It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USSR 2

page: 1

join
share:
ExD

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The clandestine Soviet Union
By Victor Yasmann

Nationalist revanchism has been gaining momentum in recent years among various political groups in Russia and has been greeted with some sympathy from the Kremlin. In the past, this sentiment has taken the form of open calls for the restoration of the Soviet Union, but recently a more provocative set of ideas have been making the rounds in Russia.

Maksim Kalashnikov, author of The Broken Sword of Empire (1998) and Battle for the Heavens (2000) - books that glorified Soviet militarism and earned him the moniker "Russia's Tom Clancy" - gave new impetus to the revanchist movement with the 2003 publication of Forward to the USSR-2, a book that is subtitled The National Idea or the Direction of the Main Offensive. Kalashnikov's real name is Vladimir Kucherenko, and he is a former deputy editor of the online magazine Stringer and a journalist for Rossiiskaya gazeta. Forward to the USSR-2 has gone through several editions over the past 18 months and its popularity has become widespread.

www.atimes.com...

Edit: Please don't just copy and paste an entire story and without a link and no comment from yourself.Thanks.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Russia is one of the countries that will never quite make it.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If Russia wanted to form a version of the EU with the ex-member states of the USSR and it would help them I would be all for it. I just dont think it should be based on a Communists system.

They better hurry before the EU gobbles up all the ex-USSR countries

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The world is slowely becoming more and more organized... This is a good things at times, but if power falls into the wrong hands then we are in real trouble. The more "united" we become the closer we will be to becoming part of a NWO.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
At the same time, all this unity is good because we will advance faster then ever and we won't have as many enemys to worry about. Perhaps there will be peace. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1halucinogen1
Russia is one of the countries that will never quite make it.

wadya mean russian wont make it???

unless of course your another propaganda filled american that thinks russia is nothin but a 3rd world country

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Err....

in my humble opinion, USSR, never stopped it's existence. Moscow Still controls the entire once called USSR.

Never forget, that it is much more confortable to work politically, under the disguise of ... "Democracy"

Russians can be many things.... but they are NOT Stupid!!

HARAK.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
yeah it's true US ppl think that the Russians are incompetent and are a third world nation due to their propagandist government and media gloating over their "victory" in the cold war
. The Russians are sneaky and they sure do have dominance over the CIS countries. Do you think NATO would interfere if Russia decided to have a conflict with Georgia? they wouldn't dare coz they know it's Russia's backyard.

Russia may be a democracy now but the ppl runnin the show are still sneaky and smart.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
creating a democratic political system and a market economy to replace the bureaucracy and centralism of the past has and is proving to be an elusive goal.

but as usual, the success of the russian economy and any mention of a ussr2, is heavily dependant on world oil prices.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
yeah it's true US ppl think that the Russians are incompetent and are a third world nation due to their propagandist government and media gloating over their "victory" in the cold war
. The Russians are sneaky and they sure do have dominance over the CIS countries. Do you think NATO would interfere if Russia decided to have a conflict with Georgia? they wouldn't dare coz they know it's Russia's backyard.

Russia may be a democracy now but the ppl runnin the show are still sneaky and smart.

I respectfully disagree with opinions expressed here. Russia does not control the CIS, despite obviously having some influence. Russia is probably not thrilled about the American military aid to Georgia, and about the now permanent American bases in Uzbekistan. Russia is very weak now. I am Russian myself and I aknow it.

I would also not call the Russian leaders "sneaky and smart". Sneaky yes, smart no. Putin does not seem like a smart person to me.

In truth, many of the ideas in the Kalashnikov's book ring true. I had similar notions back in 1992. The Russians need to rebuild their sense of a nation, which in fact was undermined under Communism. It should not be confused with nationalistic propaganda which is plentiful in this country nowadays.

And yes, the society is partly run by the likes of Yukos, which extracts oil and stashes money in Western banks. What a shame.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The only way the former USSR can make it is to have leadership with the likeness of Reagan, Bush1, and Bush2, not to mention Nixon,Eisenhower and JFK (although he was a Democrat). If you can't beat us, might as well join us(the US) of course.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
the second USSR is China

reminds me to much of the former USSR , just hope the USA relizes that and thanks to Bill CLinton we gave them Aircraft technology

top topics

join