It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have found ELENIN, IR signal moving, check for yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't know what the difference in the dates the pics taken to make google sky and sky-map.org but sky map has a huge infrared signature at:

09 39 54, 11 58 53.8

whereas google sky doesn't. When you enter these coords into google sky, it will only move you to the correct Right ascension, not the correct declination. I had to physically drag the map to the correct coords.

The name of the object in question is:

USNOA2 0975-06302756

but I am an astro-noob, so any enlightenment would be appreciated, because it looks like the object has moved to me.

edit on 10-7-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

This is once again a small star in the Leo constellation. It is at least 8 LY away, meaning it can absolutely not be Elenin. People need to stop using these online programs that were never meant to be used for any kind of serious research to look for evidence of Nibiru. If you want to know what's in space buy a telescope and join a local astronomy club.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

why is everyone debunking with the same online tools others are finding these with?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That is not Elenin.

Feel enlightened.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am just curious as to why there is a huge IR signature in sky map, but no IR signature in google sky. I can believe it is a faint star, but it is giving off a huge burst of IR light, did it stop giving it off when google took their pic?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit
reply to post by Xcalibur254

why is everyone debunking with the same online tools others are finding these with?

If you use a dated picture of a star that is in another solar system to posit that the object is a comet in our solar system, using the same pictures to debunk the notion is a valid debunking.
edit on 10-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
google sky is the dated photo, and there is nothing there, when was the sky-map pic taken? is it newer, meaning something is there that wasn't there before, or is it older. Either way, that doesn't change the FACT that 1 pic has a huge IR signature and the other doesn't.

Shills descend

And besides, I never said it was a comet, that is disinfo

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Because many don't understand the tools that they're using.

It's the same as when people find nibiru on SOHO or STEREO.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
Shills descend

And the title of your OP is?

I may have found ELENIN, IR signal moving, check for yourself

Comet Elenin

You may have heard the news:

Comet Elenin is coming to the inner-solar system this fall. Comet Elenin (also known by its astronomical name C/2010 X1), was first detected on Dec. 10, 2010 by Leonid Elenin, an observer in Lyubertsy, Russia, who made the discovery "remotely" using the ISON-NM observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico. At the time of the discovery, the comet was about 647 million kilometers (401 million miles) from Earth.

Over the past four-and-a-half months, the comet has – as comets do – closed the distance to Earth's vicinity as it makes its way closer to perihelion (its closest point to the sun). As of May 4, Elenin's distance is about 274 million kilometers (170 million miles).

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

google sky is the dated photo, and there is nothing there, when was the sky-map pic taken? is it newer, meaning something is there that wasn't there before, or is it older. Either way, that doesn't change the FACT that 1 pic has a huge IR signature and the other doesn't.

Shills descend

You realize not every bit of telescope array/satellite data is loaded onto all star map software right? Meaning that one program could have twice the number of stars had it been loaded with additional data...

It does not mean that the stars didn't exist before they were loaded.
edit on 10-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe it was a gamma ray burst.
You can check it out on this real-time map
that shows all the gamma ray bursts in the sky.

grb.sonoma.edu...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What you (and people on other forums) have recently found is the Frosty Leonis Nebula. It's 3,000 light years away.
www.applewood-astro.com...
www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de...

Here it is on Google Sky

edit on 7/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thank you Phage for the info

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I am just curious as to why there is a huge IR signature in sky map, but no IR signature in google sky. I can believe it is a faint star, but it is giving off a huge burst of IR light, did it stop giving it off when google took their pic?

When google took their pic PMSL at that, googlesky earth moon etc etc are just databases of pictures taken by OTHERS, they could have been taken many years ago. Find out how things work before jumping to conclusions!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

And I just found Elenin on Google Earth!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9812372b2235.jpg[/atsimg]

maps.google.com...,25.967849&spn=0.002186,0.003449&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.235538,56.513672&radius=15000.0 00000&t=h&z=18

Doesn't look so dangerous to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Thank you Phage for the info

Turn to the Phage if you want info without dis

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Now THAT'S FUNNY, what is Elenin doing in Bulgaria ???

top topics

join