Satan's Music?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

If backmasking works and is present in some of the most popular musical pieces of the past century, where are all the covens? Why is the Bible still the bestselling book year after year? Why is the sacrificial altar business not booming? Backmasking is just another scare tactic created by groups like the PMRC.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The covens are all secret, and they keep buying copies of the bible so that they can use it in their strange rites. They also get their sacrificial altars by stealing the normal kind from churches, who don't report it because the police have all been infiltrated by Satan because everyone knows that cops love Rock and Roll more than anything; that's why they play it in all their Jailhouses. Seriously Elvis or Evils?!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There are religious folk who STILL believe backmasking exists as a way to promote agendas?

That's just sad.

Don't they realise you can hear whatever you want to hear like with EVPs?

Like someone said, listen to the song the right way round for the true message. They'd probably have a heart attack if they listened to Slayer, a Catholic singing the lyrics of an atheist guitarist about how corrupt and cult-like religion is. Or the might of supposed Satanist bands like Deicide who admit they just do it for the shock value and don't actually worship a fictional devil.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Plus, he went down to Georgia - not England.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sokpuppet
reply to post by Solasis

Plus, he went down to Georgia - not England.

Never know, a lot of American places are named after English towns and cities.

Unless he went down to that former Soviet country, that could be interesting. Was he ever on a roof?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
There are religious folk who STILL believe backmasking exists as a way to promote agendas?

That's just sad.

For what other reason would backmasking be done? for good reasons?

Like someone said, listen to the song the right way round for the true message. They'd probably have a heart attack if they listened to Slayer, a Catholic singing the lyrics of an atheist guitarist about how corrupt and cult-like religion is. Or the might of supposed Satanist bands like Deicide who admit they just do it for the shock value and don't actually worship a fictional devil.

How true, some are blatantly obvious and bold with whom they worship! That just goes to show just how far away from God they are , imo.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What about Cradle of Filth's "Dinner at Deviant's Palace?" Cradle of Filth would be one of those bands that the site you posted would claim are very Satanic, however on this song they have backmasked the Lord's Prayer.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by curious7

That's just sad.

For what other reason would backmasking be done? for good reasons?

How true, some are blatantly obvious and bold with whom they worship! That just goes to show just how far away from God they are , imo.

The only backmasking I know of that is done on purpose is Tenacious D when they made fun of the whole phenomenon by saying something about a donkey I think at the end of a song.

And as I said, Deicide's singer/bass player claimed to be a Satan worshipper and brands an inverted cross on his forehead but he's gone on record as saying he does it for shock only, he doesn't actually believe in it.

Same with Slayer, the bass player/singer is a devout Catholic while the main songwriter and one of the guitarists Kerry King has said he's an atheist and writes lyrics to reflect that.

So yeah, if you're talking about the Catholic being blatantly obvious with whom he worships then yeah, same God you probably worship.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
OMG - what a load of unbeleivable nonsence.

This has been put to bed time and time again. Back in the 90s there were a string of famous cases went through court. And the 80's had their issues too.

I just don't know where to start. First off - WHY oh why would a band do this? As a musician I can tell you that the most importnat thing is the music. And, once done, to what affect? Does anyone beleive that even if these messages were in there they would have any affect on people? Seriously folks!?

And of course, all this is built upon a platform that Satan actually exists inthe first place! And IF he does exists, he is going to bother to come to earth to get Ozy or some rock star to start inserting backwards messages into their rock songs?

Laughable! Really.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Then there's also Dave Mustaine who was raised a Jehovah's Witness, became an atheist, and is now a born-again Christian. Despite all of this his songs have retained the same lyrical content that they always had.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
OMG - what a load of unbeleivable nonsence.

This has been put to bed time and time again. Back in the 90s there were a string of famous cases went through court. And the 80's had their issues too.

I just don't know where to start. First off - WHY oh why would a band do this? As a musician I can tell you that the most importnat thing is the music. And, once done, to what affect? Does anyone beleive that even if these messages were in there they would have any affect on people? Seriously folks!?

And of course, all this is built upon a platform that Satan actually exists inthe first place! And IF he does exists, he is going to bother to come to earth to get Ozy or some rock star to start inserting backwards messages into their rock songs?

Laughable! Really.

Exactly.

Ozzy was let off because it was proven to be false and anybody remember when the issue was put to bed when Judas Priest were accused?

Rob Halford had to sit there and say "ok, I'm gonna play one of our songs in reverse and the message you can allegedly hear will be 'I gave her a peppermint'".

