It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Your Own Business First

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This a rant against idiots and buttinskies who are too busy minding everyone else's business and neglecting their own.

I cannot stand it when someone willblather on and on about what another person should be doing, all the while they sit there mired in their own bed of idiocy and problems. These people never do anything wrong, are always right and manage to make everyone else's business their own. No one else's problems have merit, only derision, only the busybodies problems matter.

Only the busybody has legitimate problems, yet all their time is spent vetching about everyone else. They only need to look in a mirror to see everything, yet spend all their time focused on anything but themselves. Going on and on and on about what this one is doing or that one is doing, when if they expended a fraction of that buttinsky on their own back yard, it might be productive.

I can't stand people like this, nosy busy bodies with a field of problems waist high, yet what little energy they proclaim to have is spent minding everyone else's business but their own.

I have an idea.

Mind your own business first, please.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You seem to have anger management issues
Is everything ok?

Please explain what you did in detail and why you did it

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I once heard something and it was really just one of those things in passing so can't reference it for you, in that the mentally ill are so sure they can solve eveyone elses problems but their own. I saw it in a seriously depressed person who would watch the daytime problem programmes, you know the ones, and be full of advice and understanding and solutions for the problems on offer but unable to get their heads out their own butts. It's a known pyschological condition.

edit on 10/7/11 by goldentorch because: got it rong again dad

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Temper, temper.

This is a discussion board, so personal things will be discussed on a personal level by everyone.

Did anyone offend or mistreated you that this rant was needed?

You can always inform a moderator.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Mr Mask, you suck. You always try to be funny but fail in a horrible way that should embarrass you but for some unknown reason- you don't feel embarrassed.

Mr Mask, you are physically built like a crossbreed between a lanky monkey and Stretch Armstrong (with weak arms) and you have a face so dented you have to wear a Mask just to save the rest of the human race the suffering displeasure of visiting your image with their eyes.

Mr Mask, you make crappy comics, crappy music, crappy youtube videos, crappy threads and the crappy-est jokes I have ever had the anti-luck of hearing...in fact, I am willing to bet you even suck at crapping.

Mr Mask, its clear you like StarWars, Doctor Who and Dungeons and Dragons (AD&D 2nd E) and are way too geeky to even claim coolness in a circle of geeks. You pretty much make nerds look hip, and hip replacements seem "fun to tolerate".

Mr Mask...um...uh...screw you Mr Mask!

Ok OP...I have taken your advice and minded my own business. Can't say it was fun. I'm actually very hurt now and need to hug myself in the mirror saying "its ok bro, he didn't mean it", but that's hardly helping as much as it usually does.

Thanks...for ruining my day. Gee wiz.

MM
edit on 10-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Mr Mask, you suck. You always try to be funny but fail in a horrible way that should embarrass you but for some unknown reason- you don't feel embarrassed.

Mr Mask, you are physically built like a crossbreed between a lanky monkey and Stretch Armstrong (with weak arms) and you have a face so dented you have to wear a Mask just to save the rest of the human race the suffering displeasure of visiting your image with their eyes.

Mr Mask, you make crappy comics, crappy music, crappy youtube videos, crappy threads and the crappy-est jokes I have ever had the anti-luck of hearing...in fact, I am willing to bet you even suck at crapping.

Mr Mask, its clear you like StarWars, Doctor Who and Dungeons and Dragons (AD&D 2nd E) and are way too geeky to even claim coolness in a circle of geeks. You pretty much make nerds look hip, and hip replacements seem "fun to tolerate".

Mr Mask...um...uh...screw you Mr Mask!

Ok OP...I have taken your advice and minded my own business. Can't say it was fun. I'm actually very hurt now and need to hug myself in the mirror saying "its ok bro, he didn't mean it", but that's hardly helping as much as it usually does.

Thanks...for ruining my day. Gee wiz.

MM
edit on 10-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

Damn! Extremely insightful! Mr. Mask!
Just kidding.
That is not the first time half-baked potato ranted on that same subject. I wonder what the problem is?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
FACEBOOK too much
thats why I dropped facebook
and thats why Im here..have not seen anything like the OP is talking about here...If someone is getting in your face click alert let the Mods deal with it..They have the hammer !
Dont be so hard on yourself Mr Mask
edit on 10-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You seem to have anger management issues
Is everything ok?

Please explain what you did in detail and why you did it
Read my OP, that is all I have to say on this issue.

For everyone else, it is a rant, has nothing to do with this forum, some of us have outside lives too!

edit on Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:42:05 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
some of us have outside lives too!

For the record...some of us don't.

MM

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
That's like someone in my family, obsessed with the teenage girl across the street who just passed her test and can now drive her own car while taking away time that could be focused on her own damn driving lessons.

I've said to her on many occasions "why don't you concentrate on your own driving and not what someone else is doing?" but alas, my protests go unheard.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ben Franklin said "Mind Your Business" .....

and it was on money !

by Michael E. Marotta
© Copyright 1998 by Michael E. Marotta

"Mind your business" is always good advice. In fact, this was the motto on the very first coins of the United States of America. These copper cents were authorized on April 21, 1787.

Starting in colonial days and continuing through revolutionary times, coins were struck by private individuals. The governments of New Jersey, Massachusetts, and a few other states also issued coins. It wasn't until 1787 that Congress got around to creating truly national, truly American cents.

This was two years before the present Constitution was adopted. We were still operating under the Articles of Confederation in those days. Therefore, it is not surprising that these first American coins were humble tokens of a hesitant central government. The idea of honoring the president of Congress -- or anyone else -- on the coppers would have been an abhorrent reminder of the British monarchy. The eagle was not yet the national emblem.

The first coins of the United States showed a sundial with the legend "Fugio", meaning "I fly." The sundial refers to time, so the message was that "Time flies." Under the sundial is the motto, "Mind your business." On the reverse of these cents is a chain with 13 links. The legend on the reverse says, "We are one." All of these mottos are attributed to Benjamin Franklin and collectors call these "Fugio cents" or "Franklin cents."

Although 300 tons of copper were authorized for these coins, quite a bit less was struck. In fact, we believe that the copper came from the bands of kegs of gunpowder sent to us by France during the revolution. Today, the common varieties of these cents sell for a couple hundred dollars in average circulated condition.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Xuenchen thank you for that interesting history lesson!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

it was on paper money too !

but strangely, not on this bill !

top topics

join