the likes of Sabbath in the early days, becoming scared of this new sound, hearing the songs about paranormal things and Hammer horror movies (unless somehow Tony Iommi as a Christian isn't allowed to watch them) and then forever associating the genre (stupidly I might add) to Satanism.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Maybe Christian music is missing a bet. Obviously, if back masking is so influential, then Christian bands should put out Satanic music with back-masked Christian exhortations.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Please during the 30s it was Jazz during the 50s it was blues. and now it's rock...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well I can vouch that 'Stairway to Heaven' is unintentional. Years ago I reversed a live bootleg and the supposed back-masking was still there.

I've read too that Robert Plant was deeply saddened by the rumors. It's probably why he hates the song so much these days.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This is Ridiculous.....

And to be honest i feel there is some trolling going on...

If there was some kind of satanic plot to make people think Satan-y things... surley choosing such calssics as pokemon Rap would be the way to deal with it??

Surley the fact stairway to heaven is what... 30? 40? years old now it would be time to hang up the upside down cross and accept the master plan wasnt working?

I would be classed as a rocker/metal head etc., i have seen many a metal band (lots of which have been named in this thread) and at no point has it lead me down the path to satan!

This is just once again people bashing pop culture because they dont appreciate or understand it (you know... classic scenario, its diffrent so its satan), not too ong ago there was an ATS thread on the perils of enjoying computer games too... im sure in a few weeks time we'll be getting told of the dangers of moby dick, catcher in rye and the grapes of wrath!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I heard a rumor many moons ago that if you played the theme song to Mr Ed backwards you could hear someone say "Someone sang this song for Satan". honest to goodness. I don't think I could make up something like that.

PROOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!!!!articles.chicagot... ribune.com/1986-06-05/features/8602090807_1_satanic-backward-message
edit on 11-7-2011 by iNkGeEk because: PROOOOOOOOF!!!! LOL

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

If there's anything Satanic in music, it's Canadian, 17 years old and has the initials "JB"

2nd

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just looked into Ronnie James Dio at the site linked in the op.

Ronnie James Dio was revered by Satanists, Heavy Metal Rockers and occultists worldwide. He arrogantly mocked the God of the Bible by dedicating his life to singing praises to Satan. linky

S. must have had a bad day when he made Ronnie sing this one.

I think linking evil to anyone by listening to them like backwards is like listening to girl directions

It’s bb&b comprehension. [beep]!

but then again, it’s a good excuse to plug some fun “satanic” music.

Thanx op.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'll bite...

Psychedelic media hounds Negativland convey my opinion about this thread beautifully. Warning: listening to this will cause facial ticks, and complete mistrust in Bono. You've been warned

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I await the day where these topics are considered more seriiously.

All it takes is a little research.

And it has very little to do with Satan (Or SATURday)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Satan does not exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by curious7
There are religious folk who STILL believe backmasking exists as a way to promote agendas?

That's just sad.

For what other reason would backmasking be done? for good reasons?

Like someone said, listen to the song the right way round for the true message. They'd probably have a heart attack if they listened to Slayer, a Catholic singing the lyrics of an atheist guitarist about how corrupt and cult-like religion is. Or the might of supposed Satanist bands like Deicide who admit they just do it for the shock value and don't actually worship a fictional devil.

How true, some are blatantly obvious and bold with whom they worship! That just goes to show just how far away from God they are , imo.

I also think it shows how far away Christians are from God as well! Some religions, or cults are closer to the true meaning of life than you think. Christians are just here to bastardize their own religion, and buy their way into heaven by "converting" people, IE scaring people into their religion, so they think they can score points with God. Trust me I used to be a Christian (well was forced into the religion, thanks Mom and Dad!) , before I saw what their true intent is. If anything Christanity is satanism in sheeps clothing!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If The Doors= Satanist music..
I'm ready to go to hell.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The lyrics in a lot of those songs you listed make no sense when spoken normally. I bet Zeppelin originally wrote the "There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer" kind of stuff first, backmasked a recording of that, and threw together some semi-competent lines. Can anyone ever even make sense of "Its just the spring clean for the May queen"?

As for the motive- its fun and creates controversy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join