It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tree of Life and Predictive Programming in Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What exactly is "The Tree of Life", in your opinion?

- There is the Tree of Life mentioned in the Bible as somehow giving "immortality"

- Then there is the Tree of Life pictured at the end of the predictive programming movie "Knowing", which the children are running toward, though they seem to be underneath the sea

- Then there is "Saturn's Tree", a tree-shaped crystal of lead that forms upside down, which is the exact form of the alien spaceships in the movie "Knowing", as well as some of Lady Gaga's satanic outfits

- There is the Tree of Life in the film "Avatar" with human souls hanging in long strings from its apparently dead branches

- There is the strange "Wedding Tree" now fashionable at wedding receptions, with crystals like human souls hanging in long strings from dead branches

- There are the Trees of Life in the film "Matrix", from which Neo awakes, looking down upon all the captive human souls hanging from tree-towers which give a kind of "immortality" to the "Octopus Machines"

- There is the Tree of Life which remains unexplained in "The Tree of Life" movie, in which human souls seem about to be raptured at the end before an apocalyptic comet hits the earth

- Then there are the Trees of Life formed by Octopus Eggs, hanging in long strings from the roof of its cavern

I would be very interested in your views, because it seems to me that no one has ever explained this mystery clearly.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I explained it in this thread and much more

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AprilSky

Well, AprilSky, that link shows that you have certainly done a tremendous amount of research, although I couldn't find any discussion of the Tree of Life. Would you mind being more specific in your answer, perhaps addressing some of the possibilities I put forward, instead of just a link to your own post?

From that and your other posts it seems that you are very keen to turn Christians away from their faith. Of course, the Real, Joyful God of the New Testament doesn't demand any rituals or sacrifices or apocalypses or any of the suffering that you insist upon in your detailed discussion. That is all just confusion caused by the Impostor Demi-god of the Old Testament---please see the posting "There Are Two Gods".

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
here are a couple links to what I alluded to in the other thread... what one might categorize as the tip of the iceburg...

gnosticteachings.org...

people.ucalgary.ca...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Yes, there are those Gnostic and Kabbalistic "occult mystery" type of "trees of life", this being one of the main differences between Gnosticism and Marcionism, which rejects all "mysteries", rituals and "secret knowledge" in favour of the simple Word of God, but what about some of the examples I put forward? Any thoughts on that?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tib50
reply to post by AprilSky

Well, AprilSky, that link shows that you have certainly done a tremendous amount of research, although I couldn't find any discussion of the Tree of Life.

The tree of life is not one tree but many and people are part of it.

It's not a real tree as such.

It's a God and woman combination which forms the tree.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tib50

The “Tree of Life” represents the allegoric code which has been widely employed by various groups (or perhaps a single group with a multitude of covers) for thousands of years. Not every movie script writer is in on this secret code and as a result they may insert the Tree of Life where it does not correctly belong, but if a code also plays a major role in the movie, then the author is likely to have at least some knowledge of the code. (Naturally, the code can only be presented in abstract form when it is discussed in a movie. In the low budget thriller, “The Code Conspiracy“, the “Torah Code” was used as a cover, but when the characters in the movie explained how it worked, and how it looked “organic”, they were actually describing this allegoric code.) When those that have knowledge of this code offer a public explanation of any part of it, they do it almost entirely through the use of metaphors and symbols. A single real world idea can have dozens of metaphors used to represent it. (Kabbalists admit to having more than a hundred names for “G-d“, but claim that it is wrong to correctly pronounce his true name. ) This is why various authors of allegoric works seem to have different opinions as to what a symbol or metaphor actually represents. Even if there is agreement among these authors, they still are able to hide their true meaning. For example, there is literal agreement that the “white dove” is a symbol for “peace”, but no one has told the masses what “peace” represents?

If a religion is “dualistic” it is because it is descriptive of this allegory. The “good” represents deception which is “white” and is associated with the literal meaning of the allegory, while the “evil” and “black” represents hidden meanings. “Life” also represents the literal world and “eternal life” is gained when a person’s existence is recorded in the literal portion of an allegoric work.

Real knowledge is “male” while knowledge that is used for “cover” is “female“ (i.e. Blond, Brunette, Redhead). Real knowledge is often openly presented to the literal world, but it is placed in a false context which prevents the reader (or movie viewer) from truly understanding the subject that is being discussed. For example, I found Plato’s Cratylus (which is a dialogue about the “correctness” of names) to be extremely useful in my understanding of this allegory, but modern scholars dismiss it as “satire”. (Of course, a small number of these scholars know exactly what Cratylus and they will naturally go out of their way to prevent any speculation that might attempt to associate Cratylus with a “cratalis“.) The philosophy of the ancient Greeks consists almost entirely of discussions of allegoric concepts and the “cover” is often relatively thin, so they at times appeared to embrace homosexuality as an admission of their interest in non-female concepts.

The Tree of Life is often presented with its “roots” showing and these roots represent hidden meanings. The Tree of Life is also said to be made of the 10 Sefirot. You can think of these Sefirot as something akin to a Dewey Decimal System with each Sefirah representing a different type of writing (i.e. religion, history, philosophy, etc.) Allegory is a rather imprecise means of communication and this is probably why so many metaphors have to be employed in the description of various types of writings. The 11th Sefirah, Da‘at, which is sometimes included with the other 10, represents allegoric knowledge that is transmitted only orally to initiates. This oral knowledge would consist of the real meanings for key metaphors. Obviously, it is rather difficult to remember alternate meanings for every word in a given language and therefore, a majority of metaphors are also openly defined in relation to other metaphors, so if you know the real meaning of one metaphor, you can then extrapolate the meanings of other metaphors. However, these definitions are scattered in a wide variety of writings and therefore a good deal of effort might need to be expended in order to find the correct meaning to an obscure metaphor. A few have attempted to overcome this difficulty by creating a “Philosopher’s Stone” which is basically a metaphoric thesaurus. (Alchemists described writings as types of “metals” and the Philosopher’s Stone could be employed to change one type of writing into another.)

new topics

top topics

join