It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Make Some Quick Cash?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Do what you need to to get by. Words I wholeheartedly agree with, actions I admire. This shows not only ingenuity, hard work, and perseverance--but is indicative of something much greater...

Y'know...there was a guy who turned to dog walking to feed his family in the great depression...

...he eventually created the board game Monopoly. He certainly didn't need to walk dogs any longer.

Way to be!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I may try this.

I have the time and savings to give it a go and would love to 1) help people, 2) spend time with animals, while 3) getting paid to do it.

I live in a gated condo community - man, I could rake it in.

Nice going and great suggestion,

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Entrepreneur is what you are.
Congrats on finding another way other then working for "the man".
That is the answer.
I have been in and out of my profession for a few months now
and,myself have been looking for alternatives.
Thanks for the inspiration.
We need more like you.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Quick question do you walk the dogs together or one by one. If together how did you introduce them and get them to not attack each other?>

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Holy crap. I wasn't quite expecting to see so many responses, but I am glad to hear from all of you. I sent some u2u's to those asking questions. Hope it was helpful.

I'm never one to care about stars or flags, but in this case I was glad to see a lot. Great reflection of the people here. Plus it may get to others who may be missing it due to "the end of the world" going on out there.

I never thought this is what I'd be doing, it just kinda hit me the other day. And I thought I'd share with you guys.

To address the comments about taxes and licensees, I guess it is something that I should look into. I f anyone has any knowledge in this area please U2U me. Do I need an LLC, Permit?!?!?!!? Etc Etc.. I dunno. All tips would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

It's not that they are too lazy. It's that they have been trained from chilhood to be good little employees. The public education system discourages independent thought and entrpreneurialism.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Way to go ,contributing to the obesity problem x3
Make them walk their own dogs would be the proper thing to do,
Profiteering from laziness ,sad sad times

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Geez, I thought you were promoting a pyramid scheme or ponzi scam or something of the like.....

Here, all you are doing is an honest days work. Best of luck. As far as the business thing goes, I believe it's 5000.00 and under a year before you have to report taxable income. (My mom used to have a "business" baking cookies, made fliers, etc, but made sure she didn't go over the limit.) A visit to your state's website will definitely point you in the right direction for being "self-employed", before you decide to go through the headache of starting an "official" business.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

In my neighbourhood all the dogs are trained to bite, zzzz, I wish I lived in your kind of neighbourhood, but can't afford to move yet. If I do, I will definately take in to consideration what you are proposing.

Thanks mate
star..

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

S+F from me, it's refreshing to read a positive thread once in a while and I think that what your doing is a great idea. Happy it's working for you, maybe others may take heed.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Awesome. I'm looking for a better way to make a living than what I'm doing now. I'm curious how much you make and how much time you dedicate to all of this...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So OP , i'm talking about me , not you so i'm not suggesting crime for anyone . Obamas favorite buddy corperation , General Electric made 15 billion dollars last year and didn't pay one dime in tax . If i was walking dogs , i'd do it for cash , never apply for or request a permit or liscense , never fill out a tax form and never pay tax plus i'd make as much as i could beyond any limit the corpretocracy sets . 99% of those selling junk on ebay , have yard sales , babysit or mow lawns aren't dumb enough to register with any department or agency . I just paid two young guys 500 bucks to paint my house , cash and they did a great job . Good enough that one of my neighbors just hired them . After 40 years in the work world i've paid enough tax for 5 people and if i wish to pay two young guys to paint my house i see no use in them paying tax for the second time on my money . It'll just go to bail out Goldman Sachs or build bombs to drop on people i don't even know . Your customers are getting a good deal and don't mind paying cash money so you just keep your enterprise under the radar . No rocket science involved in painting houses so tell those dog walking customers that they supply the material and you'll paint their houses in the afternoons , evenings or weekends . My house is 2,400 sq. ft. and it took those two young guys 2 days to paint it . I supplied rollers , brushes , trays , paint and ladders and they put 250 each in their pockets . Counting the neighbor they'll put 500 cash in their pockets in 4 or 5 days . A contractor wanted $1,300.00 plus tax . The guys told me that they are going to buy some gear , brushes , rollers , long handles and a ladder . Next week i have another young guy coming to roll sealer on my asphalt driveway . I supply the driveway sealer and a roller with a long handle and he'll do it for 40 bucks . I got that deal through another neighbor and the young guy is going to seal 8 or 9 driveways on our street next week . 3 hours per driveway , likely 3 per day , 120 per day in his pocket . Good for you OP .

