It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Factpronouncement.com: Operation Gunrunner not problem, Operation 2nd Amendment is problem. (satire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hey everyone, this is a website called Factpronouncement.com (which I just made up) but you can pretend that it's an Obama-support website like another name that sounds similar to Factpronouncement.com.

(warning: satire ahead, don't take things literally)

Operation Gunrunner is not the Problem. Operation 2nd Amendment is the problem.

The blogosphere is buzzing with conspiracy theories that Obama is in deep water over some thing called Operation Gunrunner, or better known as operation "Fast and Furious". No, not the movie made in 2001 starring Vin Diesel which received a dismal 6 out of 10 stars on IMDB, and one reviewer on the website Rotten Tomatoes says it is a "bad, bad, movie and you should skip it." While this Fast and Furious was just a movie, operation Fast and Furious seems like a bad, bad, movie to the tin foil hat birthers that swarm the internet from the sanctity of their mother's basement. And for them, they should also "skip it."

Before they put the entire blame on Obama, even though they know we are still recovering from the effects of the Bush catastrophe, they first decided to go after attorney general Eric Holder. They claim Eric Holder knew about the operation and it was written into the health care bill. This is obviously false, why would a health care bill contain something about gun smuggling?

Moving on, we now come to the accusations that the Department of Justice is covering up the operation. According to the DOJ,

Other reports we issued focused on the Department’s law enforcement activities, such as our review of Project Gunrunner, the Department’s efforts through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to combat firearms trafficking on the Southwest border.

www.justice.gov...

So clearly, operation fast and furious, which was part of operation Gunrunner, was a law enforcement activity meant to combat firearms trafficking on the Southwest Border, not to 'give drug gangs guns' or some other type of ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Now for the accusation that 30,000 guns were given to drug gangs.

Of the nearly 30,000 firearms recovered in 2009 and 2010 in Mexico, where gun possession is illegal, some 70 percent were determined to have come from the United States, ATF officials told lawmakers last week.

www.reuters.com...

So that right there shows you the US did not give 30,000 guns to Mexico but rather 70 percent of 30,000, and they also recovered these guns, which the tea party people are seeming to forget.

In December 2010 Border Agent Brian Terry was killed by drug gangs with guns tied to the Fast and Furious program. First of all, since only 70 percent of the guns were from the US, there is a 30 percent chance this gun did not come from the US. While this loss of life is tragic, the Republicans and tea partiers should stop pointing the finger at others and start to point fingers at guns. Guns are responsible in this death, regardless of who made them or which country of Origin they come from. Isn't it amazing how Republicans dismiss Obama as originating from the United States but are so quick to say a gun used in a crime originated from the U.S.? Operation Gunrunner is not the problem, Guns are the problem. So the real issue here is not operation Gunrunner, it's operation 2nd Amendment.

In conclusion, Eric Holder should not step down just because of the specious reasoning that operation Fast and Furious in some way led to this murder. Instead, we should focus on how little gun legislation there is, which allows for drug gangs to get a hold of guns so easily. We need more protective programs such as operation Gunrunner and operation Fast and Furious so that we can have more surveillance of these guns on the Southwest border.
edit on 10-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

It's actually Project Gunrunner which spawned Operation Fast and Furious and Operation Castaway.

Also, your numbers are bit squewed. But I did try to look at your post with a eye toward humor. Just didn't find any.

Other than maybe the way this administration keeps denying knowledge of it. That is funny watching them trip all over themselve trying to cover their butts.

Edit: Ah, I think I get it.

edit on 10-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: Haven't had my coffe yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It's actually Project Gunrunner

Oh, thanks for the tip, we're happy to factcheck our statements so long as they fit in with our control paradigm. We'll update accordingly.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Oh, thanks for the tip, we're happy to factcheck our statements so long as they fit in with our control paradigm. We'll update accordingly.

I usually consider myself quick on the uptake and a witty guy. Just shows me that I shouldn’t sign in here until I’ve had my coffee.

AArrrggh! Ya got me!

Ya outta apply at The Onion. I love that site. Or maybe even start your own as competition.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

I usually consider myself quick on the uptake and a witty guy. Just shows me that I shouldn’t sign in here until I’ve had my coffee.

AArrrggh! Ya got me!

Ya outta apply at The Onion. I love that site. Or maybe even start your own as competition.

Thanks
I kinda like that idea of starting up some competition to the Onion. Maybe you can be my editor since you already helped me by correcting the name of the operation (I even said gunrunner elsewhere in the post, where I got gunslinger I have no idea :lol

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well, gunslinger makes sense if they threw them across the border. Though throwing that many guns would probably result in torn shoulder sockets, resulting in exorbitant medical fees.

Wait a second...I'm starting to see another connection. ObamaCare, Gunrunner injuries. Heck! It’s a win-win situation from their standpoint.

Just make sure they're unloaded so you don't shoot yourself with an accidental discharge after they hit the ground. That'd suck.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Second correction for ya. The funding was in the 2009 stimulus not the health care bill.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

Second correction for ya. The funding was in the 2009 stimulus not the health care bill.

Oh, gotcha, now watch how easy it is for me to update this

Update: Some corrections to the original story, the operation was not part of the health care bill but the stimulus package, so we will change the sentence:

"This is obviously false, why would a health care bill contain something about gun smuggling? "

to

"This is obviously false, why would a stimulus bill that affects the economy have anything to do with gun smuggling?"

Thanks for your input we strive to be factual here at factpronouncement.com

edit on 10-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So, from what I understand here...your essentially saying its the 2nd Ammendements fault that Project Gunrunner exists?
That, if we didnt have access to the guns in the first place, then the government would of had no need to give Mexican drug runners a means to kill, so they could track it (even tho not a single one of those guns have any sort of tracking deivce on them)?

That would be like...Charles Manson saying he set them kids on Sharon Tate for the future of the world.
You have to look at the literal black and white of this situation.
The government gave guns to Mexican drug cartels, end of story.
They should focus on better protecting the border, not trying to find a reason to remove more rights from us, due to the fact that another government cant keep their own people in line.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cheddartoes

It's supposed to be factitious. (Humor) in the style of the Onion.

Of course, I could be wrong.

The errors are what make it humorous.

new topics

top topics

join