It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Moon Children out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but, here goes...

For as long as I remember, I have been influenced by the moon, specifically the full moon phase. As the actual full moon approaches, I get a sense of increased energy and clarity. This starts about a week before the full moon, and may last up to 2 days after.

I don't even need to look at a calendar to know that a full moon is approaching. I begin to get restless, my sleep is shortened, and my house gets cleaned because of the new energy that fills me. Errands get completed. It is actually a time that I look forward to.

Are there any other ATS'ers that get affected by the full moon? I don't know why it happens, I just know it does happen.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To be honest, I have noticed that I generally get more aggressive around the full moon. Not, like, wandering round looking or fights or anything, but I get more argumentative and tend to get irritated by things more. I dunno if it's a coincidence, but my boyfriend has picked up on it and said a couple of times that it's nearly a full moon when I've been a moron.

I just use it as an excuse for being moody.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When there is a full moon I can hardly sleep. I get restless and stressed.
I have no idea why this is happening but it has been this way for at least 10 years. Other than that, I do not feel any other effects.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i feel the same way mate, i have since i was about 12. sometime when im walking at night i cant help but stare at the moon sometimes

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Needless to say, hospitals and PD's report increased activity around that time also. That would be the most aggressive members of society acting out, I guess.

I do enjoy the increased energy level and sense of clarity, though.

Can it be as simple as the gravitational effects of the moon hitting some harder than others?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The moon and I have been good friends for as long as I can remember. It is a nightly ritual that I am compelled to grab a bottle of wine and my telescope and stare for hours, studying every crater, every feature, as if my life depends on it. Sometimes i'm sure that it does.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I attribute my personality to being a true Moon-Child.

July 20 1969 first moon landing. My birthday...not birth date tho. Also the cusp of Cancer and Leo...another moon reference.

The day I was born, there was a Lunar eclipse as well.

I feel alive at night more than any other time and when the moon comes out...it shines for me! lol (kidding)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We are made of mostly water, the moon has a great pull on our oceans creating the tidal effects. The moon has an effect on everyone because of this. Effect and cause.
edit on 10-7-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Wouldn't that cause an effect/influence that would peak and ebb with the tides(twice daily)?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I do have an energy ebb and flow that I have noticed. For several days a month I don't sleep much and then following that I sleep way too much. I never connected it with the phases of the moon but I am going to start tracking my sleep patterns and see if anythng lines up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

My Zodiac sign is Cancer, so my planet is the Moon, I was born on the day of the moon (Monday) on a full moon. Talk about bad luck. My emotions are always on a roller coaster ride.

The full Moon about drives me nuts with too much energy.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Actually what you say makes a lot of sense, given that traditionally it is alleged that a womans monthly cycle is supposed to run in sync with the phases of the moon.

It has long been thought that cycle length is associated with the moon. A 1979 study of 305 women found that approximately one-third of the subjects had lunar period cycles, i.e., a mean cycle length of 29.5 days plus or minus 1 day. Almost two-thirds of the subjects started their cycle in the brighter half of the lunar cycle, significantly more than would be expected by random distribution.[28] Another study found a statistically significant number of menstruations occurred around the new moon.[29]

Apparently one of the proposed causes for the female cycle no longer being in tune with the moon, is the advent of artificial light.

TextA few studies in both humans [64] and other animals[65] have found that artificial light at night does influence the menstrual cycle in humans and the estrus cycle in mice (cycles are more regular in the absence of artificial light at night). It has also been suggested that bright light exposure in the morning promotes more regular cycles.[66] One author has suggested that sensitivity of women's cycles to nightlighting is caused by nutritional deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals.[67]

And when you link the fact that a woman's cycle is meant to be 28 days, and the phases of the moon are complete every 28 days, the correlation starts to gain a modicom of credibility.

Wiki

edit on 10-7-2011 by solargeddon because: Add in supporting evidence

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

My Zodiac sign is Cancer, so my planet is the Moon, I was born on the day of the moon (Monday) on a full moon. Talk about bad luck. My emotions are always on a roller coaster ride.

The full Moon about drives me nuts with too much energy.

My birthdate is 7-15 and in that year/month the moon was full on 7-10. But I feel the same as you do.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join