It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is pedophelia a disease?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruthseeker789

Pedophilia is most likely a mental disorder brought on by abuse.
Sure perhaps there are a few who are born that way, but like serial killers I believe pedophiles are made not born.
I actually did a little bit or research on both and I think all the doctors who study Pedophiles and serial killers have come to the same conclusion, both subjects 98% have been abused early in their child hood.
The biggest problem is that they try to hide it instead of seeking help right away, when they first start to have unnatural feelings. Once they do not seek treatment they spiral out of control and get lost in their fantasy.
What should be done with them after they have succumb to their fantasies of children is up for debate but once that line is crossed, most scientist will agree that there is no cure they are lost and I think they give up their human rights and should be studied and used for medical experiments.
Other than murdering a child, Pedophilia is the worst crime and should be dealt with severely and check that persons past and flush out the ones who started it, like I said they are made and someone in their past made them that way. Unfortunately these people touch a lot of lives before they are caught, which gives a lot of room for creating more.
The sad thing is, it’s probably not the pedophiles fault that they find children attractive, because of past abuse but it is their fault when they act on it and society should not be soft in their punishment.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I don't think there is one. In early human history sex was used for having children and when the female was of child bearing age that's when it happened. This may have carried over into todays times. I am just guessing here so maybe someone smarter in this area can explain it better.

Wasn't pedophilia quite rampant in the bath rooms of Rome. Not too sure how common it was, not really into doing google searches with pedophilia as a search reference.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think that being straight, homosexual, pedophile or bisexual is something that you're born with 99% of the time. The 1% is for those who were physically and/or mentally abused.

You can't change how you feel but you can change what you do and that's why I totally agree that active pedophiles should be hanged or shot. Those who don't act on their feelings however shouldn't be afraid to get help.

Abusing someone is always wrong, especially when it's a helpless person like a child.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Two unrelated points:

1. The definition of "pedophilia" changes with the culture. In local news stories someone making it with a 15 year old girl is routinely called a pedophile and required to register as a "sex-offender." That person is usually reviled and commentors call for his execution. However, in most cultures historically a female was considered an adult at puberty, certainly no later than 14. A 15 year old would have been married off and had several kids already, most of whom would have died. To put it in stark terms, Mary, mother of Jesus, was likely no more than 14. Another modern case: Roman Polanski.

2. From a corrections officer/prison psychologist point of view, pedohiles cannot be cured. They are hard-wired, for whatever reason. There is no "therapy" that will "fix" them. They must be prevented by society from contacting children. There is simply no self-restraint system that has been proven to work.
edit on 7/10/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I don't think there is one. In early human history sex was used for having children and when the female was of child bearing age that's when it happened. This may have carried over into todays times. I am just guessing here so maybe someone smarter in this area can explain it better.

Wasn't pedophilia quite rampant in the bath rooms of Rome. Not too sure how common it was, not really into doing google searches with pedophilia as a search reference.

Yes to your question, which is why the consultants I worked for believed it is a sexual orintation.

I

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
***MOD REMINDER***
Regardless of anyone's opinion, all must abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

If you violate the T&C your post will be actioned and your account subject to post ban.
edit on July 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
sexual desires are such an ambiguous subject, it's hard to categorize them as being mental illnesses or diseases and what not.

There are a number of "socially unnatural" sexual preferences out there that have been around for ages -
look at beastiality.
Or those that are stimulated by being tied up and whipped or role-playing a rape.
homosexuality.
Incest.

society tells us we should be with a partner of the opposite sex (the same species, different family haha) and generally around our own age.
But I think nature tells us the same things. That's why a human can not impregnate a dog. That's why (most) humans do not have both male and female genitalia. That's why there are different stages throught a humans life - pre-puberty, puberty, menopause... That's why incest children usually have some sort of mental or physical issues.

There are laws of nature...

edit on 10-7-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Yeah I think all the famous philosophers from Rome and Greece were pedophiles. That's some sick #. Now how do you explain that?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

While i agree nature tells us the same thing regarding gender, that males are better compatible to be with females and vice versa, i do not agree nature tells us anything about the age restriction, other than:
1. if past puberty, can have children.
2. what our own natural instincts tells us, example: do i find this subject attractive? if yes, then its worth working towards. Also most males are configured to find big boobs/curves attractive in females, which means when these are present, nature tells us she is ripe for the taking.

In the case of pedophiles, maybe these rules don´t apply? or maybe they do, but with different parameters.

Age is never a parameter in these things in nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
***MOD REMINDER***
Regardless of anyone's opinion, all must abide by the Terms and Conditions of Use:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

If you violate the T&C your post will be actioned and your account subject to post ban.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join