It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Ledge" movie -- opinions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok, mods and boys and girls, this is my first real thread. I felt it should be in the rant section anyway. Be a little easy on me, because I know someone already posted something about this too, so I don't feel the need to insert the trailer, but here goes...

WHY are atheists getting giddy about this movie? Maybe I need to watch it, but from what I can judge by the trailer, it's about the Atheist "hero" against the Christian "villain" but the situation's entirely screwed up and human with a hidden agenda of just being antinomian crap. Said Atheist hero messes with the Christian dude's wife and we expect him NOT to get pissed?

I'm sorry, I don't frankly care if it were Yogi Bear with a fetish for worshipping Pippi Longstocking. Other guy, sleeping with my wife? There's going to be some tension at the very least. Also, Christian Extremists are hardly the only ones who can have a violent breaking point. I'm not saying it's right, but geez.

Let's say the guy who hypothetically saves the entire planet from an alien invasion was Muslim? I would hardly care, I'd still want to give the guy at least a hug and handshake. C'mon. I could care less about what you believe about a purported afterlife because, uh, you know, you just saved all of us.

I hope some get my point about what I see here.

Anyway, rants aside, opinions? Anyone?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by endgame211

Good rant, but I just had a thought.

What do atheists thump? A book on Darwins law?

And what does a atheist say to a Christian who believes in evolution?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by endgame211

Haven't watched it myself but see that TPTB are still hard at work as ever in continuing their efforts in destroying the Christian faith (their biggest threat)
Well can see that this will be one to avoid. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

And what does a atheist say to a Christian who believes in evolution?

"Step into the light Carol Anne"

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Good point about TPTB angle...avoidance is good for this one..I want to see Bad Teacher again anyway

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
WARNING: FILM SPOILERS BELOW!!!

I just saw this movie and my opinion is this:

This is not a film of Atheism vs. Christianity. This is a film where the jealous religious husband quotes Leviticus 20:10 from the New Living Translation:

"If a man commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, both the man and the woman who have committed adultery must be put to death."

The jealous husband says in the movie that he worships the "Old Testament God."

The antagonist in the film pointed out to the jealous husband that Jesus said in the John 8:3-10:

3As he was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd. 4“Teacher,” they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?” 6They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger. 7They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!” 8Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust. 9When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman. 10Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?” 11“No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

In my opinion this movie was teaching that the jealous religious husband was committing a sin by murdering the man that was killed (As Jesus would see it). I think the film was teaching that the husband should have forgiven his wife, and allowed her to ask for a divorce from him. Instead, the husband who worships the Old Testament God decided to take justice into his own hands, and I think it showed that he felt no remorse whatsoever for what he did.

new topics

top topics

join