It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are These GOP Candidates Running for President of USA - or Israel? (Beware. It's easy to become

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by wcitizen

I really don't understand why any mention of Israel turns into a victim situation. Mass genocide has been comitted around the world. However those people and their countries don't completely rule US policy. Why does the US politicians go against this countries own National interests ande pledge allegience to a foreign flag and then get away with not being charged with treason among other criminal charges? Why does the US people have to be the victim to alleged victims in a distant country in a distant time? Why does it become a racial thing to stand up for your own country and your own people which happens to be made up of all races ? Common sense dictates that this makes no sense. As for me I will believe and do what is best for the American taxpayer first.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for putting it so well.
edit on 10-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As far as I know, we are, ostensibly, Israel's allies. While making this a talking point is pretty strange -- "I must make it clear -- we will defend our allies!" is kind of like saying "We will continue to build roads!" -- I don't really think there's anything especially off-kilter going on here.

Israel is a complex issue. Criticism of them is downplayed, but in my experience, that's because it largely does not address the wild complexities going on.

And just so you don't accuse me of being a Zionist shill: I don't have a well-formed opinion on the overarching issue, because I simply don't have the time to think that through. I don't like how Israel was formed in the 40's, but they're there now, and who knows.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
israelis are victims, sure theyve basically started another holocaust, but TPTB made israel the only option for a number of people and a genoocide was commited agaisnt them, doesnt excuse this bull# however.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Wow talk about a hate letter against Israel.

I'd say it's fairly obvious where you stand on the issue.

So we meet again Kros. We disagree a lot on how debates should work. You claim that the article misrepresented facts (Interestingly you said the same thing in one of my other threads) so I have to say the same thing I said to you before...prove it.

Now as to the actual story here. I don't like Israel...not because I'm racist but just because I don't like what they do to Palestine. Even though that's kind of two sided (they both are in the wrong) it just seems like they started it.

Now the fact that we support them so much disturbs me. We need to focus on us, First and foremost.
edit on 7/10/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If the US changed its foreign policy concerning Israel, the ridiculous defense budget couldn't be justified and there wouldn't always be a war brewing on the horizon. The United States seems to need the perpetual state of war. Israel is big business, nothing more. There are no victims in the eyes of Washington; just dollar signs for their lobby pals.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

If you know anything about Keith Johnson you will see why anything written by him can be constured as hate.

Here is another statement from this man.

The relationship between Israel and the Christian Zionists is a sick and twisted one to be sure. Each requires the other to die. It’s really nothing more than a murder-suicide pact.

Israel relies on Christian Zionists to sacrifice their money, resources, freedoms and children. They need these things to wage war on their neighbors and expand their empire.

The Christian Zionists rely on Israel to sacrifice 2/3 of their Jewish population in an apocalyptic war in the Middle East. They need these things to hasten the return of Jesus Christ so he can usher them up into Heaven.

No sane person would ever allow themselves to be involved in a relationship like this. But these people are not sane—they are psychopaths.

Every war that has been waged in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries has come as a result of this unholy alliance. It has wreaked devastation upon our economy and has cost countless lives. But this is more than an economic or humanitarian crisis. This is a moral crisis that calls into question whether we, as a species, even have the will to keep on living.

70 million Christian Zionists make up the most coveted voting block in America. All of them pray for the return of their savior so that he may deliver them from this horrible, dangerous place and rapture them up into the safety of his loving embrace. What chance do we have of saving this world, when the largest segment of our society just can’t wait to leave the world behind?

Now if you don't think his logic is a bit twisted I don't know what to tell you.

Can't see much wrong with his logic there. Your point is?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join