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

So you're saying the whole world can profit from investing in Americans? THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Sadly, most people prefer to go for a drive instead of getting some exercise and quality bonding time with their dog.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2591d6ab37d.jpg[/atsimg]

Cluckerspud saw an opportunity to make some cash and save the environment, and took it.

Congrats to him.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Some people may be on holiday/business trips, may be unable to walk 3 times a day, are sick, handicapped or have other problems but want to keep there dog. Professional dog walking can be a nice job, you could make new good friends and not just 4-legged ones.
Of course, as always there are people who just want you to walk there dog because they're too goddamn lazy to walk.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Problem with volunteer work is that it does not pay the bills. It will not help keep a roof over your head and provides no benefits.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Great job (literally) OP!!! Its nice to see people being creative instead of sitting on their butts, and complaining about the system while leaching off the government

I'd like to see some others comment about what they have done to supplement their income in this thread. Such ideas may motivate others. So here is mine.

Being a computer programmer (from years ago) and seeing that a lot of novice people are being suckered into visiting the "geek squads" or the "$50 to speed up your PC" TV ads...I decided to offer a small service. I used VistaPrint and got business cards...500 for $10. Placed them around town and used word of mouth. I either have the computer (usually laptops) dropped off or I can stop by their place. Usually, I run a cleaner, install a free anti-virus, scan for malware and defrag. That does the job in most cases.

However, when possible, I look for barter options. For example...if the customer is a contractor, I suggest them doing some work around my house. If someone has a tool I'd like to borrow, and don't want to buy...I suggest they lend it to me in exchange for my service. Not only has this worked well and kept me from having to pay taxes, etc., but it has turned some customers from "one timers" to a quarterly contract-type visits. I would LOVE to see my community begin acting like a community. In many cases, people tend to attempt to "own" everything they need...even if they only need it 1, 2, 4 times a year. Borrowing or trading, in exchange for a service that the other person needs, is a great way to go. No taxes, no licenses, no permits (usually), building a reputation, spreading by word-of-mouth, making friends and other connections. Community.

Again...I'd love to hear how others are being creative in this way. I could go on forever about some of the "working together" I've seen around here...but I'll leave that for others.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Doggie poo pickup! Its a big thing for people who have the money but don't want to clean up their backyards! I tried to talk my teen daughter into doing it but she said I had officially lost my gross mind.

Of course Mastiffs and Great Danes are charged higher pickup fees for their land mines.

edit on 11-7-2011 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Do you live in Virginia? Man what a coincidence. I was on my porch yesterday, and this nice man (between 35 and 45) was putting flyers on people doors... I noticed the guy, then I noticed his flyer already on my door. As I was watching him across the street, I yelled out asking him what his business/service was. He said, dog sitting, walking dogs and basic lawn cutting...

I said to him, “man, I appreciate your motivation, and though I don’t know you, I feel happy and proud of you, don’t stop nor give up”. His reply was, "it hit me like a ton of bricks...been working for the man long enough its either now or never, if I am going to give the man a lot of my time and effort, and the result is stress, not enough money and co workers that are in the same boat as I am. I know with every fiber of my being, I can invest the same for myself and my family.” I said “Man, never think any other way, never let people put you in drift mode”.. He asked what was drift mode…

So I will use his service.

Only wondering if this guy was you...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Awesome!!

I'm more of a cat person
but I do clean houses on the side. I want to start a business and get licensed for it. I live in a condo and I want to talk to management about putting up
an ad but I want to be licensed first.

I'm very OCD with cleaning and I actually enjoy it so I figured why not make some money off of it!

Another friend of mine started a delivery service for the elderly in her community.

If I could handle dogs I'd look into this. I have a friend who is a dog groomer I should tell her to do
something like this on the side!

Congrats!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join