It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Etna eruption closes airports and 'knocks clocks 15 minutes fast'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Mount Etna eruption closes airports and 'knocks clocks 15 minutes fast'

www.dailymail.co.uk< br />

An eruption by Mount Etna on the Italian island of Sicily left a nearby airport closed and ... locals turning up early for work.

The volcano spewed lava on to its south-eastern slopes on Saturday afternoon and winds swept ash further afield, stopping flights at Catania's Fontanarossa airport.

The strong eruption - Etna's fifth since the beginning of the year - was shortlived, but left the airport closed overnight.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 7/11/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is something worth taking a look at.

Some locals are blaming UFO's and Ghosts for the time jump. I personally can't figure out how a volcano could move time. Has anyone ever heard of something like this before?

Does anyone have any interesting theories? I am wondering if there is some sort of science explanation to back this up. The article is rather short on the topic which, of course is a big deal. I mean come on....isn't this something that should really be looked at???

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Verry intresting indeed,this has been happening more often this year.

But then again a clock is artificial and time does not exist

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Search is your friend although I have done it myself a few times
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Apologies....missed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If they jumped forward in time they would no longer exist within our timeline, which is our 'present' and would infact be telling our future selves of this timeslip. It is a bit of a paradox.

Time did not change for them otherwise they would be displaced from our present. I think it could have been some electromagnetic interferance that tweaked some time tracking devices.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatmandy
If they jumped forward in time they would no longer exist within our timeline, which is our 'present' and would infact be telling our future selves of this timeslip. It is a bit of a paradox.

Time did not change for them otherwise they would be displaced from our present. I think it could have been some electromagnetic interferance that tweaked some time tracking devices.

I agree, it seems more logical local electronic devices were altered rather than time traveling(or aliens).

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How very strange . It might make more sense if the clocks had stopped for 15 minutes, but a quarter hour forward? Unless the DM are up to their tricks again , I'm stumped . Have a star and a flag .

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
gravity and time are tied,

google gravity waves

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the consensus. Time did not travel forwards very quickly in that localised area. Something affected the clocks and made them run fast.

We would need to know if the affected items were quartz time peices or not. To my understanding there are two ways of keepong time. Counting vibrations of a quartz crystal under pressure, or counting cycles int he 50hz power supply. I would postulate that it is only the seccond of these types which were affected, pointing to a power supply issues. If any watches were affected, how were they powered? Were any mechanical watched affeccted?

Too many questions!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

Did the clocks jump forward, or are they saying they lost 15 minutes?

If the eruption interfered with the power grid its possible. Most clocks etc use the current itself as a regulation time system.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

Was..... Volcano Eruption Causes Time to Jump Forward, the original title of the article ?

VOLCANO-ELECTROMAGNETIC EFFECT pdf

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonia74

www.informationliberation.com...

I am newish to ATS, but have you read the above ???
more to say yet out of respect shall pay some time searching, no doubt its all been said before (Grin)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonia74

This is something worth taking a look at.

Some locals are blaming UFO's and Ghosts for the time jump. I personally can't figure out how a volcano could move time. Has anyone ever heard of something like this before?

Does anyone have any interesting theories? I am wondering if there is some sort of science explanation to back this up. The article is rather short on the topic which, of course is a big deal. I mean come on....isn't this something that should really be looked at???

www.dailymail.co.uk< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

my theory? Time did nothing. It is not possible in this story for time to have changed. If time had changed, people wouldnt be showing up fifteen minutes early for work, as work would also be fifteen minutes ahead. They would be showing up exactly when work expected them. Maybe, if time shifted for the whole region. For people to go a few blocks and be early for work, it would imply that time only skipped ahead for a few people, scattered here and there. Not too likely iMO.
I would say, since it was only digital clocks, that perhaps the shockwave from the volcano compressed the waves of energy that are used to track time. More compressed waves equals a clock running faster - but it does not mean time is moving faster.

new topics

top topics

join