It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Music?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You can PM me if you want a # ton of metal recommendations. Not to say the other guys don't probably know more than I do.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

And Ex

You guys efforts and words won't be wasted ! Ima set myself in this thread as guinnea pig. I will emerse myself open mindedly as I my conscious mind will allow. I want to see if I can breakthrough, to see if this is what you peeps are making it seem to be n? You guys coachin me ok ? For how long ? Who knows? But you all must be very into it for a reason. Let's see if I can see ? Know what I mean ? I'll will start two pages back so I'll be awhile.
til catch up.Von first CRANKED !!!!

edit on 12-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Maybe for now I check out the cut and post the experience ?

The first cut by Von pg 10. SATANIC BLOOD

I didn't get one word of the lyrics. Maybe "pray" ? The alarming drive of sound seemed threatning. A definete feeling of foreboding ? The song after a little over 2 mins and as tho, it were being true to it's own nature, seems to end by driving you off a cliff. It was the best attempt to have silence give you the same jolt you get from a scary movie scene . Interesting, I can say that much.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Black Metal is really all about atmosphere. Its supposed to make you feel guilty for even listening to it. Even as an atheist I will still feel "uncomfortable" at some of these shows because of my Christian upbringing. For a split second, I feel like I'm really on a path to Hell. That's the point, though. Its basically just a year-round Halloween celebration.

The other thing that intrigues me about black metal is the fact that it isn't just music. It is (or was) a social movement to destroy religion. I really don't see myself as being "evil" or really anti-Christian, but I'm fascinated by the passion I see in these guys. Black Metal bands were pretty notorious in the early nineties when they started burning down churches in protest of Christian beliefs. I just see these bands as more than regular musicians. I look at them as a military force using music as a weapon. I dunno how else to explain it. I think you'd find it more interesting if you watched a documentary like "Until the Light Takes Us".
edit on 7/12/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Got it.

Maybe because I choose to follow Christ I can't feel the guilt. This may be harder than what I thought now that you mentioned that. Still here tho.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you want to try some more accessible metal first try these:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Alright Ex you got it. I'm first going to finish the documentary in full. Then finish my full plate, up to the last one you posted so far.

Bird
Not a lot of trash mouth so far . I presume it's safe to be posting this. For the most part they are all educated and don't seem to be to arrogant.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
]Goes to show you can be ''had'' by anybody.
Yeppers.

If you are gonna do this then you need these! ya'll [SNIP]

You can be who you want to be , you know, ''on the internet'',

All of the heavy evil metal frag gotta go.
If you are gonna do this then at least do it right!~lol--Enjoy.

Radiohead
Pyramid Song

www.youtube.com...

Paranoid Android

www.youtube.com...

Climbing Up the Walls

www.youtube.com...

Exit Music (for a film)

www.youtube.com...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Go pray or something. The discussion in this thread just so happened to get much more active and exciting when people started posting about genuine music and deviated from the "ZOMG, listen to Metal and BURN IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!1" route.

edit on 7/13/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You keep rambling about how arrogant everyone else is when there's literally NOTHING like that going on until you comment like a drunk stumbling through the door and making a big scene. And whether hell exists or not- I won't regret enjoying my life on earth.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Er, do you like any bands other than Radiohead? Because I like Radiohead, but I also like other bands.

Also, the way you're actively threatening BirdOfIllOmen? You're getting a little scary. Not scary in a "You're going to actually kill him" way, but scary in a "this guy is not quite right in the head" way. I mean, seriously, you post how we're all going to hell, that's cool, that's par for the course 'round these parts. Telling a guy who disagrees with you that he was foolish for showing you his face? Either your troll powers got pushed to their breaking point, or you need to back off from, well, from everything for a few minutes. Especially the computer and the liquor.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Oh yeah , Gotta feeling...

Me, too. I have a feeling most of this page of the thread is going to get deleted. My posts too, probably, but I'm okay with that.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

uh oh radiohead fan is in the house

love all kinds of music, excepttinns the devils
Ah hell, I won't smash in his pretty little face with my liquor bottle. I promise

hiccup...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Er, do you like any bands other than Radiohead? Because I like Radiohead, but I also like other bands.

Pink Floyd,
U2, Radiohead,
ummm... dang too many

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You're already thumping the bible pretty hard, broseph. Even the other Christians who posted here don't want anything to do with you. Now let's get back on topic...

randyvs: Don't forget to check out Melechesh as an example of how far black metal has come. Great band from Israel that just emerged a couple years ago:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join