It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cymbal at 1000 frames per second

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This youtube video was posted by Fluke, a company that makes and sells measuring instruments (I use my Fluke multimeter on a daily basis); in partnership with Propadata films.

Fluke and Propadata Films teamed up to explore the world of vibrations—the world of unseen movement—through high-speed videography. Employing the use of a Phantom HD Gold camera, we were able to film a variety of materials and activities at the astounding rate of 1,000 frames per second. What resulted is an amazing short film of movement in slow motion, highlighting the effects of vibration normally invisible to the naked eye.

Here's a bronze cymbal being struck by a drum stick, filmed at 1000 frames per second. What you thought was a solid object looks very liquid.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've seen lots of high-speed photography, water drops, bullets through balloons, etc., but never anything that shows the fluidity of a solid metal before. Truly amazing!

Here's the Fluke website for more information on the project.
edit on 10-7-2011 by avocadoshag because: Added link

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I just realized that I saw only a part of the original "Vibrations" video...here's the whole show. It's amazing!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Everything is liquid; electricity. Cymatics.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Pretty sweet vid

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Very cool dude. Star for you.

Time is relative, yesterday a group of friends and I saw a car accident happen at an intersection. Having been in one myself, as I'm sure many people here have had the unfortunate experience as well, I thought of how quickly it was over. I then thought about how looooooong the accident I was in seemed to take. I know it was adrenaline dilating time so I could react, but never the less, it's still weird!

It's amazing what goes unseen in this world until the proper viewpoint is given.

Thanks again, I even forgot about my hangover for a minute and half, lol!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

Molecules. Liquid is just a less denser version of hard mater because the molecules are feather apart.

Every thing has a vibrational frequency. I wonder what force makes things vibrate and what makes that force.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I think the universe is like a drum filled with liquid. something struck the drum and the reverberant waves and their refractions are the Things that "exist". nothing is permanently set, everything is just like waves in the ocean.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Amazing! Thanks for posting. It does look absolutely liquid!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Amazing. It's nice to be reminded that what we perceive as a 'solid' is actually only 2% mass. It also reminds me of this experiment where you pour a liquid which is almost absolute zero (like -273 degrees) into a glass jar and because its so cold the liquid particles don't vibrate and create enough mass to be contained in the glass receiver jar.

Anyway, the end result is that the -273 degree liquid just passes straight through the glass without breaking, fracturing or anything visible to the glass it's amazing. I can't find any videos of this experiment however but I believe it was on some BBC science show around 5 years ago.

edit on 10-7-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: It's 2% mass and 98% space.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer
Amazing. It's nice to be reminded that what we perceive as a 'solid' is actually only 2% mass. It also reminds me of this experiment where you pour a liquid which is almost absolute zero (like -273 degrees) into a glass jar and because its so cold the liquid particles don't vibrate and create enough mass to be contained in the glass receiver jar.

Anyway, the end result is that the -273 degree liquid just passes straight through the glass without breaking, fracturing or anything visible to the glass it's amazing. I can't find any videos of this experiment however but I believe it was on some BBC science show around 5 years ago.

What you are referring to is a state of matter that is referred to as a "Superfluid", it's pretty cool stuff. Think this is the clip you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As we know 99% of an atom is empty space. It is a wonder why anything has a hard surface. Like the Alchemists, there must be a way to change the structure of the matter. Possibly with vibration...I don't know, I'm not an alchemist...however it is a fascinating subject. Like turning the water into wine....Jesus...the utimate alchemist!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
if you like slow motion cinematography try these clips from the tv show time warp. it use to be on the discovery channel.
here's a clip

and the shows web page about 321 clips and full shows.
Time warp Videos
edit on 10-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Oh that one!

It's unfortunately not the one I'm referring to but indeed that is very similar visually what happens with the -273 degree liquid passing through glass.

It does emphasis the point about matter becoming less dense as liquid and passing through a solid however (yes I know glass is liquid but the lack of energy in the atoms at those -273 degree temperatures means the atoms just pass through seemingly more dense materials).

My basic point was temperature directly affects energy which in turn affects density. (I think, if a physicist can verify or correct me perhaps lol).

I'm not the best at explaining this stuff I hope it makes sense to you lol.

Very cool indeed!

edit on 10-7-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: Added lol

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer

I found the video. Fast forward to the 7:30 mark.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I should mention this post of a drop of water filmed at high speed...seeing this video is what inspired me to post the cymbal vid.

A drop of water in super slo-mo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Everything is waves....this just gives proof to the theory that sound can alter the physical.

It probably does turn into a mixed state of being for said time of vibrations existing.

this is awesome though.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

Appearently Space is just a sea of waves..Magnetic I think.

But yea I love learning stuff

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I saw the ocean within a drop of water!...Not sure who quoted that...Namaste!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

It gets really weird once you start learning that Microwaves are just nanometers away in thier wavelength from actual light. And with that whole superfluidity thing posted earlier, that (helium2?) once it gets so cold, it loses friction, and heat passes through it like a wave. Waves are pretty cool if you ask me.

top topics

join