It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Make Some Quick Cash?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Never considered this. I may be getting made redundant soon so may place a few free ads out when I do.

Beats my other idea of growing weed in my attic or selling phone accessories on ebay.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
What sort of things did you do, to insure people you were 'safe' to work with?

Resume?
Phone Screen?
Interview?
Get Bonded?

(I'm cool with any/all of these)

I realize most (all) of your business was obtained through referrals, but eventually, you're going to be recommended to someone 3 or more connections away who does not know you directly, no?

Resume and interview. My girlfriend is a big contributor in our community. She holds events for local food pantries and organizes huge music and art fairs, so being associated with here is a wonderful bonus. Most people in my community know her contributions and when they learn that I am not only associated but am involved with her ventures they are pleased.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Starred and Flagged cluck.

I'm glad to hear this is really working out for you, especially when you were working THREE jobs!

Good for you and way to find a niche market. Maybe you can keep expanding on your ideas to offer additional services.

Hell, with a little luck you could be onto a major thing: people will pay to know their pets are being well cared for when they can't. Again, glad it's going so well, and thanks for the inspiration.

edit on 11-7-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
One time I was out walking my dog when I saw this woman walking a monkey.

I said "Hey Lady where'd you get the monkey?"

She rolled her eyes and said "Its a dog!"

I said "I was talking to the dog"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
my sister used to do it and I was very proud of her then she stupidly sold it and signed a 3 year non compete but now is back to trying to start it again I hope.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's great to hear someone being successful and proactive in these times. Too many people complain and stress and worry without actually taking action. I have been thinking lately of taking on cleaning a few houses to earn some extra cash. Who knows where it could lead? Especially after reading of your experience I think I may put out some flyers this Fall after the kids go back to school? What's the worst that could happen? Thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

No, lets hope they do make those laws. The more insane it gets the more People will awake from their slumber. Also, it will be another chance to break bad laws, and shove it up the nose of the Man.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is OK with CS so I'm posting it. I have quite a good government job. High pay, excellent benefits. We were coming up on a strike year and I thought it would be prudent to pick up something..... just in case. I delivered pizzas on the weekends. The strike didn't happen but I couldn't quit the job. I was making 10K/year working 14hours/weekend. Mind you it was the busiest pizzeria in town. After 5 years I had to give it up though. I'm not 28 anymore and 7 days a week were getting draining.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShaman

Originally posted by 12voltz
Way to go ,contributing to the obesity problem x3
Make them walk their own dogs would be the proper thing to do,
Profiteering from laziness ,sad sad times

Sadly, most people prefer to go for a drive instead of getting some exercise and quality bonding time with their dog.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2591d6ab37d.jpg[/atsimg]

Cluckerspud saw an opportunity to make some cash and save the environment, and took it.

Congrats to him.

Haha, I have never seen that in person and I hope I will not!

As many of the other posters in this thread; I want to congratulate you on doing something positive for both you as a person, your economy and your fellow neighbors!

To the poster who wrote something about profiting from the laziness of Americans - that is a ridiculous comment, unless it was tremendously sarcastic! Everybody profits from everyone's laziness.
You never bothered to learn how to fix your pipes, so you call a plumber.
You never bothered to figure out how a computer is made from scratch, so you buy one already manufactured in the store.
You do not bother to hunt, grow and gather your own food, so you go to buy it in your local supermarket.

I could go on and on and on, like a Duracell bunny, but I will not.

Once again, congratulations on making a successful business! As someone mentioned, keep it cash, no receipts, no documents - it will not be investigated (knock on wood) and all of your clients will benefit from that sole act. Modern day entrepreneurs are solemn, keep doing a good job.

Peace

edit on 11-7-2011 by grapeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grapeian

With that dog, it looks like you could put it in neutral and save some gas. MUSH! MUUSH!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yea, go back to wagons pulled by animals, but with a modern twist!

Would sure make the general public and politicians hush about some of their global warming issues

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks for sharing. If anyone else has some ideas about supplementing, I'd love to hear them.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So... I may have missed it, but what are you charging for your services?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
ya know ive been thinking about selling bottled water on the street- to drivers in their cars while their waiting at a light. like this guy--www.nevblog.com...
its sooo hot and dry in texas right now, just looking outside makes you thirsty.

i'd probably get run off by the cops but so what, id just move to another corner.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out

Originally posted by iSHRED
Just wait till your door gets kicked in and you go to jail for not having a business license.
your pretty much a terrorist the way i see it, tax evasion, no licenses... etc.
freakin criminals make me sick.

/sarcasm

good on you, stickin it to the man.
lets see them outsource dog walkers, they cant!!

You jest, but I'm not...and this all SOUNDS great... But ARE you licensed, insured, incorporated, etc? Two-fold reason for asking: I did the same thing years ago. It took nearly $5K of my own money to start a legitimate business at home. If everyone started an ILLEGITIMATE Business, how is that fair to the rest of us that DID pay the piper and follow the law? Those of US that are taxed at NEARLY 45% on our self-proprietorship income aren't impressed with those that think you can just hang a sign, advertise on Craigslist, print some "BUSINESS CARDS" and presto, you are entrepreneur!

Really, I'm just playing devil's advocate here...I don't personally care because your business isn't a threat to mine; but if it were...

And the other thing...have you thought about the HUMONGOUS LAWSUIT you'll be facing should a dog in your care maul a child, someone else's pet, or run into traffic and get killed? How about the house you are sitting becomes the target of a home invasion, or a gas leak causes an explosion, or it's burglarized, or burns down while in your care? YEAH, that's why the rest of pay business insurance to the tune of $3-5K a year.

I'm NOT impressed, hopefully your good fortune runs without a hitch...hopefully the LAWFUL pet sitting business in your area doesn't catch wind of your ILLEGAL practice and hopefully Murphy's Law doen't kick you in the aZZ.

Ahh yes, the wonderful taxes on the American Dream, established to ensure that people who can't plop down 5 grand at any given time never gain the ability to do so.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join