It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made my own tooth crowns for $10 !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i have had amalgam fillings and did not have any crowns as too expensive for me.

i am poor and don't have $1600 for the dentist.

initially i used to use superglue as a crown but it does not last very long due to chewing action on food.

superglue is non toxic.

also some of the amalgam had been worn out slightly.i was also concerned about the edges of the tooth crumbling slowly due to wear and tear.

dentists are very expensive.

then i heard about polymorph and using polymorph i have made 2 crowns which completely enclose the top surface of the tooth.they are held in place by super glue.

as the superglue does not experience any direct chewing action but only holds the crown in place it lasts a long time now.

the polymorph is soft and cushions the tooth also.

this process was to get a thin slice of polymorph 1.2 to 1.5 cm long and 1.00 to 1.3 wide.depending on my tooth size.

soaked it in hot water and then gently placed it over the tooth be crowned and bended squeezed the edges with my fingers and a toothpick downwards so that the tooth is capped.the tooth is now enclosed.polymorph is non toxic.

while the polymorph was still warm and mouldable i also closed my mouth and clenched my teeth so that the opposing set of teeth fitted perfectly by leaving a mould of them in the polymorph cap

i had to do this a few times but now i have got the hang of it.

once the polymorph was set i removed the cap added a bit of superglue and put it back in place.

i know have tooth crowns for $10 and can make 100 more with the left over polymorph.

therefore i saved myself $1590 with 30 minutes of work.

here is what polymorph looks like:-

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-7-2011 by nobodysavedme because: spelling

edit on 10-7-2011 by nobodysavedme because: more info

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
see this is why America is bent.

i can walk into a hospital and wait a few hours and get free dental treatment.

Or register with a Dentist and go in my own time to an NHS dentist.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tombangelta

where do you live? i'm moving there!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Yes if you can find one who will take you on

i take it your in the UK, look most of us here are lucky to have teeth at all really. Thats one thing americans can have over us, they most definetly have superior gnashers.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Yes if you can find one who will take you on

i take it your in the UK, look most of us here are lucky to have teeth at all really. Thats one thing americans can have over us, they most definetly have superior gnashers.

Only because most of their teeth are false.

Second line.

edit on 10-7-2011 by BlackDove because: Because im from England.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Brits really shouldn't talk about teeth...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

You sir, are a badass.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
NHS dentists are trigger happy, they cut away your enamal and destroy your teeth to meet government targets! I say choose your dentist wisely if you are from the UK. Personally if i could afford it i would go private but you're looking at the same kind of money as in the states.

I will check out the OP's links later to see if i can save my own tooth!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OP would you mind giving step by step instructions for this, as I have been looking for something like this for YEARS. You are a lifesaver, thank you SOOOOOO much.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Awwww thats low lol.

Thinks me is going to walk around with my lips covering my teeth now lol.

You Americans think your sooooooo special with all your Barack Obama's, Best buys, sexy woman, guns and popular hip hop artists, well fudge you all, we got something you can never have, the Hip Hop Dentists lol.

edit on 10-7-2011 by BlackDove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

would'nt it be a better fit if you made a mould first of your teeth then use that mould to make the crown before fitting it permanently on your tooth?

I'm going to try out your receipe and give you the results over the next couple of weeks. If this works.....I'm going to kick myself.

Can this method be used to make finer veneers?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Yes if you can find one who will take you on i take it your in the UK, look most of us here are lucky to have teeth at all really. Thats one thing americans can have over us, they most definetly have superior gnashers.

It's because Americans have more fluoride in the water.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
OP, I've got to tell you, I've looked all over the internet, and never found anything quite so promising.

Thank you!

Maybe you should do a before and after slideshow.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm all set then! I have bags of polymorph for doing jewelry setting work.
Dremel tool, superglue - check!
My dental office opens next week.

Really this could be a lifesaver if the SHTF.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

would'nt it be a better fit if you made a mould first of your teeth then use that mould to make the crown before fitting it permanently on your tooth?

I'm going to try out your receipe and give you the results over the next couple of weeks. If this works.....I'm going to kick myself.

Can this method be used to make finer veneers?

yes you can mould it first if you wish but because of the small size it is really best to do it direct.

polymorph has the same consistency as chewing gum.you can practice with chewing gum in front of a mirror.

also polymorph is reusable so if you don't get right first time soak it in hot water again of about 70 degree celsius and redo it....always use a mirror to mould the polymorph to your tooth.

getting a second person to help you makes it even easier.the idea is to press so that if forms a cap on and around your tooth.

i don't know anything about veneers.can't comment about that.

i am poor and can't afford to pay $1600 to a dentist.

a horrible women dentist ruined my mothers teeth by needlessly drilling so that she had plaque allover after 2 years and dentures as a result.

horrible dentists .can't trust them.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think your idea is bloody brillance. Like the Mod, I too use this in jewellery making and have all the tools necessary.

In regards to your mother.....yep all dentists in those days did that; horrible creatures they were. Most of them were school dental nurses.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wait.... If you can reuse it by heating to 70 degrees, then I guess chewing hot food is out of the question, no?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
^And our bodies are 98.6 degrees anyway, including our mouths. I too would like explanation on this point.

It sounds like a great idea though!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this in:

en.wikipedia.org...(dentistry)

even veneers can be made at home and will hunt down the ingrediants as these are used in repairing porcelain china.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

70 degree CELSIUS not farenheit.

70 degree celsius = 158 farenheit.

70 celsius in your mouth would be scalding.
edit on 11-7-2011 by nobodysavedme because: more info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join