It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made my own tooth crowns for $10 !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This info is priceless thanks ,any tips on repairing dentures? i was going to try CA glue but may need a pin for extra strength.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Ohhhhhh, that explains it! I might just try it on a filling I have lost.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well I suppose we all drink tea and all have bad teeth.
Did you know I fly a spitfire to work everyday.

Well I will stick with my NHS thankyou.

Never let me down in over 30 years.

I suffered quite a bad facial Injury that could have disfigured me.
They managed to get one of the top plastic surgeons at the time to fix me up.
Didn't cost me a penny.

Good on the OP for his ingenuity I just think healthcare should be affordable.
And available to all if money is an issue. It's the year 2011 FFS

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is a good temporary fix as this thermoplastic is the same type of material used to make temporary crowns. Most temporary crowns have a life span of 3 months to 1 year. The reason for this is that plastic is not strong enough to put up with the force of mastication from natural dentition. Teeth are harder than plastic, so in essence your opposing tooth will destroy your polymorph temporary crown. The other reason and more serious is the fact that the fit of the material as well as the weak bond between the super glue and the plastic will lead to microleakage of the temp. Bacteria will find its way underneath the crown, secrete acid and destroy the remaining enamel getting into the dentin layer of the tooth. If the tooth has already been prepped or you are replacing a filling chances are the enamel is already gone and the dentin is already exposed. Dentin is softer than enamel and any acid leakage will go to the pulpal chamber and cause severe damage to the nerves resulting in an unexplicable pain. At this point, your only options are to get a root canal which is about $1000 or get the tooth pulled. Once you lose teeth the rest of your teeth become unbalanced and this leads to tempromandibular joint disease. This means that for the rest of your life your jaw will experience severe pain everytime you talk or chew. So do you really think your temporary fix will be worth all your future problems?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BigJoninTexas

I've been using this method for years. It works great. But instead of superglue, I use dental glass ionomer cement (which can be bought from ebay for few bucks). Sure, thermoplastic is softer than teeth, and will slowly deform under constant grinding. However, when it falls out by itself, I just reform it by dunking in hot water, add some more polymorph, and put it back in. It's worked great for several years, and I have no pain in my tooth which is covered by polymorph plastic. Before I arrived at this solution, my decayed tooth was in constant pain due to being exposed to food, infection and physical force of chewing food. Once I covered the decayed area with polymorph/ glass ionomer cement, all infection/inflamation disappeared, and there is no pain at all. It's almost like having my tooth completely restored, except I didn't have to pay dentist $$$$$. If I were to have dentist do dental implants for the damaged molar tooth (5 of them), it would cost about $15,000 per tooth and grand total of $75,000. But I don't have this kind of eye watering money to give to dentists unfortunatly
edit on 13-1-2016 by newleaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2016 by newleaf because: add information about dental cost

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: newleaf
a reply to: BigJoninTexas

I've been using this method for years. It works great. But instead of superglue, I use dental glass ionomer cement (which can be bought from ebay for few bucks). Sure, thermoplastic is softer than teeth, and will slowly deform under constant grinding. However, when it falls out by itself, I just reform it by dunking in hot water, add some more polymorph, and put it back in. It's worked great for several years, and I have no pain in my tooth which is covered by polymorph plastic. Before I arrived at this solution, my decayed tooth was in constant pain due to being exposed to food, infection and physical force of chewing food. Once I covered the decayed area with polymorph/ glass ionomer cement, all infection/inflamation disappeared, and there is no pain at all. It's almost like having my tooth completely restored, except I didn't have to pay dentist $$$$$. If I were to have dentist do dental implants for the damaged molar tooth (5 of them), it would cost about $15,000 per tooth and grand total of $75,000. But I don't have this kind of eye watering money to give to dentists unfortunatly

What??? You need to price elsewhere!

My sister is a cosmetic dentist and my brother-in-law is a dental lab tech, in Kentucky. They charge $1500 per implant prep and $750 to make the implant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join