Needless to say, they played the song backwards, heard the supposed message he told them about and threw the case out because like mentioned before, if someone tells you there's a message hidden, you'll hear it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Then there's also Dave Mustaine who was raised a Jehovah's Witness, became an atheist, and is now a born-again Christian. Despite all of this his songs have retained the same lyrical content that they always had.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

I'll say it to you too......exactly!

Plus you have James Hetfield raised in a Christian Science household.

I'm still annoyed about the supposed Christians who picketed Dio's funeral to call him a devil worshipper when he was deeply religious.

Why is it that religion makes people so gullible and stupid?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Same with Slayer, the bass player/singer is a devout Catholic while the main songwriter and one of the guitarists Kerry King has said he's an atheist and writes lyrics to reflect that.

So yeah, if you're talking about the Catholic being blatantly obvious with whom he worships then yeah, same God you probably worship.

There are tares among the church may I remind you. They are sown among the true church.
. And no , I do not like to hold hands with the devil and do not believe as catholics do . Can't be the one and same in my book . That would make one to thing he was an unbeliever to start but that is my opinion.
edit on 10-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You know, just about every day I hear a reference to Satan. Has any of "Satan supporters," by that I mean those who write about him doing this and that every day, ever research just how this Satan came to be? And the origins of the word? Satan only exists because so many religious types insist he does. And sadly, you label things as being satanic, of Satan, and so on, and so on. what do you think would happen if every person who believes in Satan were to turn their backs on Satan, and loudly proclaim that Satan does not exist anymore?

But no, can't do that, can we now? If Satan goes away, ceases to exist, then who would they all place blame on?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

There are tares among the church may I remind you. They are sown among the true church.
. And no , I do not like to hold hands with the devil and do not believe as catholics do . Can't be the one and same in my book.

What are you talking about?

Are you trying to claim that someone born and raised as a Catholic and who still prays, still goes to church, wears a crucifix upon his person at all times ISN'T just because he has an atheist band member who writes most of the band's lyrics?

Is my Catholic girlfriend not a true Catholic because she's dating an agnostic who despises religion and has moments wondering if God really is a myth?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

You know, just about every day I hear a reference to Satan. Has any of "Satan supporters," by that I mean those who write about him doing this and that every day, ever research just how this Satan came to be? And the origins of the word? Satan only exists because so many religious types insist he does. And sadly, you label things as being satanic, of Satan, and so on, and so on. what do you think would happen if every person who believes in Satan were to turn their backs on Satan, and loudly proclaim that Satan does not exist anymore?

But no, can't do that, can we now? If Satan goes away, ceases to exist, then who would they all place blame on?

Thank you! Seriously, I think we needed someone to help us out here with that info.

I seriously think that it's the religious types who proclaim Satan to be in everything having some sort of inner fear that makes them mention him all the time just to have something to argue about. Otherwise they have to get along with everybody else.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Satan as depicted in the Bible would probably not like the cacophony of human noises we call music.

The only human sound he might enjoy would be the final screams of every human on earth for the split second before they were silenced by total extinction.

Biblically he's never been portrayed as simplistic and cartoony as fundamentalists portray him or as a Promethean trickster anti-hero as some intellectuals imagine him.

Biblically he has and always been Janet Reno on steroids, Judgement without the temperance of Mercy.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Unlike many bands(dj,s) today that are IMHO talentless, all the bands listed were passionate about their music and if it gave people enjoyment whilst listening to their songs then all the better. I have listened to heavy metal/ rock,n,roll since my first Black Sabbath cassette at age 13 (1980) , and i can only wonder how people can accuse these talented musicians of being satanic. It would be more accurate to say if any music was satanic it would be the techno , doof doof , ecstasy induced dance music of today that creates a chemical drug culture among our youth, while the so called artists rape our youth of their money whilst giving them a false reality with the bling bling attitude.....
...................... scratchya later

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You all are entitled to your beliefs as I am entitled to mine.
God has given every man free will and choice.
Not gonna argue that

You can pick me apart all you like, it's ok.
One day we shall meet our maker and see who is right.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The thing that strikes me as odd is that God is depicted as all-loving, all-knowing, just, etc. Yet here you are depicting him as nothing better than a music critic. With all the tragedies and atrocities that are occurring in the world do you really think he cares about what people find to be aesthetically pleasing. What about Paganini? Does God have a problem if I listen to him?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join